Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

ezearis 05-27-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1177121)
Yeah. It flows much better. The stupid na-na-na's ruin the original version and abrupt the flow of the song. Plus the guitars are higher in the mix for the 2001 version.

I'm with you on this one, the One Wild Night version is way better, but I like more the polished Love Is War than the original demo.

Rdkopper 05-27-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1177121)
Yeah. It flows much better. The stupid na-na-na's ruin the original version and abrupt the flow of the song. Plus the guitars are higher in the mix for the 2001 version.

But for Love Is War, the demo is a lot better than the finished. The B-side version is just too polished and the pre-chorus melody is bad. Also not crazy about the lyric changes.

Ice

OWN
No Way! The album version is much better than the overproduced remix.

LIW
Don't like the "surrender my heart" lyric. Never did. I like "when the battle is done"

Besides that, I never compared the 2 but I will now

Lucas_Roli 05-27-2014 03:55 PM

I don't like either version of OWN,I think the song is bad,the only part I like is the ''nanana'' and then Jon's scream.But I prefer OWN over BWC or WAN all the way!

On Love is War,I always preffered the demo lyric with ''I surender my heart'',although I listen to the b-side version which has ''When the battle is done'' when I sing along I switch that part with the one from the demo,i just think it sounds better.

Stut 05-27-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1176982)
Bounce
Disc 1 Full Album + Another Reason To Believe, No Regrets, Postcards From The Wasteland.
Disc 2 Demos: Alive, Standing, We Can Dance, Lucky, Breathe, Mona Lisa, I Watched Her Walk Away, Rumble in the House, Crying, Everyday (Demo). Live Tracks from Bounce Tour 2003; Undivided, Hook Me Up, Heroes, Keep The Faith (Jungle Scream), Ill Be There For You (RS on Vocals).
DVD: Full Concert from Bounce Tour 2003 (Anaheim, CA) + Bounce the videos.

Wasn't It Only Takes One to Say Goodbye from Bounce era? Written by Jon & Richie. Recorded by Swedish band Poets. And if I remember right, Obie promised band version would be available on American XS, obviously never happened. I could be wrong though. After all, it was 10+ years ago.

rolo_tomachi 05-27-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stut (Post 1177129)
Wasn't It Only Takes One to Say Goodbye from Bounce era? Written by Jon & Richie. Recorded by Swedish band Poets. And if I remember right, Obie promised band version would be available on American XS, obviously never happened. I could be wrong though. After all, it was 10+ years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIwVzkIHKxo

That would be fantastic. I think it very likely that they have a band version about this song.

Pstmatt 05-27-2014 07:53 PM

This is just getting waaay off topic now, but...did you ever notice that OWN 2001 has two slightly different versions? The version included on the "Tokyo Road" japanese hits complilation has more horns during the intro than the US version from the OWN live album. If I remember correctly "Tokyo Road" was released months before the live album. It's almost like they went back and did some editing.

Alphavictim 05-27-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Didn't know about that one, thanks!

But oh boy does the singer have an accent.

Lucas_Roli 05-27-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Had no ideea that this song existed.Good lyrics and the chorus sounds great, although the singer has a strong accent and sounds like a chipmunk.His voice and this song kinda makes me think of an intro to an anime :)) with some fighting and love scenes,really don't know why :D.
Would love to hear a version with Jon's signature voice and with Richie's amazing backing vocals. I really don't understand why they give cools songs away,if they don't want them on the current album they should keep it and maybe release it as a b-side or a hidden track,or maybe keep it for later albums. Considering how bad WAN was, this song would've been the greatest track on the album if they'd put it on it.

bonjovi90 05-27-2014 11:16 PM

Just noticed that, when looking at the demo sessions for NJ, 4 out of the later released 5 singles (bar Living In Sin) weren't anywhere to be heard yet.
I once read that Jon was getting really pissed during the writing process of the first batch of songs - it is said that he walked around this house screaming "I gotta pay for this place, we gotta write some ****in' hot songs."

Could it be that really all of the singles that catapulted the album to the top of charts were some sort of last-minute add-ons? We all know that LYHOM was written while the band was already in Vancouver, but also Bad Medicine, IBTFY and Born To Be My Baby?

Rdkopper 05-28-2014 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1177139)
Just noticed that, when looking at the demo sessions for NJ, 4 out of the later released 5 singles (bar Living In Sin) weren't anywhere to be heard yet.
I once read that Jon was getting really pissed during the writing process of the first batch of songs - it is said that he walked around this house screaming "I gotta pay for this place, we gotta write some ****in' hot songs."

Could it be that really all of the singles that catapulted the album to the top of charts were some sort of last-minute add-ons? We all know that LYHOM was already written while the band was in Vancouver, but also Bad Medicine, IBTFY and Born To Be My Baby?

Great Story! Sounds like Johnny need some outside help with the strength of the original songs.