Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

TwinFan 08-02-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1149322)
You are proof that emojis matter.

I do what I can.

Mysterytrain 08-02-2013 10:51 PM

I hadn't heard this one before; Richie re-Tweeted it with this comment:

"Now that is some shit! Me and Snake... We did that a lot... I love that guy..."

Also, someone Tweeted Richie singing in Spanish:

"In It for Love":
"All That Really Matters":

Becky 08-02-2013 11:52 PM

http://www.noise11.com/news/richie-s...-song-20130802

I don't think Richie is naive enough to be unaware of the tabloid fodder he's causing. I'm really losing respect for him. He obviously wants this negative press and he's making sure it's out there with his goons Lund and Borg. About the only way one of his solo songs is going to garner attention is if he lets people think it's an attack on Jon.

Kiwi78 08-03-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1149331)

I don't think Richie is naive enough to be unaware of the tabloid fodder he's causing. I'm really losing respect for him. He obviously wants this negative press and he's making sure it's out there with his goons Lund and Borg. About the only way one of his solo songs is going to garner attention is if he lets people think it's an attack on Jon.

Couldn't agree more.

The Love Fest on twitter is beyond a joke. In any normal circumstance, I wouldn't object to him tweeting constantly about the great things he'd done solo wise but c'mon.

Sometimes I think we're reading into stuff to much but then sometimes I think it's so obviously pointed. Everything is pointing to the fact he wants to go solo - I could be wrong but who knows.

semigoodlookin 08-03-2013 12:41 AM

Richie is peddling his solo stuff, fair play he has decent solo output (overall would prefer Jon's or my own). However, in doing so he is distancing himself from the Bon Jovi material, why isn't he embracing it and saying "hey look, I did this too" and link As My Guitar, or Lie to Me, Wanted, any of the classics he was involved in. I honestly think that would be a bigger **** you to Jon and the band.

I really doubt Jon cares or ever has cared about Richie's solo work. Is Richie not allowed to mention the band at all, did he have less input in the Jovi songs than we were led to believe so does not cherish them as much? I don't really think either of those above, but while highlighting he is an artist in his own right he is only proving to me that his best work has been with the band.

His reasons for leaving are his own and he is entitled to them, but right now his PR machine is a mess, it is cringe worthy and he is looking increasingly like someone going through a mid-life crisis, at least publicly. Why he is acting and dressing like a 25 year old is beyond me. He was a mega cool guy in his relaxed nature but now he is turning into a bit of a caricature.

For shame Richie, for ****ing shame

I always kind of sussed that publicly Jon is a dick, but not the Sambora. How wrong I was and it is worse having your expectations broken than met.

crashed 08-03-2013 12:50 AM

And honestly, if that's the way he's playing it - like some gangsta rap feud - when Jon, Dave and Tico have been doing their best out there (ok the kings of suburbia fiasco but that was just bad judgement and they realised that pretty quickly) - he can go keep his fashion line and his hangers-on and his "soulful" solo tracks and shove them right up his arse.

I have always supported Richie Sambora in and out of the band, bought his records even if I didn't really feel them as much as JBJ or Bon Jovi records, but I won't support a Richie tearing apart the band I love.

Yet, part of me still hopes it is naivete, that Richie couldn't, and wouldn't, be stupid enough to shit over his own legacy.

ticos_stick 08-03-2013 01:34 AM

Twitter Richie isn't the Richie we know and love.

The only rational explanation is that his mind has been taken over by extraterrestrials. :new-alie:

crashed 08-03-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1149337)
Twitter Richie isn't the Richie we know and love.

The only rational explanation is that his mind has been taken over by extraterrestrials. :new-alie:

I'm actually starting to think this is the only logical explanation.

jessycardy 08-03-2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1149338)
I'm actually starting to think this is the only logical explanation.

I remember one of the very first rumors when he had totally disappeared from any radar was that he was pregnant of an alien. Although, you'd think after four months you'd start seeing a little belly showing. Maybe aliens come in very small sizes?

golittleperson 08-03-2013 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1149331)

Maybe not Naive enough, but I think sometimes vulnerable enough. This is IMO the type of crowd that would say one drink, one line, it won't hurt because they really dont give a shit about him (yes Sugar Daddy pun). Genlux last interview still bugs me. His LA history for women and press is so bad, remember Denise's balcony shots which multiple paps said she is the one who told them when and where to be. BUT this time these whatever they ares - are cutting into his music side and that is the lowest. Too much LA fake world got into his head and not enough of his Jersey roots. If they hadn't crossed the line, I might even like one of those jackets Nikki posted today - but NWIH right now.

Sissy3 08-03-2013 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1149339)
I remember one of the very first rumors when he had totally disappeared from any radar was that he was pregnant of an alien. Although, you'd think after four months you'd start seeing a little belly showing. Maybe aliens come in very small sizes?

Well see, there ya go. He had to cut his work load back due to the pregnancy and the tour was the first thing to get kicked to the curb. Wonder if Nikki is the mother? ;)

LeaJovi 08-03-2013 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1149335)
I have always supported Richie Sambora in and out of the band, bought his records even if I didn't really feel them as much as JBJ or Bon Jovi records, but I won't support a Richie tearing apart the band I love.

What does this mean? Why did you buy them if not because you enjoy the music? You bough them to "support" a millionaire? To inflate his ego?

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1149335)
Yet, part of me still hopes it is naivete, that Richie couldn't, and wouldn't, be stupid enough to shit over his own legacy.

What is his legacy? Why would he shit all over it? Didn't he play lots of new songs in his mini solo tour?

I don't get what you are trying to imply, since if you're not confortable doing something you should either try to fix things or quit, who cares about a legacy?

The Rock 08-03-2013 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1149334)
I always kind of sussed that publicly Jon is a dick, but not the Sambora. How wrong I was and it is worse having your expectations broken than met.

You see, I've always suspected there was more to Richie than meets the eye. This whole lay back, humble, sweet guy was always a little too good to be true. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that privately his an ego-driven, bastard who is out to get everyone but I always thought that this bad guy Jon/good guy Richie was a misrepresentation of them.

crashed 08-03-2013 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1149343)
What does this mean? Why did you buy them if not because you enjoy the music? You bough them to "support" a millionaire? To inflate his ego?

What is his legacy? Why would he shit all over it? Didn't he play lots of new songs in his mini solo tour?

I don't get what you are trying to imply, since if you're not confortable doing something you should either try to fix things or quit, who cares about a legacy?

I bought them before I'd heard the music, but I bought them only because it was Richie Sambora of Bon Jovi - I doubt I'd have paid any attention otherwise.

I was talking about his legacy with Bon Jovi, which, if this song of Richie's has been released purely as some sort of odd, bizarre response to the current situation, then he's neither quitting or fixing things....just making what's already a mess even messier.

CKatz 08-03-2013 04:23 AM

He is distancing himself from Bon Jovi, at least on Twitter. I think he is done with the band and moving on. And the band/Jon have also been distancing themselves from Richie. They're done. I don't think they'll renconcile. I don't know if Matt was just playing dumb but when he tweeted "Don't ask about Rich. I got nothing", that didn't make it seem like Richie was coming back in September.

Kiwi78 08-03-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149347)
He is distancing himself from Bon Jovi, at least on Twitter. I think he is done with the band and moving on. And the band/Jon have also been distancing themselves from Richie. They're done. I don't think they'll renconcile. I don't know if Matt was just playing dumb but when he tweeted "Don't ask about Rich. I got nothing", that didn't make it seem like Richie was coming back in September.

And going on that theory, maybe the reason that they can't say that just yet is that it's not legally sorted... surely there would be some stuff/agreement to sort out around Bon Jovi still singing some of the songs he co-wrote and on-going sales (royalties etc) so perhaps that's what's taking the time before they actually announce it.

Crushgen24/88 08-03-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149347)

I agree, which is why I'm surprised some of the new Merch has Richie's face on it. I really hope this doesn't become a Bun E. Carlos/Cheap Trick situation.

Crushgen24/88 08-03-2013 07:26 AM

Richie asking people to send him the Demarco audition skit that him and Jon did on SNL years ago is either brilliant trolling or complete tonedeafness. Either way, it's reality show levels of hilarious insanity.
If anyone doesn't remember what clip that is
http://www.hulu.com/watch/3520

Let's all have fun reading into this, especially the part about Jon not giving second chances.

Mysterytrain 08-03-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1149357)
I agree, which is why I'm surprised some of the new Merch has Richie's face on it. I really hope this doesn't become a Bun E. Carlos/Cheap Trick situation.

I had to look up the situation with Cheap Trick and Bun E. Carlos and--wow. Eerily similar situation, it seems:

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_237247...mmer-dues-band

Crushgen24/88 08-03-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1149360)
I had to look up the situation with Cheap Trick and Bun E. Carlos and--wow. Eerily similar situation, it seems:

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_237247...mmer-dues-band

I wasn't even aware of the recent lawsuit. I just knew that he hadn't played with them since 2010, yet all refer to him as a member of the band and he's still on the website/merchandise/etc.

jessycardy 08-03-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiggy (Post 1149363)
me too... her mom laurie also.. shes everywhere talkin to richie fans... taken over by the Lund family.. geez why dont they only concentrate on the fashion. :rolleyes:

***DISCLAIMER: Provocation alert. Provocation as in I don't actually mean this shit. Got it?***

You've gotta be kiddin' me... http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/im...s/icon_eek.gif I've seen pictures of her mom around lately, but I had no idea she was all over Richie as well. Wow. Just wow... Why doesn't that woman just marry him and divorce his ass in two years? Jeez! It would save a lot of time and energy all around and the music wouldn't suffer too much from it...

Stranger11 08-03-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi78 (Post 1149356)
And going on that theory, maybe the reason that they can't say that just yet is that it's not legally sorted... surely there would be some stuff/agreement to sort out around Bon Jovi still singing some of the songs he co-wrote and on-going sales (royalties etc) so perhaps that's what's taking the time before they actually announce it.

But some things changed. I donīt know if it has anything to do with legal settlements but Richie suddenly is in heavy self-promotion where between April -June there was none.

At the time one of the many theories on this board was that the lack of carrying for his contest, music, etc. was because of legal reasons. Now he is doing all those things and I wonder what changed that.

jessycardy 08-03-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1149358)
Richie asking people to send him the Demarco audition skit that him and Jon did on SNL years ago is either brilliant trolling or complete tonedeafness. Either way, it's reality show levels of hilarious insanity.
If anyone doesn't remember what clip that is
http://www.hulu.com/watch/3520

Let's all have fun reading into this, especially the part about Jon not giving second chances.

It is crazy-ass weird stuff that he would randomly ask for that.

CKatz 08-03-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger11 (Post 1149366)
But some things changed. I donīt know if it has anything to do with legal settlements but Richie suddenly is in heavy self-promotion where between April -June there was none.

At the time one of the many theories on this board was that the lack of carrying for his contest, music, etc. was because of legal reasons. Now he is doing all those things and I wonder what changed that.

Maybe he wasn't legally allowed to do it while the tour was going on. He didn't start tweeting his solo stuff until after the last show in New Jersey when the band went on a tour break.

Stranger11 08-03-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149368)
Maybe he wasn't legally allowed to do it while the tour was going on. He didn't start tweeting his solo stuff until after the last show in New Jersey when the band went on a tour break.

The tour is still going on and as you said they just have a break. In my head that would suggest that he indeed would come back for the rest of the tour when he suddenly is "allowed" to do all his solo projects.
Unless itīs a way to hush him up to not say anything before they announce the split after the tour is over.

Sissy3 08-03-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1149367)
It is crazy-ass weird stuff that he would randomly ask for that.

That does seem like an odd thing to ask for. Wonder how long his walk down memory lane will last?

Mysterytrain 08-03-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1149375)
That does seem like an odd thing to ask for. Wonder how long his walk down memory lane will last?

If there are no passive-aggressive jabs or ulterior motives in what he chooses to Tweet or re-Tweet -- (humor me for a minute)--then you could look at it purely as a 'lovefest' of sorts between Richie and his fans. It /did/ start off only because Richie saw that 'Sambora Saturday' hashtag floating around and commented on it, and fans began to Tweet him stuff every day.

But since he didn't Tweet (as far as I know) /any/ Jovi stuff, it does make you wonder...

And for what it's worth, my friend who says she's in the know claims that we're reading far too deeply into Richie Tweeting about the SNL video. She said it was just a coincidence and nothing more.

Feel free to either believe that or take it with a giant grain of salt Lol. I truly have no idea what to think anymore; I'm just watching it play out.

CKatz 08-03-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1149380)
If there are no passive-aggressive jabs or ulterior motives in what he chooses to Tweet or re-Tweet -- (humor me for a minute)--then you could look at it purely as a 'lovefest' of sorts between Richie and his fans. It /did/ start off only because Richie saw that 'Sambora Saturday' hashtag floating around and commented on it, and fans began to Tweet him stuff every day.

But since he didn't Tweet (as far as I know) /any/ Jovi stuff, it does make you wonder...

And for what it's worth, my friend who says she's in the know claims that we're reading far too deeply into Richie Tweeting about the SNL video. She said it was just a coincidence and nothing more.

Feel free to either believe that or take it with a giant grain of salt Lol. I truly have no idea what to think anymore; I'm just watching it play out.

Does your friend, who is allegedly in the know, think it's still possible that Richie will return?

jessycardy 08-03-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1149380)

Yes, he's never tweeted any Bon Jovi stuff since April 2. He only commented on someone else's tweet to him (YouTube of "Mr. Sambo") praising Tico and Hugh, recently retweeted "Never Say Goodbye" sung by himself (the person said it was "better than the original") and now this.

The odd thing about this is that 1) it's not a song, 2) it's not a retweet, but he actually ASKED for it, 3) apparently he couldn't remember any of the stuff he's been retweeting, but he "remembers" an SNL skit, and 4) it has Jon in it (and no, by any means I'm not fueling the feud thing, I'm just saying he's never addressed Jon on Twitter at least since Sambogate officially started, not even indirectly, so this is another "first").
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not reading anything into it. There's really not much to read (the "second chance" thing would be really stretching it, in my opinion), but yeah, those things I've mentioned just make the whole thing a little weird, that's all. Just one more weird thing to add to the evergrowing list. LOL

JoviJovi 08-03-2013 09:52 PM

The only things I saw him retweet about anything band related were videos of him singing Bad Medicine an Never Say Goodbye, both of which the original poster noted how his version was better than the band version.

Sissy3 08-03-2013 09:52 PM

Richie's tweets almost need a thread of their own. Just think of the dissecting we could do! ;)

Mysterytrain 08-03-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149381)
Does your friend, who is allegedly in the know, think it's still possible that Richie will return?

She hasn't told me anything directly, or even alluded to her personal view on that. She's only said that she doesn't know what's in Jon's head and that a big part of whether or not Richie returns has something to do with Jon doing/saying something he has yet to do/say.

Lisa71 08-03-2013 11:03 PM

Sorry if this has been posted but a new story on by Sean Borg about the fashion line.

http://www.british-weekly.com/?p=12816

golittleperson 08-04-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1149392)
Sorry if this has been posted but a new story on by Sean Borg about the fashion line.

http://www.british-weekly.com/?p=12816

Think you are first on here with it, but he's spreading it around. "...Nikki Lund is poised to becaome a rock fashion star in her own right." :rolleyes:
Some one needs to come up with a gagging emoji.

As much as I adore Richie, I'm done with his tabloid press people. Too cheesy and he is better than that. Not reading anymore of it. Music or nothing. At first I didn't mind fashion but since the fashion press and partners from Nikki, Borg and her brother/family have taken over the music side too - so done, stick a fork in me.

jovigirloz 08-04-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1149398)
As much as I adore Richie, I'm done with his tabloid press people. Too cheesy and he is better than that. Not reading anymore of it. Music or nothing. At first I didn't mind fashion but since the fashion press and partners from Nikki, Borg and her brother/family have taken over the music side too - so done, stick a fork in me.

I completely understand and agree with you on that. First Jon and his brothers/family involved in the band and now Nikki and her brother/family involved. I see a pattern here.

jovigirloz 08-04-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1149385)
Richie's tweets almost need a thread of their own. Just think of the dissecting we could do! ;)

:) or a new course/subject to study at university. ;)

Becky 08-04-2013 01:20 AM

If his tweets and retweets are any indication, Richie is the most self-obsessed celebrity in the world at this point. None of the other celebs I follow post so much shameless self-promotion or pat themselves on the back as much as he does.

JoviJovi 08-04-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1149399)
I completely understand and agree with you on that. First Jon and his brothers/family involved in the band and now Nikki and her brother/family involved. I see a pattern here.

It's not the same at all. Nikki has no relation or history with Richie or the band yet is injecting herself in the middle of everything and her family is along for the ride. Jons family being involved doesn't compare at all.

messymoose 08-04-2013 02:16 AM

I have followed this thread since the beginning and never commented. Today for some reason I am just feeling done with the whole thing.
Here is a tweet from Richie today:

Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora 1h
I appriciate all your texts.,,,and your support ..

All I want to say is Richie, please, for the love of god, please enable "auto-correct" on your phone.

efiste2 08-04-2013 03:21 AM

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater

I havent seen this video before but even though its old, it sums up the situation nicely for me, Nikki (Fu##in) Lund has her claws so deep into Richie she controls everything he does and says. They both look stoned too
SHE is talking about the MOST SUCCESSFUL tour on the planet, Richie is only allowed to butt in every now and then.
She is a bloody clothes designer. And as you all have been posting SHE and her press agent bloke are pulling all the strings and putting words into Richies mouth.....I would imagine what Richie cant see past the bedroom action that Miss Lund is probably giving him.....
He needs to bin her before she ruins him, not just as a Bon Jovi member but as an idividual artist...