Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

rolo_tomachi 03-18-2020 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1262377)
physical copies of the album will be delayed.
Amazon already said theyve told suppliers to hold any new music.

That's fine. Bon Jovi could release a deluxe edition in physical format with some songs added, and having an extra incentive for physical copies.

On the other hand, I think that the new album is no longer relevant due to the coronavirus, unless Jon writes a couple of new songs about what is happening now and includes it in the later relaunch for the physical copies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1262378)
If they had balls, they could just go and release it digitally right now. Pretty much all of us are sitting at home and would have time to listen to it / couldn't escape it anyway :D

But I wouldn't be surprised if they delayed the whole release in case the tour won't happen this summer/yeas, simply so that they can try to get that ticket/CD bundle shit to push them up the charts.

Yes, I think the same. Now they could take the opportunity to release the album, I'm not sure if they have filmed another video, but if they already did... they have the opportunity to attract attention by advancing the album.

Anyway, if they can't do this with the new album, they should at least release some songs of the vaults, a collection of 5, 10 or 15 songs that fighting the coronavirus.

IWantYou 03-18-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1262380)
That's fine. Bon Jovi could release a deluxe edition in physical format with some songs added, and having an extra incentive for physical copies.

On the other hand, I think that the new album is no longer relevant due to the coronavirus, unless Jon writes a couple of new songs about what is happening now and includes it in the later relaunch for the physical copies.

Yes, I think the same. Now they could take the opportunity to release the album, I'm not sure if they have filmed another video, but if they already did... they have the opportunity to attract attention by advancing the album.

Anyway, if they can't do this with the new album, they should at least release some songs of the vaults, a collection of 5, 10 or 15 songs that fighting the coronavirus.

Every new material is welcome... :sleeping::???:

Dave88 03-18-2020 04:58 PM

Changing the album scheduled date and releasing it now it would be of an incredibly bad taste, with the entire world facing such serious issues.

bonjovi90 03-18-2020 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave88 (Post 1262384)
Changing the album scheduled date and releasing it now it would be of an incredibly bad taste, with the entire world facing such serious issues.

Completely disagree. People are sitting at home, some of them facing hard times either health- or economic-related. Why not release the album or some new songs digitally to help fans make the best out of their situation?
Jon always talks about his universal, timeless and uplifting musical approach. Now he can prove that he's got something to lift people up.

robknowles1978 03-18-2020 05:54 PM

Totally agree. I’m stuck at home with my entire family for 14 days because three of us are showing symptoms. A bit of new Bon Jovi music would certainly make the days go quicker... regardless of how it stacks up against the 80s 90s and 00s releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 03-18-2020 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robknowles1978 (Post 1262386)
Totally agree. I’m stuck at home with my entire family for 14 days because three of us are showing symptoms. A bit of new Bon Jovi music would certainly make the days go quicker... regardless of how it stacks up against the 80s 90s and 00s releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes!!! Hope it's all negative!!!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Dave88 03-18-2020 06:19 PM

I think you don't understand the scale of the emergency yet.

Here in Milan and Lombardy region in general there are no more beds available in hospitals, doctor and nurses are working non stop and some of them are not even returning home at the end of their shift, hundreds of people are dying every day.

People are focused and concerned over so many things, and when the health crisis will be over the economic crisis will step in.

No one is interested in new Bon Jovi music right now, there are more serious things to take care of.

A new song for free to show support in the vein of what Bono did? Yes.

Moving forward the release of the album to take advantage of the quarantine and people's free time to get a #1 album? HELL NO.

rolo_tomachi 03-18-2020 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave88 (Post 1262389)

Here in Milan and Lombardy region in general there are no more beds available in hospitals, doctor and nurses are working non stop and some of them are not even returning home at the end of their shift, hundreds of people are dying every day.

People are focused and concerned over so many things, and when the health crisis will be over the economic crisis will step in.

No one is interested in new Bon Jovi music right now, there are more serious things to take care of.

Moving forward the release of the album to take advantage of the quarantine and people's free time to get a #1 album? HELL NO.

It's not about getting number 1. It's about giving relief to fans or people who can connect with your music. The world needs hope, distraction... in this time you have to get the positive where it is needed. Otherwise we will all be trapped in the dark.

I'm from Spain, we are on the same track as Italy, but a person cannot be immersed in the negative for so long, he needs rays of hope, don't you think? Anything can change the mood and make it positive.

manarosi 03-18-2020 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave88 (Post 1262389)

un abbraccio da un romano!

bonjovi90 03-18-2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1262390)
It's not about getting number 1. It's about giving relief to fans or people who can connect with your music. The world needs hope, distraction... in this time you have to get the positive where it is needed. Otherwise we will all be trapped in the dark.

I'm from Spain, we are on the same track as Italy, but a person cannot be immersed in the negative for so long, he needs rays of hope, don't you think? Anything can change the mood and make it positive.

Very well said. Germany is heading in the same direction, my mum is a surgery nurse, so she'd in the midst of that as well. Yet when she comes home, she likes to watchher favourite series or listen to her favourite bands. It's not about sales, it's about giving the people something to take their minds off when they get home.
There's always something more serious in the world or in life than releases, but that should never be a counting factor.