Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Panda 04-08-2013 07:20 AM

I tried to read through this whole thread. Just.. couldn't.

Bill23 04-08-2013 07:38 AM

JBJ tonight in St. Paul did/said 2 things that caught my attention- WGIGO he did the "Richie and Jon" line and another time he said "thanks for your patience with this band".

Captain_jovi 04-08-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1120754)
JBJ tonight in St. Paul did/said 2 things that caught my attention- WGIGO he did the "Richie and Jon" line and another time he said "thanks for your patience with this band".

Has he been skipping Richie's name from it prior? I noticed he STILL doesn't say Rich. If he drops Richie you're just down to Big and Jon.

Bill23 04-08-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1120756)
Has he been skipping Richie's name from it prior? I noticed he STILL doesn't say Rich. If he drops Richie you're just down to Big and Jon.

Considering all the rumors of a rift etc....I just found it notable he sang that line rather than skipping or ad libbing it.

ezearis 04-08-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1120750)
I tried to read through this whole thread. Just.. couldn't.

I did it. Totally worth it.

Bill23 04-08-2013 07:55 AM

http://www.startribune.com/entertain...201875511.html

Tough Talk 04-08-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1120762)

Wow!! Like reading a post on JoviTalk.

Let's just say that I'm happy I'm no longer the fan I was back in 1990, when we went through all this for the first time, concerning a possible rift between Jon and Richie etc. The rumours flying around then broke my heart pretty much exactly 23 years ago. Now, I'm able to enjoy this already legendary thread and follow the story like the soap opera it is turning into.

Can't wait for the next episode, lol. I'll always have the 80s, thank god.

MrNickel 04-08-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1120762)

This tour really could be the last one for a long time if it continues to stink up like this for much longer.

ezearis 04-08-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1120779)
This tour really could be the last one for a long time if it continues to stink up like this for much longer.

The thing is, this tour shouldn't have existed. They should have took a break and come back in mid 2014 with new album and tour.

Beaky 04-08-2013 11:21 AM

Okay, look... Richie's at my place.

He says he's been reading Jovitalk for about 7 years now and he believes his future career rests in the hands of one man, while another JT poster is clearly perfectly placed to handle his spiritual guidance and everything away from the stage.

He wants to see Seb and Kopper, in that order and they both have to bring waffles and Red Bull or they won't get through the door.

danfan 04-08-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra (Post 1120731)
dont mean to be a drama queen or anything, but my gut feeling tells me this time RIchie's gone for good. and this is not based on any of the reports. hope I'm wrong though

I don't think it's being a drama queen. I agree. I have a feeling Richie won't be back. I have a feeling this is it for the band as we know it. No more new band records. I'm sure Jon will sputter out a couple solo albums, but no one will really care, and there certainly won't be any monster tours. In about 5 or 6 years, Jon will realize what an ass he is and that he needs the band, then they'll get together for a reunion tour, which will consist of pretty much the same set list we're getting now.

Roll 04-08-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1120805)
I don't think it's being a drama queen. I agree. I have a feeling Richie won't be back. I have a feeling this is it for the band as we know it. No more new band records. I'm sure Jon will sputter out a couple solo albums, but no one will really care, and there certainly won't be any monster tours. In about 5 or 6 years, Jon will realize what an ass he is and that he needs the band, then they'll get together for a reunion tour, which will consist of pretty much the same set list we're getting now.

If Richie should leave the band in the middle of this tour over money or personal issues with Jon, he might as well go **** himself, I' won't buy any of his records or attend any of his shows. Those guys know each other well enough to know what it's gonna be like to tour. Fans buy tickets to see the whole show and Richie is part of it. Leaving now is like screwing all those fans who pay high-priced tickets and, in my case, flight tickets + hotel nights. That would be highly unprofessional and would show utter disrespect...

RonJovi 04-08-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1120808)
If Richie should leave the band in the middle of this tour over money or personal issues with Jon, he might as well go **** himself, I' won't buy any of his records or attend any of his shows. Those guys know each other well enough to know what it's gonna be like to tour. Fans buy tickets to see the whole show and Richie is part of it. Leaving now is like screwing all those fans who pay high-priced tickets and, in my case, flight tickets + hotel nights. That would be highly unprofessional and would show utter disrespect...

Agreed. If Richie f**ked off for something like that, I'd think a lot less of him. Jon would have had to do something pretty awful to justify it. However, if Jon did do something that bad, I'd expect Tico and Dave to walk too which they haven't done.

To me, unless this is genuinely a personal issue (which I believe it is), Richie should be booted out of the band for good.

piab70 04-08-2013 02:22 PM

I think he is doing inpatient rehab...why else could he not play the los ang. Show?

DevilsSon 04-08-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1120809)
To me, unless this is genuinely a personal issue (which I believe it is), Richie should be booted out of the band for good.

I keep on reading these kind of statements but how can that work without being the end of it? It's not like firing Alec - it's firing the man who wrote Wanted Dead or Alive, the man who wrote I'll Be There For You, These Days...you know, 90% of Bon Jovi's awesome songs are written or co-written by Richie. How could Jon sing those songs? How could I watch them live, knowing that they fired the man who wrote those songs, AFTER 30 YEARS!!!, because he has some personal issues that he can't get a grip on. I know it's just speculation, but to me, firing Richie would be the absolute end of Bon Jovi and I would even have a hard time listening to the classics any longer. To me, this band was not just about the music. It had a lot to do with their loyalty and friendship, their underdog attitude, the fact that they were role-models for an entire generation. Yes. The music started to suck, but everything else I still sympathised with. There is no way I could overlook all these things if Richie was to be fired.

Having said that, this will NEVER happen. Lots of bands have feuds and arguments and so on. But they get over it and get their shit together. Unless Jon has been spending too much time with Axl Rose recently (which he might have, who knows!), I can't possibly see how he'd ever sack Richie.

RonJovi 04-08-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1120817)
I keep on reading these kind of statements but how can that work without being the end of it? It's not like firing Alec - it's firing the man who wrote Wanted Dead or Alive, the man who wrote I'll Be There For You, These Days...you know, 90% of Bon Jovi's awesome songs are written or co-written by Richie. How could Jon sing those songs? How could I watch them live, knowing that they fired the man who wrote those songs, AFTER 30 YEARS!!!, because he has some personal issues that he can't get a grip on . I know it's just speculation, but to me, firing Richie would be the absolute end of Bon Jovi and I would even have a hard time listening to the classics any longer. To me, this band was not just about the music. It had a lot to do with their loyalty and friendship, their underdog attitude, the fact that they were role-models for an entire generation. Yes. The music started to suck, but everything else I still sympathised with. There is no way I could overlook all these things if Richie was to be fired.

Having said that, this will NEVER happen. Lots of bands have feuds and arguments and so on. But they get over it and get their shit together. Unless Jon has been spending too much time with Axl Rose recently (which he might have, who knows!), I can't possibly see how he'd ever sack Richie.

I did say "unless it was a personal issue" they should fire him.

I know what you're saying but he has no place in the band, IMO, if he'll just walk out because he has had a blow out with Jon. That's unprofessional and he's leaving thousands of people down.

However, I don't think that's what's happened. I believe something genuine has come up and he's had to go take care of it. It is odd that Jon hasn't spoken to him but I just can't see these guys falling out over money. They've been together 30 years. They've seen the best and worst of each other and they are (or should be) a lot more mature now.

DevilsSon 04-08-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1120818)
I know what you're saying but he has no place in the band, IMO, if he'll just walk out because he has had a blow out with Jon. That's unprofessional and he's leaving thousands of people down.

Richie never let anyone down. He never skipped a show - not even in the 80s when he was probably as high as a Boeing engine at maximum rotation. He still showed up every damn time. Even 2 years ago, he went into rehab ffs. WHATEVER it is that he has done now, and I mean ANYTHING. Any reason he might have - there's nothing serious enough to fire him.

And either way - of course it will be personal issues. Whether he is angry, or drunk, or high, depressed, on medication, bored...whatever. All is personal, and none justify firing him. I can't believe we are even discussing this. Honestly, Jon & Richie are like Keith & Mick - more of a dynamic rock duo than most other acts there have ever been in history. Despite overall public perception, Richie can't be fired, just like Keith can't be fired. And because he can't be fired, he won't be fired.

NicoRourke 04-08-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1120817)
Unless Jon has been spending too much time with Axl Rose recently

Well they did had drinks once, with Sebastian Bach, not so long ago

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/n...friends-again/

RonJovi 04-08-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1120820)
Richie never let anyone down. He never skipped a show - not even in the 80s when he was probably as high as a Boeing engine at maximum rotation. He still showed up every damn time. Even 2 years ago, he went into rehab ffs. WHATEVER it is that he has done now, and I mean ANYTHING. Any reason he might have - there's nothing serious enough to fire him.

And either way - of course it will be personal issues. Whether he is angry, or drunk, or high, depressed, on medication, bored...whatever. All is personal, and none justify firing him. I can't believe we are even discussing this. Honestly, Jon & Richie are like Keith & Mick - more of a dynamic rock duo than most other acts there have ever been in history. Despite overall public perception, Richie can't be fired, just like Keith can't be fired. And because he can't be fired, he won't be fired.

Fair enough. That's your opinion, I disagree.

ticos_stick 04-08-2013 03:08 PM

Did someone mention Axl Rose?

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls...7swqo1_500.jpg

Bill23 04-08-2013 04:04 PM

Anyone else find it odd that we haven't seen a follow up on Richie from the paparazzi or even Rollingstone etc...? No pictures of him out & about in LA or anything. Has he been tweeting? I'm suprised noon ehas chased him down.

LeaJovi 04-08-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1120808)
If Richie should leave the band in the middle of this tour over money or personal issues with Jon, he might as well go **** himself, I' won't buy any of his records or attend any of his shows.

Well it's kinda hard to leave the band while it's not touring since IT'S TOURING NON STOP.
Poor Richie, let him fulfill his desire to be a movie star, like Jon did.

danfan 04-08-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1120837)
Anyone else find it odd that we haven't seen a follow up on Richie from the paparazzi or even Rollingstone etc...? No pictures of him out & about in LA or anything. Has he been tweeting? I'm suprised noon ehas chased him down.

Nobody cares besides people on the board.

Hell, I don't even know if I care anymore.

DevilsSon 04-08-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1120840)
Nobody cares besides people on the board.

Hell, I don't even know if I care anymore.

Lots of people care. A friend of mine who is not a Bon Jovi fan or anything called me to ask what the hell is going on. We hadn't spoken in weeks!

I read about it in every national media that I read regularly (English, German, Romanian) ...even today I saw a clip about it on the portal of my personal email provider
http://www.gmx.net/themen/unterhaltu...rogen-bon-jovi

I don't know - it's quite hyped up, at least here...

Lyn Wo 04-08-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tough Talk (Post 1120773)
Wow!! Like reading a post on JoviTalk.

Let's just say that I'm happy I'm no longer the fan I was back in 1990, when we went through all this for the first time, concerning a possible rift between Jon and Richie etc. The rumours flying around then broke my heart pretty much exactly 23 years ago. Now, I'm able to enjoy this already legendary thread and follow the story like the soap opera it is turning into.

Can't wait for the next episode, lol. I'll always have the 80s, thank god.

Tough Talk - thanks for putting into words what I've been feeling since this story broke. I am so glad to have grown up in NJ and been surrounded by Bon Jovi during their heyday, with all the big hair memories and embarrassing photos that go along with it.
To everyone that's been posting here - thanks for continuing with this enjoyable read!

Spidey5150 04-08-2013 05:25 PM

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/richi...tour-drinking/

More from the rumor mill...

schlochty 04-08-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey5150 (Post 1120851)

The exact same contents were reported by a very popular German website today. This is getting out of hand.

CKatz 04-08-2013 05:42 PM

The only people I'm pissed off with are Bon Jovi's PR people. They are to blame for this confusion. At this point, I think they are either incompetent or nonexistant.. How hard is it to make an official statement that would put an end to those ridiculous rumours and speculations!? They don't have to go into detail about things, but at least tell the truth!

steel_horse75 04-08-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

So Dorethea says no drinking? Hmmmmm.

Bill23 04-08-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1120854)
So Dorethea says no drinking? Hmmmmm.

Typical wife. "Do you really need another drink?" LOL. "Maybe you should take a few weeks off (from bottle)".

ticos_stick 04-08-2013 05:47 PM

These reports are just made up. When you read "a source said" you know it's just the editor making stuff up.

E.g “He told me that he didn’t believe in rehab,” the source continued.

But Richie has been in rehab at least twice now and it worked, albeit for a while.

If Jon wanted Richie out he would just go to press and say he was out of control, telling the fans he'd be back goes completely against the theory.

CKatz 04-08-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1120856)
These reports are just made up. When you read "a source said" you know it's just the editor making stuff up.

E.g “He told me that he didn’t believe in rehab,” the source continued.

But Richie has been in rehab at least twice now and it worked, albeit for a while.

If Jon wanted Richie out he would just go to press and say he was out of control, telling the fans he'd be back goes completely against the theory.

Also, Jon wouldn't have said he was surprised by the call before the Calgary show...and he would have been prepared for the situation.

Sambo-Chris 04-08-2013 06:35 PM

Phil X deleted the Dates from his Homepage (or had to?) Now there only stands that he is with BJ inApril. Yesterday there were the Dates until April 25.

Panda 04-08-2013 06:46 PM

Regarding if no one cared...

I've had 3 people text or call me asking what's up with Richie Sambora. THREE. I didn't even know they liked Bon Jovi, let alone cared. They're probably just snooping or whatever but it's funny how many people actually do care.

RonJovi 04-08-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1120864)
Regarding if no one cared...

I've had 3 people text or call me asking what's up with Richie Sambora. THREE. I didn't even know they liked Bon Jovi, let alone cared. They're probably just snooping or whatever but it's funny how many people actually do care.

David, Tico and Hugh?

WillRunForChocolate 04-08-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1120837)

No tweets from Richie since his "all is well - see you soon" tweet.

As an aside, as much as I love Richie and want him back, this has been the most entertaining thread ever.

JoviForever 04-08-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

This is just lifted from the New York Post.
I believe Dorothea is the boss at home but has absolutely no interest in how the band is run and what goes on with the other members. Jon is very much the boss of the band and I don't think he would take advice from Dorothea.

nikos greece 04-08-2013 07:48 PM

i followed this thread from the beggining, i have to admit its been entertaining!
so many turns and topics...:grab:
apart from that i really miss richie, especially watching these youtube videos is heartbreaking for me...without richie there is no band imo....
the interview where jon said richie is ok but i havent spoken to him shows how things are in the bj camp...richie was on fire till now...sth happened back home or anything and decided its reason for him to step back from the tour, jon is obviously upset with richie and thats the reason he tries to prove to anyone richie is replacable in many ways...
this tour started really bad...bad sets, poor showmanship many unfortunate events and richie missing above all. the europe will be an indication if things will change dramatically...the sets will improve but imo they wont even reach the previous tours...jon is trying but obviously pushed things too much to make this tour and its falling apart till now...
with medium ticket demand, richie's problems etc etc i guess they may not extend the tour as much as they initially intented after australia in december, i hope things change though

CKatz 04-08-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1120876)
This is just lifted from the New York Post.
I believe Dorothea is the boss at home but has absolutely no interest in how the band is run and what goes on with the other members. Jon is very much the boss of the band and I don't think he would take advice from Dorothea.

And why would she even care? lol She never cared before. Richie is not her husband, so it's none of her business anyway. That whole rumour is b.s.

Jovimimi 04-08-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1120878)
And why would she even care? lol She never cared before. Richie is not her husband, so it's none of her business anyway. That whole rumour is b.s.

agreed this whole thing is total BS and truly laughable