Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Stranger11 04-30-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heart†1125674
By putting in the part at the end, where one sees Phil X with his back to the camera, shows that Richie was not willing to *finish* this vid. That *could be* a very telling sign, of sorts.

I would be surprised if Richie even knew what the 2nd single will be let alone what kind of video would be done for it.

The backstage scenes were obviously shot during this leg when Richie wasn´t present. Personally I was surprised how many times he was shown.

Phil X is only filmed with his back to camera you can´t even see his face.

jdanielross 04-30-2013 05:22 PM

Jon has talked in the past about how songs that are "let's go to the bathroom/get a beer" songs are unfavorable to him because it's so hard to get the crowd back after those. I can see him denying RS a solo song based on that. RS only did Homebound Train on the last tour for a few of the first dates and then moved to the fan-friendly LYHOM (though his solo version sucked, IMO. Truthfully, the RS solo IBTFY is far superior to any other version live ... so I don't mind him having to stick to that one in his solo spot).

On Phil X ... he's on the upcoming Scott Stapp solo album that's being recorded now so I don't think he has any objections to playing for almost anyone who will pay him.

TheseDaysEra 04-30-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdanielross (Post 1125706)
Jon has talked in the past about how songs that are "let's go to the bathroom/get a beer" songs are unfavorable to him because it's so hard to get the crowd back after those. I can see him denying RS a solo song based on that. RS only did Homebound Train on the last tour for a few of the first dates and then moved to the fan-friendly LYHOM (though his solo version sucked, IMO. Truthfully, the RS solo IBTFY is far superior to any other version live ... so I don't mind him having to stick to that one in his solo spot).

On Phil X ... he's on the upcoming Scott Stapp solo album that's being recorded now so I don't think he has any objections to playing for almost anyone who will pay him.

I hate to be THAT guy but.. people only get up from their seats to grab a beer or go to the bathroom in the middle of a gig in North America. In Europe, if you paid to see a concert, you WATCH the whole damn thing, period.

Stranger11 04-30-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aljo (Post 1125698)
I'm surprised also. I think it would really boost Richie's ego a bit if he was able to sing one of his own songs. It certainly wouldn't hurt the rest of the setlist and would make Richie feel good. Can't come up with any good reason why he shouldn't be able to sing one song. And don't tell me Jon wants to separate the band album from the solo album, letting him sing one song wouldn't kill him.

But when you look at the Band history the only Solo song that Richie ever sang at a BJ concert was Stranger in this town - he never did anything from Undiscovered Soul.

So what would be the big change now and why should Richie be surprised if Jon may changed his mind or it wasn´t even planned for the US leg. Maybe it was planned for Europe since Every road was a Bonus track on the European edition.

But since even the "What about now" record is poorly represented so far, nothing else shocks me setlist-wise.

RonJovi 04-30-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra (Post 1125707)
I hate to be THAT guy but.. people only get up from their seats to grab a beer or go to the bathroom in the middle of a gig in North America. In Europe, if you paid to see a concert, you WATCH the whole damn thing, period.

That isn't true.

In the RDS in 2011, there were literally hundreds of people outside at any given moment.

At Lansdowne in 2003, when Richie did IBTFY, there was a mass exodus for the toilet. Same thing happened when they did Diamond Ring.

jovifan93 04-30-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Maybe you do, but not everyone... While it's true that I would never go to the bathroom during a show, I did grab a beer or two during the concert many times - nothing wrong with that, though I prefer if the guy with the beer on the back comes around and brings it to me ;-) And friends of mine even went to the bathroom - if you gotta go, you gotta go :-D

Bill23 04-30-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

If you had to listen to Working Man you'd get up for a beer or maybe even go for a walk. Also- Europe (from what I understand) is all GA- no way you could go anywhere I'd imagine. Atleast if you did good luck getting "seat" back.

Mysterytrain 04-30-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heart†1125669
Very well said and in my opinion, spot on.

I just would like to put my two cents worth in...

Your last statement is a light bulb moment, for me, regardless if Richie returns to this tour or not.

I have one or two people in my/our family that cope with stress by doing this very same thing, and one or two that do add alcohol to the mix. Never put 2 and 2 together, especially with one of them, until now. Especially, the stress = flee/flight for many people, whether physically or by using other means, such as alcohol. (excessively)

Richie needs to find a healthy way to deal with this issue, like so many other people do. A positive method vs a negative method, if you will. For example, a lot of people use running and other sports, (other healthier ways), to deal with stress.

Thank you for writing what you wrote, above, for a multitude of reasons.

Richie could use some *true friends* who would help him sort out his demons. All he gets from fans is unconditional adoration. What he needs, is someone that he trusts, that would "get real" with him, treat him like a normal person, so to speak.

In order for that to happen, Richie, has to reach a point where he is open to receiving that input and not taking it as criticism. That is the key, imo.

I always thought a month or so...in rehab was not enough for Richie or for anyone to sort out their issues that led them to drink excessively, anyway.

If Richie is going to succeed at, *anything*, in the future, whether on his own, or with the band, he has to get these psychological issues sorted out, first.

Otherwise, down the road, I feel he is in for a very challenging path, in finding that every road does not lead home to "you" but rather, to ~ "himself", someone he has real issues with, apparently. And, is not yet, willing to face them, instead he is still in the pointing fingers mode.

Even if he goes back on tour, I fear it will just make things worse for him. Anyone that's been touring as long as he has, can put on a great act on stage, but what happens when the show(s) are over (for him)?

It seems that the only person, in his life, at the moment, who is helping to keep R grounded, is Ava. He obviously adores her and does not want to let her down. But, as she grows up, and moves away, more and more, on her own, then what?

I guess, if he found the right woman, he could still have another family, that might help stabilize him? The problem with that, is him finding the "right woman". Someone that could make him face his own demons and support him, give him something to believe in, something to live for, etc.

To fight an addiction, to be comfortable with one's own self, a person needs all the support that they can get. A Rockstar also needs someone to keep them grounded.

Richie does not seem to have that. The other members in the band, do seem to have that. imo, therein lies one of the major differences, between the rest of the band and Richie.

He is not the only person, in history, that has had tremendous talent, but chooses a path of self destruction, as they get older and older, for whatever reason.

It's sad to watch, I love Richie, but that is not what he needs to hear. Unfortunately, at this time, he is not willing to hear anything else.

Again, thank you to ~ Mysterytrain. You have (obviously) given me a lot to think about, both in regards to Richie and in regards to my/our own family.

You're welcome. :) If this idea helps anyone cope in some way, then it's done its job beyond what I expected of it when I posted, which was just that I thought it an idea worth putting 'out there'. I also posted this idea on another forum, and interestingly, got this response from someone who had seen the 'WWWB' documentary at Tribeca, before it was edited to what we see now:

'Jon asked the interviewer who he was going to interview next and Interviewer said Richie. Jon responded you do know if you ask him something he doesn't like he will get up and walk out. Interviewer response I know that that is why i'm interviewing him on a boat.'

This person went on to say Richie is a lot 'darker' than people realize, because he so often gives off the impression that he is the 'jokester' of the band.

Ruggy 04-30-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1125722)
If you had to listen to Working Man you'd get up for a beer or maybe even go for a walk. Also- Europe (from what I understand) is all GA- no way you could go anywhere I'd imagine. Atleast if you did good luck getting "seat" back.

No, there's Golden and Diamond Circle in Europe.

tigrs99 04-30-2013 06:10 PM

Link to German promoter magazine which says Richie won't be coming over
http://www.eventmagazin.info/
I think story is on page 18