Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Beaky 07-31-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovi76 (Post 1148988)
Not my first post - first post under this name as I cannot access my old account. Been a huge follower and fan of the band for almost 30 years. I am also a fan of Jon and Richie both as solo artists - but yes this new song from Richie simply sucks for me. It has nothing to do with who recorded it but for me its rubbish. Its also rubbish we are meant to believe it was leaked.

I think any artist has the right to put out any music they like. Its up to the fans if they buy it or not. Latest BJ album is not a fave of mine nor is Richies latest 'leaked' song. That doesn't mean there is not people out there who genuinely like these songs. An artist releasing something you don't like is not a personal attack on its fans.

At times the setlists may seem uninspired but they do change them up and over the years at certain times songs come in and out. Unlike many bands who play the same setlist night after night.

Wow you are angry though. You certainly read a lot into what I posted, some of the people here need to just relax. I can't believe the immaturity that goes on here with this stupid pro Jon/ anti Richie bullshit. Not sure why everyone has to suddenly be on a side :rolleyes:

Read my original post. Where exactly am I on anyone's side? You seemed to agree with everything I said and yet began your post with 'You're dreaming... ' etc, getting rowdy over ONE sentence I wrote. It does make me chuckle how those who pick out the odd sentence, totally misinterpret it and then throw their toys out of the pram have taken this board by storm! I’m amazed how things get taken out of proportion and how catty this thread has gotten. Just chill out mate…

Solid Sambora 07-31-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1148986)
First post... immediately beating the piss out of Richie and being totally pro-Jon... hmm you really could be any one of the several Jontologists on here.

I purposefully didn't say 'Jon doesn't listen to fans' it's the entire band I was referring to; Richie included. His comments last year on the EPK for Aftermath about how they approach writing for Bon Jovi was so dismissive, it reminded me of how Bono used to think he could fart into a mic and fans would buy it.

It's an old debate, been done to death but honestly, really, after that album and this tour, the setlists, anyone who doesn't think this band has lost touch just a tad is either easily pleased by anything with 'Bon Jovi' on the cover or just blinkered. No pleasure in saying that this has been a f*cking disastrous year for this band. Jon AND Richie need to pull their heads from their arses...

Beating the piss out of Richie? Pro-Jon? Have you actually read her post or are you just making shit up in your head?

jovi76 07-31-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1148989)
Read my original post. Where exactly am I on anyone's side? You seemed to agree with everything I said and yet began your post with 'You're dreaming... ' etc, getting rowdy over ONE sentence I wrote. It does make me chuckle how those who pick out the odd sentence, totally misinterpret it and then throw their toys out of the pram have taken this board by storm! I’m amazed how things get taken out of proportion and how catty this thread has gotten. Just chill out mate…

Rowdy :eek::rolleyes:;)

Its an expression, I wasn't having a go at you. Its a message board people reply back and forth.

Read below and take your own advice.

It does make me chuckle how those who pick out the odd sentence, totally misinterpret it and then throw their toys out of the pram have taken this board by storm! I’m amazed how things get taken out of proportion and how catty this thread has gotten. Just chill out mate

Beaky 07-31-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1148990)
Beating the piss out of Richie? Pro-Jon? Have you actually read her post or are you just making shit up in your head?

What a lovely place. Great post. You really added to the conversation. I missed you.

Beaky 07-31-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovi76 (Post 1148991)
Rowdy :eek::rolleyes:;)

Its an expression, I wasn't having a go at you. Its a message board people reply back and forth.

Read below and take your own advice.

It does make me chuckle how those who pick out the odd sentence, totally misinterpret it and then throw their toys out of the pram have taken this board by storm! I’m amazed how things get taken out of proportion and how catty this thread has gotten. Just chill out mate

It might be a message board but there seems to be no platform for discussion on here anymore. So many people, spending valuable time picking at each other, verbally kicking the crap out of each other and hurling abuse around about who knows more, who knows f*ck all and how someone should be flogged for suggesting Jon comes across as arrogant but how it’s fine to say Nikki is a whore.

I came back to share something I’d heard, put forward one opinion and end up in a cat fight at a Girl’s junior school. Still, at least I moved this thread on a page. I'll leave you to it, ladies.

united17 07-31-2013 12:05 PM

Maybe we should proactively move all the Richie related content and threads into the 'Other Bands' forum. That'll show him.

I also think we should throw Richie back into the 'Past Members' column of the Bon Jovi Wikipedia page. Yeah. See how he likes that.

bonjovi821 07-31-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by united17 (Post 1148994)
Maybe we should proactively move all the Richie related content and threads into the 'Other Bands' forum. That'll show him.

I also think we should throw Richie back into the 'Past Members' column of the Bon Jovi Wikipedia page. Yeah. See how he likes that.

Yep, I bet the Bon Jovi Wikipedia page is his homepage so he'll totally see it.

CKatz 07-31-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1148993)
It might be a message board but there seems to be no platform for discussion on here anymore. So many people, spending valuable time picking at each other, verbally kicking the crap out of each other and hurling abuse around about who knows more, who knows f*ck all and how someone should be flogged for suggesting Jon comes across as arrogant but how it’s fine to say Nikki is a whore.

I came back to share something I’d heard, put forward one opinion and end up in a cat fight at a Girl’s junior school. Still, at least I moved this thread on a page. I'll leave you to it, ladies.

I don't understand that attitude either. From what I've heard, Nikki is actually a very kind person. Not someone who deserves this kind of abuse. I guess it's easier for some to put the blame on bystanders.
At least in the beginning, this thread didn't take itself so seriously. Now it's just crazy.

CKatz 07-31-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by united17 (Post 1148994)

As if he would care...:rolleyes:

united17 07-31-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148999)
As if he would care...:rolleyes:

I was being sarcastic......

Solid Sambora 07-31-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1148992)
What a lovely place. Great post. You really added to the conversation. I missed you.

Just trying to help you realise you're having a go at someone for something that didn't happen. Accusing someone of pro-Jon bias, who hasn't even uttered his name? She wasn't particularly defamatory towards Richie either.

You're complaining that there's no room for discussion on here anymore and that its just folk being nasty to each other, yet there's you trying to dismiss someone based on how many comments they've made, labelling them something that doesn't actually fit what's been said.

Have you "come back"? I wouldn't know, you haven't mentioned it repeatedly in your last few posts. Does it bother you that you haven't "come back" to a heroes welcome? "Here comes Beaky with valuable, undeniable information, yadda yadda yadda..." You're pissed off that no one has given a shit that you're posting again, so decided to start something with the newbie to make yourself feel big and clever. No one has missed your posts, not cares that you're back, and if you really don't like the way the board is going, how about trying to change it- and have a decent discussion instead of your unjustified arguments.

Beaky 07-31-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1149002)
Just trying to help you realise you're having a go at someone for something that didn't happen. Accusing someone of pro-Jon bias, who hasn't even uttered his name? She wasn't particularly defamatory towards Richie either.

You're complaining that there's no room for discussion on here anymore and that its just folk being nasty to each other, yet there's you trying to dismiss someone based on how many comments they've made, labelling them something that doesn't actually fit what's been said.

Have you "come back"? I wouldn't know, you haven't mentioned it repeatedly in your last few posts. Does it bother you that you haven't "come back" to a heroes welcome? "Here comes Beaky with valuable, undeniable information, yadda yadda yadda..." You're pissed off that no one has given a shit that you're posting again, so decided to start something with the newbie to make yourself feel big and clever. No one has missed your posts, not cares that you're back, and if you really don't like the way the board is going, how about trying to change it- and have a decent discussion instead of your unjustified arguments.

I’m not surprised that you don’t see anything wrong with the replies. Honestly, just read her reply. Her points didn't even dispute most of what I said. As for 'bashing a newbie,' wake up; it was clear this wasn't a newbie, which was my point.

Wouldn’t something along the lines of ‘I agree that Richie’s new tune is awful, let’s hope he pays attention to the feedback he’s getting. I disagree with you in reference to Bon Jovi as a band not being in touch with their fan base; I think maybe that fanbase has changed a lot over the years and because of this, they are aimed at a different audience now than they were ten years ago.’

As for me wanting a fan fare, you clearly have no idea what I am like if you think that sort of thing rings my bell.

I came back here because it’s a community I was connected to for a long time, I heard something, I shared it; no big deal. I also told all of my friends who are Jovi fans. I think your interpretation is more telling of your own motivations; not everyone needs to feel like Charlie Large, my old chum.

jovi76 07-31-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1149004)
I’m not surprised that you don’t see anything wrong with the replies. Honestly, just read her reply. Her points didn't even dispute most of what I said. As for 'bashing a newbie,' wake up; it was clear this wasn't a newbie, which was my point.

Wouldn’t something along the lines of ‘I agree that Richie’s new tune is awful, let’s hope he pays attention to the feedback he’s getting. I disagree with you in reference to Bon Jovi as a band not being in touch with their fan base; I think maybe that fanbase has changed a lot over the years and because of this, they are aimed at a different audience now than they were ten years ago.’

As for me wanting a fan fare, you clearly have no idea what I am like if you think that sort of thing rings my bell.

I came back here because it’s a community I was connected to for a long time, I heard something, I shared it; no big deal. I also told all of my friends who are Jovi fans. I think your interpretation is more telling of your own motivations; not everyone needs to feel like Charlie Large, my old chum.

Seriously, you want to dictate how everyone should reply to you. That is not what I was saying regarding Bon Jovi and their fans.

Anyway weren't you running along ...:rolleyes:

Beaky 07-31-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovi76 (Post 1149005)
Seriously, you want to dictate how everyone should reply to you. That is not what I was saying regarding Bon Jovi and their fans.

Anyway weren't you running along ...:rolleyes:

Seriously, you want to dictate when I am allowed to post?

Well done. Taken one sentence and ignored everything else... again. The point I was making, one more time, for your one good brain cell, was: You read something in my original post that wasn't there and posted a pissy reply that wasn't necessary.

Then your boyfriend gets involved and I was just showing him what I thought was a reasonable, rational and considered response. Something you're clearly incapable of, dear.

Beaky 07-31-2013 02:04 PM

So back to my original point; I do hope these boys get over themselves, for the sake of those who have tickets for the upcoming shows but if they don't;

I can't see Bon Jovi hitting the road without a lead guitarist, with Jon and Bobby handling the solos, so is it really going to be The Kings & Bon Jovi? Or is there a new session player heading for the Jovi Jet?

steel_horse75 07-31-2013 02:09 PM

I personally think that if theres no Richie and Phil cant do it then they should now cancel rest of the tour and release a statement telling everyone whats going on.

(Most) People have just about got their heads around seeing Jovi with Phil - to have a no one or these Kings crap is unwatchable and not a Bon Jovi show and should be billed as that.

This has gone on too long and the fans who have paid and already seen the band plus the ones about to or thinking of buying tickets for forthcoming shows are owed an explanation now before it gets embarrasing

Sissy3 07-31-2013 02:26 PM

Knowing Richie's been AWOL and may continue to be, knowing Phil's got a baby coming due, and knowing how anal he can be about things, wouldn't you think Jon would already have a plan in case both Richie and Phil are unavailable? I don't think Mr Control would leave it to chance. Unless he too expects Richie to be back in September. :D

bjcrazycpa 07-31-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1149010)
Knowing Richie's been AWOL and may continue to be, knowing Phil's got a baby coming due, and knowing how anal he can be about things, wouldn't you think Jon would already have a plan in case both Richie and Phil are unavailable? I don't think Mr Control would leave it to chance. Unless he too expects Richie to be back in September. :D

Exactly. A plan is in place and it's not Bobby, Jon or KOS.

Ollie 07-31-2013 02:51 PM

I kno Phil will obviously want to be with his wife during the birth etc... But don't you think him having a child will be even more inventive for him wanting to earn as much cash as possible during what could possibly be his one last run of gigs to earn mega bucks????

gnr5 07-31-2013 02:53 PM

If its not Richie or Phil it will be someone else. There are millions of session players that can learn the songs in no time. This tour won't be canceled.

jessycardy 07-31-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ollie (Post 1149013)
I kno Phil will obviously want to be with his wife during the birth etc... But don't you think him having a child will be even more inventive for him wanting to earn as much cash as possible during what could possibly be his one last run of gigs to earn mega bucks????

I do. In fact, I don't think he would ever say no to Bon Jovi (health and stuff apart). I also think it's either him or Richie, I don't see much room for any other solution.

Beaky 07-31-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1149015)
I do. In fact, I don't think he would ever say no to Bon Jovi (health and stuff apart). I also think it's either him or Richie, I don't see much room for any other solution.

Firstly, I think it's positive that, at present, he's not scheduled to go out again. Hopefully it shows Jon is keen to make some progress with RS. I wouldn't even mind it if Jon came out and said, 'I am trying to talk to Richie but he doesn't want to know,' at least people would know the ball is certainly in RS's court.

I agree with you though, I am sure Phil will have skirted around the subject with his very pregnant wife but whether she's entirely happy with the idea, remains to be seen. Or, maybe he wouldn't even consider leaving his missus and newborn, no matter what.

I guess the whole 'this is a once in a lifetime gig' thing might have worn a bit thin with her now :)

ticos_stick 07-31-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnr5 (Post 1149014)
If its not Richie or Phil it will be someone else. There are millions of session players that can learn the songs in no time. This tour won't be canceled.

That became obvious a long time ago. Jon said he didn't want to let fans down by cancelling shows yet announces loads of new ones when he knows Richie won't be back or he hasn't said he will be at least.

JackieBlue 07-31-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1149002)
No one has missed your posts, not cares that you're back, and if you really don't like the way the board is going, how about trying to change it- and have a decent discussion instead of your unjustified arguments.

And there he goes, speaking for everyone! Good morning to you, too, Solid Sambora. :)

Beaky, I missed your posts and I'm glad you're back. And if you have unjustified (or unjustifiable) arguments, it would seem that you are in good company.

You guys been taking lessons in communication from Jon and Richie? :p

(And before anyone jumps, yes, that's a joke, son!)

BJ?YesPlease 07-31-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1149016)
Hopefully it shows Jon is keen to make some progress with RS. I wouldn't even mind it if Jon came out and said, 'I am trying to talk to Richie but he doesn't want to know,' at least people would know the ball is certainly in RS's court.

Woah, woah, woah (we're halfway there?!) ... I might be reading it wrong, and if so, I apoligise - but this smacks significantly of being "Richie's all to blame and Jon is doing everything he can to get RS on the tour" - when in fact, there's nothing to suggest Jon is attempting to get RS back, and we've heard RS come out and say he wants to come back, and all the rumours at least point towards Richie wanting dialogue and putting the ball in Jon's court....

Beaky 07-31-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1149022)
Woah, woah, woah (we're halfway there?!) ... I might be reading it wrong, and if so, I apoligise - but this smacks significantly of being "Richie's all to blame and Jon is doing everything he can to get RS on the tour" - when in fact, there's nothing to suggest Jon is attempting to get RS back, and we've heard RS come out and say he wants to come back, and all the rumours at least point towards Richie wanting dialogue and putting the ball in Jon's court....

Who knows… I think Richie’s pissed about Jon changing stage positions, he wants to focus on his own stuff and doesn’t feel like a partner in the process anymore but that’s just my opinion. Has Jon done anything other than just being how he’s always been in the last 15 years? Probably not. Is Richie just being a bit of an airhead, arty-farty, cry-baby? Probably. But who knows.

Richie’s being cold… Jon’s Just Colder… BOOM.

BJ?YesPlease 07-31-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1149023)
Who knows… I think Richie’s pissed about Jon changing stage positions, he wants to focus on his own stuff and doesn’t feel like a partner in the process anymore but that’s just my opinion. Has Jon done anything other than just being how he’s always been in the last 15 years? Probably not. Is Richie just being a bit of an airhead, arty-farty, cry-baby? Probably. But who knows.

Haha! Nice and fair post!
Can't argue with anything there....

jessycardy 07-31-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1149022)

Jon's been saying all along that Richie can come back whenever he wants. Richie said he wants to come back, July was too soon and maybe September could be a good time (which to me sounds as in it depends on him and when he sees it as a good time).

This is what we heard (by the means of ears) from the people involved. As much as we now know a lot of the written gutter press was most likely actually press releases from the very people surrounding Richie, I'd still rather stick to what I've directly heard from the horses' mouth.

BJ?YesPlease 07-31-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1149029)
Jon's been saying all along that Richie can come back whenever he wants. Richie said he wants to come back, July was too soon and maybe September could be a good time (which to me sounds as in it depends on him and when he sees it as a good time).

This is what we heard (by the means of ears) from the people involved. As much as we now know a lot of the written gutter press was most likely actually press releases from the very people surrounding Richie, I'd still rather stick to what I've directly heard from the horses' mouth.

Gotcha ... though I remain sceptical of both parties saying one thing and acting differently behind the scenes.

Crushgen24/88 07-31-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1148982)
I think the point was, that Sean seemingly being on Richie's payroll, RS won't skip over his tweets like he would do yours or mine; in fact, if a song has been 'leaked' and pumped out over social media, if he's smart then Richie is paying very close attention to his Twitter feed right now, especially interactions between Sean and fans. So to reply to disillusioned fans and copy Richie in, as Sean did, IS either brave or stupid.

Whereas RS is just plain ol' stupid. Why on earth does he think anyone wants to hear anything from him right now - especially this drivel - other than 'I'll be back on the road with the band in September.' If this is him testing the water, then the news is, it's tepid and full of floaters, so flush it, Richie, flush it...

Got to be honest though; at least he's testing the water at all - Bon Jovi could do with listening to their fans a little more when it comes to their output and set lists.

Wasn't talking about Sean or the "leak" that clearly wasn't a leak, was discussing the singer/songwriter guy who claimed to have an inside source in the band.

golittleperson 07-31-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1148830)
Richie has been living the California "lifestyle" since 1994 when he married Heather (and I'm not sure he hadn't already moved out there).

And he has been constant "tabloid fodder" by his own words. Not getting any better and I'm worried he likes it with the tabloid journalistic P/R that is official NikkiRich press. He seems to need more Jersey back in him and less LA but his life to live. Just hate it because I think too much of him and most of his work.

jessycardy 07-31-2013 08:52 PM

I'm posting this just because I find it amusing, in a way.

The article ends with: "Either way, posted feedback on the ‘Come Back As Me’ YouTube upload (which you can watch above) has been overwhelmingly positive, and Sambora’s fans are clearly ready for more."

I think some people in here would have a word or two to say on the matter! LOL
I still can't wrap my head around the fact they're actually deleting any comment that differs from "OMG! AWESOME! THE BEST EVER!11!11!1! **** BON JOVI".

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/richi...me-back-as-me/

nickolai 07-31-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1149023)

Haha, nice! :D

The Rock 07-31-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1149010)

Thank you for pointing this out. From posts it seems as if, Jon was twirling his thumbs and everything was up in the air. It would have been set in motion as soon as Phil came back on board. They would have talked about how long, how many shows etc etc. Phil would have informed Jon about his pregnant wife from the beginning.

It won't be KOS because that went down like a lead balloon. It won't be Jon or Bobby because then why did they bring back Phil, they could have struck with themselves from the beginning. It could very well be Richie. Who knows but it will be interesting to see.

Javier 07-31-2013 10:55 PM

Well, with both Richie's and Phil's future this fall remaining uncertain I think Jon still has a plan that doesn't involve either of them. And I just read that after heavy negotiations with Stallone to be in Expendables 3, Seagal still has not answered his offer. does Jon have a surprising card up his sleve?? :p

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_jFp7RLimk...all-guitar.jpg

TugaJovi 07-31-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1149048)
I'm posting this just because I find it amusing, in a way.

The article ends with: "Either way, posted feedback on the ‘Come Back As Me’ YouTube upload (which you can watch above) has been overwhelmingly positive, and Sambora’s fans are clearly ready for more."

I think some people in here would have a word or two to say on the matter! LOL
I still can't wrap my head around the fact they're actually deleting any comment that differs from "OMG! AWESOME! THE BEST EVER!11!11!1! **** BON JOVI".

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/richi...me-back-as-me/

Hahah I love it, jessycardy. I had a comment deleted too... Apparently saying that Richie can do much better and that that was a hideous attempt to hit Jon was not very well received. :p Well, I kinda get it. The best and reasonable critical comments were all deleted, so I really don't give a crap about the approved ones, which just lick his ass. Richie could learn a thing or two from the comments he gets from his most honest fans... :D

ticos_stick 07-31-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1149061)
Well, with both Richie's and Phil's future this fall remaining uncertain I think Jon still has a plan that doesn't involve either of them. And I just read that after heavy negotiations with Stallone to be in Expendables 3, Seagal still has not answered his offer. does Jon have a surprising card up his sleve?? :p

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_jFp7RLimk...all-guitar.jpg

Oh my forking Christ! Seagal would be the only replacement that I'd be happy with. Jon wouldn't get away with no bad attitude either. Super Steve would chop him around the neck quicker than you could say stink eye. He could also double as the band's security.

Rickbro 07-31-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1149064)
Oh my forking Christ! Seagal would be the only replacement that I'd be happy with. Jon wouldn't get away with no bad attitude either. Super Steve would chop him around the neck quicker than you could say stink eye. He could also double as the band's security.

If he looses 100lbs. Bands security? I think not. I know someone who chocked him out twice on the set of one of his earlier movies. I played one of Segals songs for someone via YouTube. They actually liked it until they found out who it was.

ticos_stick 07-31-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickbro (Post 1149071)
If he looses 100lbs. Bands security? I think not. I know someone who chocked him out twice on the set of one of his earlier movies. I played one of Segals songs for someone via YouTube. They actually liked it until they found out who it was.

Shut your dirty whore mouth.

You're jealous. Simple as that.

Javier 07-31-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickbro (Post 1149071)

Seagal would be ideal to double as security. while he plays everyone would be in awe of the sheer awesomeness, and when he's not playing it's impossible to get around him and if you try to get through him you'd likely DIE!! A VERY PAINFUL DEATH!!