Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Beaky 04-30-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1125644)
Right - yes, I appreciate it, I deserve all the sarcastic comments :D

I honestly thought that most people actually read the Trial (isn't it mandatory reading in most high school's???).....

I actually have to apologise... for, how you say... bustin' your balls...

No, we read Shakespeare, darling...

karlj 04-30-2013 12:38 PM

I've read these pages and love some of the ideas put forward. I can't shed any light but I can give my opinion.
I opened up for Bon Jovi in 2006 for two nights and met the band - Jon was a real gent to me as was all the band and crew - don't get me wrong - there's only one boss but he looks after things (very well) and knows the business. Richie was a mess at this time but Jon was around and been a friend (and seemed pretty close).
As a musician it must be upsetting to Richie - In his band as a guitarist/co writer he can play massive venues and chart highly (of which writing wise and certainly in Europe he is a major part of) but anything with just his name on hardly makes a mark. Mentally that must be quite annoying - especially when not many in your own country want to know you .......
Added on to non stop album - tour- album etc and constant travelling from Los Angeles to New York, the rehab/drug/drink problems, death of father and failed marriage I think anyone would be a little on the edge ......
He's made a fine album in my opinion - a big grower (which is not as throw away pop as the Jovi album) and wants to do his own thing ----- Jon been the workaholic wants to move forward - resulting in two albums close to each other - one Richie is fully involved in and one to be fair he was probably half assed about but did it has a duty - I have to question how much he actually played on it also .....
So why do I think this situation has happened -
1. It could be a genuine situation - illness in the family - mentally not fit to be on tour - who knows ...
2. Conflict of interests - I'm surprised Jon hasn't let him sing 'Every Road' or a solo track at a Jovi gig - Come On - one song out of 24/25 songs a night - giving him an hand up with his album - He can't sell in his own country so playing a solo track to 15,000 fans a night would lift his head - and I'm sorry but it would n't arm 'wHAT aBOUT nOW' as most fans have already bought it ...... - I'd be mighty pissed if I'd put all my energy into something and then have a friend/band mate VETO putting a track in the set ......
3. Money - I can't see it unless there has been a big change (and the other two I'm sure would have walked as well). Richie makes millions a year in royalties from co writes from past hits also plus when co write tracks are played live he gets paid a royalty .......
My honest opinion is that his heart is just not in it at the moment and he has actually tried really hard for it to be. It may be a treasured life but imagine forcing yourself to work everyday to keep others happy while your mind is on other things - cancelling out what you want to be doing and subjecting yourself to a year of it and on the time off working on what you want to = BURNOUT ..... - The others around you in the band not bothered about your 'THING' and you been told what to do - I would probably have done the same.
If this is the case (and I'm only making my prediction) then how do you put that on a press release without sounding selfish or out of order ? - Maybe the reason Jon has not disclosed the reason is due to the fact he hopes Richie will have a rest and come back with a new mind set ........
For totally selfish reasons I'd like to see Richie leave for a while - The band I loved is now just a corporate machine churning out middle of the road non inspired music that sounds like something off a production line - not a band. The band don't record together and it's all done piece meal with some of it been session men (Phil X is probably on some of What About Now for all we know!). Jon needs to get his hunger back (and his band) while Richie needs to spread his wings - get some independent confidence back - let some steam off and possibly come back when the time is right .....
Anyway thats my views and by next week he could be back and all forgotten ..........
KJ

MrNickel 04-30-2013 12:44 PM

Am I the only one that fears we will run of pages in this thread and it will explode because of too much conversation and conspiracy theories ?

Kinda reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Kramer tries to drive the car as far as he can when its running on empty.

jbjhand 04-30-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlj (Post 1125650)
The band I loved is now just a corporate machine churning out middle of the road non inspired music that sounds like something off a production line - not a band.

Beautifully put.

jovigirloz 04-30-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1125654)
Beautifully put.

absolutely!

Tom Bon Jovi #29 04-30-2013 01:13 PM

I've been trying to follow the thread as best I can although I have no idea if this has been posted or not, but there were a few moments in this clip which make me lean more and more towards the Jon V Richie thing other than any of the other reasons for the departure. Richie mentions his tour and makes a point of it being smaller than what he would have liked plus what he say about compromise made me think. It's probably nothing although the whole vibe of the clip just makes me think that he's fed up.

malcyc 04-30-2013 01:18 PM

WAN video

Just watched the new video for WAN, not much Richie and loads of Jon Tico and Dave... Was wondering if Richie was gonna be in it at all but there are a couple of flashes....

JDJovi 04-30-2013 01:22 PM

The problem as I see it is that, for whatever reason, Jon always seems to think he needs to prove himself by churning out album after album
WAN is as weak as it has got for a long time and the time (or lack of it) that has gone into it is to blame.
And it does seem, looking from the outside without having a 'scooby doo' about what is actually happening, that RS and maybe the others feel the same.
Take away What's Left of Me and the album is a shocker.
After seeing them in 2011 I thought it would be next year at the earliest that they would be back on the road.
Don't get me wrong, I CANNOT WAIT to see the band in a few weeks at Manchester and Villa Park and not just because I love watching them live but because of the friends I have met through watching the band. We get together when we can but the best place to do it is when we are seeing them live.
But everything about this album and tour all seems way too hurried and it wouldn't surprise me if relations have been affected because of it.
Whether RS comes back or not, they need a long break after this tour and find themselves again. And, as long as Jon's ego allows, hopefully an album written by both of them again.

Having said all of that, I really haven't got a clue what is going on and I just want to keep contributing to this stunning thread.

Talk about making history, we are doing it right here and right now!

Beaky 04-30-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malcyc (Post 1125660)
Just watched the new video for WAN, not much Richie and loads of Jon Tico and Dave... Was wondering if Richie was gonna be in it at all but there are a couple of flashes....

Have to say, don't agree with this at all... there is plenty of Richie in that vid. Also, I think they purposefully picked a shot of Phil X with his back to the camera because they are JUST stupid enough to think we wouldn't be able to tell it was him.

I don't think the video would be much different if Richie had been ever-present on this tour...

JoviJovi 04-30-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1125664)
Have to say, don't agree with this at all... there is plenty of Richie in that vid. Also, I think they purposefully picked a shot of Phil X with his back to the camera because they are JUST stupid enough to think we wouldn't be able to tell it was him.

I don't think the video would be much different if Richie had been ever-present on this tour...

Agree. There's a whole section in the middle with a bunch of shots of just Jon and Richie.