Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

Jonty 07-02-2014 02:42 PM

I am a tad annoyed to see the price drop on Amazon the day it was released!!

ezearis 07-02-2014 02:50 PM

Doesn't amazon have a policy that if the price drops from the pre-sale, they give you a refund of the difference?

Never bought there but that's what I thought.

ezearis 07-02-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz0r (Post 1179624)
Does Anyone Really Fall In Love Anymore seems so incomplete without the “I know’s”, I finally get why folks were complaining. Still, I very much enjoyed my first listen this morning. 

Not only the "I knows", but Jon stops singing several times, the key changes at the end and the lack of a guitar solo. The song sounds so incomplete overall... This is what a demo is, the other seems like a finished song. They should release that version, at least as a promotional single or something.

jovifan93 07-02-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1179678)
Not only the "I knows", but Jon stops singing several times, the key changes at the end and the lack of a guitar solo. The song sounds so incomplete overall... This is what a demo is, the other seems like a finished song. They should release that version, at least as a promotional single or something.

Yeah, I was wondering the other day if there would be any singles and the other version of Does Anybody Really would be included as a b-side? That would make everybody happy (except for the original CD being "incomplete", but in the digital age, I could live with that, as I only use the CD once, if at all ;-))

Rdkopper 07-02-2014 03:34 PM

I thought these prices were a tab high to begin with.

jovifan93 07-02-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179681)
I thought these prices were a tab high to begin with.

I bought it for 27,99 EUR at amazon, now it's at 32,99 EUR. Don't find that too high for the Super Deluxe Edition, considering the Box Set was priced at some 70-90 EUR, if I recall correctly.

And yes, amazon (at least in Germany) has a policy that the refund the difference, if the price lowers until release. I even once a got a refund from them, because the price was lowered a few days later :-o

Ghostorm 07-02-2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

If they release the finished version of "Does Anybody Really Fall In Love anymore?" as a single, I'd be over the moon. But I doubt it'll happen.

Grantos1 07-02-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1179677)
Doesn't amazon have a policy that if the price drops from the pre-sale, they give you a refund of the difference?

Yes, usually you get an email to say they are refunding you the difference. Since the price didn't drop until the day of release, it may not trigger. However, they've done this before and I've e-mailed them to complain and gotten the difference refunded.

Rdkopper 07-02-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostorm (Post 1179684)
If they release the finished version of "Does Anybody Really Fall In Love anymore?" as a single, I'd be over the moon. But I doubt it'll happen.

They would have done it by now!

Bounce7800 07-02-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grantos1 (Post 1179685)
Yes, usually you get an email to say they are refunding you the difference. Since the price didn't drop until the day of release, it may not trigger. However, they've done this before and I've e-mailed them to complain and gotten the difference refunded.

The UK one did for me, I ordered it at £28.99 and they e-mailed me to say they were refunding me £4 yesterday.

Grantos1 07-02-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1179687)
The UK one did for me, I ordered it at £28.99 and they e-mailed me to say they were refunding me £4 yesterday.

Awesome, I'll hopefully get an email this week then

Raz0r 07-02-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1179680)
Yeah, I was wondering the other day if there would be any singles and the other version of Does Anybody Really would be included as a b-side? That would make everybody happy (except for the original CD being "incomplete", but in the digital age, I could live with that, as I only use the CD once, if at all ;-))

Do they still release singles with b-sides?

Raz0r 07-02-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Word. I was thinking the same thing. This is a demo, it is what it is.

And over all I enjoy the demos more than I do the studio tracks. I love how raw they are, they sound so much more rock n' roll than the studio albums.

So no complains, I'm happy with what we got, and I can't wait to see what that second project is.

steel_horse75 07-02-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1179677)

Never bought there but that's what I thought.

yep - im getting £4 refund

bjcrazycpa 07-02-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1179698)
yep - im getting £4 refund

I'm getting a $19.50 refund! SWEET!!

semigoodlookin 07-02-2014 11:08 PM

Anyone in Argentina know where to get this from?

I don't fancy waiting a year to fly back to the UK and although I have no issue downloading it from a bay of pirates I visit sometimes, I want this in physical form.

superkid 07-02-2014 11:33 PM

I bought it yesterday at Best Buy, and so far I'm really enjoying this release. I've never seen the Access All Areas documentary before, so I was especially looking forward to this part and watched it first. The music throughout was incredible, and compared to WWWB the band came across as very likeable and energetic. Highlights for me were the opening scene with the band criticizing their performance while the fans praised it, the performance with Jimmy Page at Hammersmith, and them visiting the Berlin Wall/Moscow and it's historical significance. As for the music videos, I enjoyed the video clips that they put in between the videos, which made them flow together really well. Even though we've seen the videos before, this made it feel fresh to me and I'm glad it wasn't just lazily pieced together with nothing added as I expected.

As for the tracks, it was also my first time hearing most of them as I've been avoiding all of the clips and leaks the past few weeks. I really liked the versions of Diamond Ring and Homebound Train. Stick to Your Guns and WITW are decent too, but I'm not sure they were worthy of being released since they just came across as unfinished versions not too far from what they ended up going with for the album to me. I would've rather had those two replaced with "Cadillac Man" and "Rosie", but I guess we can't have everything. As for the others, there's not really a weak song on here. On first listen "Growing Up the Hard Way" is one of my favorites, along with "House of Fire" and "Love Hurts". I'm sure more of the tracks will grow on me as time goes on. Finally, the booklet is pretty cool as well, and the description at the beginning is pretty interesting as is the excerpts on all of the songs. I never knew that one of the ways they decided what would make the album was by bringing fifty random teenagers to the studio to listen and provide feedback, and I'd be cool to hear what they'd have to say if any of them are still around.

Overall this was a great release, and one of the best things released for the "die-hards" in years. I'm looking forward to hearing what the next project is going to be.

ezearis 07-03-2014 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1179702)
Anyone in Argentina know where to get this from?

I don't fancy waiting a year to fly back to the UK and although I have no issue downloading it from a bay of pirates I visit sometimes, I want this in physical form.

It's going to be produced here, but Universal Music Argentina couldn't confirm if it's going to be the Deluxe Edition only or both. We'll have to wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz0r (Post 1179696)
Word. I was thinking the same thing. This is a demo, it is what it is.

And over all I enjoy the demos more than I do the studio tracks. I love how raw they are, they sound so much more rock n' roll than the studio albums.

So no complains, I'm happy with what we got, and I can't wait to see what that second project is.

Don't get me wrong, I like this new release of the song. It's nice to have this alternate demo to enjoy, but it's also sad that having a finished song, we aren't able to enjoy it.

Really, a promotional single on digital release would have 0 costs and could make lots of fans happy; but if they didn't released that version of the song, it's because I doubt we're seeing it in the near future.

trevrox 07-03-2014 04:56 AM

I can't stop listening to Backdoor To Heaven!! :D:D:D

Lucas_Roli 07-03-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevrox (Post 1179724)
I can't stop listening to Backdoor To Heaven!! :D:D:D

Me too! I can't get over how great this song is. Can you imagine the sex faces Richie was making when he was playing the guitar intro and outro on this song?:D
IMO this is the all time greatest song that they left of the album,even better than Edge of A Broken Heart.

trevrox 07-03-2014 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1179727)
Me too! I can't get over how great this song is. Can you imagine the sex faces Richie was making when he was playing the guitar intro and outro on this song?:D
IMO this is the all time greatest song that they left of the album,even better than Edge of A Broken Heart.

:D

I can't help but think that if they released this as a single it would have been another hit for them. And yes I agree, better than Edge of a Broken Heart!

steel_horse75 07-03-2014 05:42 PM

Love Hurts and Full Moon High are masterpieces.

Chris_Newton 07-03-2014 08:44 PM

oh my god i cant believe i have just discovered "does anybody really fall in love anymore?"

Just heard it on you tube, the good version with the "i knows " etc....anybody know if this can be bought on the net? i need to have this version...just listened to the version on super delux version (which is on its way to me..hurry up amazon) and its not a patch on the other version !!

Becky 07-03-2014 10:16 PM

Well, I got a box from Amazon today and I was quite excited. I got home, opened it, and it was flea treatments for my cats and dogs that I ordered two days ago. However, the NJ deluxe edition that I ordered weeks ago still hasn't arrived. Boo! Has anyone in the US gotten the Super Deluxe Edition from Amazon yet?

Lucas_Roli 07-03-2014 10:29 PM

I don't know if this was discused here before,but why do you guys think that In America wasn't included on the album? To me the song sounds incomplete,no guitar solo,I don't hear Jon singing at all during the first minute(although this might be because of the bad quality),I think that there is just a pre-production demo that never made it to far.
So what's your opinion?

jovifan93 07-03-2014 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1179741)
oh my god i cant believe i have just discovered "does anybody really fall in love anymore?"

Just heard it on you tube, the good version with the "i knows " etc....anybody know if this can be bought on the net? i need to have this version...just listened to the version on super delux version (which is on its way to me..hurry up amazon) and its not a patch on the other version !!

You just discovered that version for the first time or you found it in remastered quality? :confused:

bonjovi90 07-03-2014 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1179749)
You just discovered that version for the first time or you found it in remastered quality? :confused:

I think he just heard the song for the first time ;)

DryCounty 07-03-2014 11:45 PM

Love Hurts is so good I can't even find word to describe it. Wonderful.

Chris_Newton 07-03-2014 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1179750)
I think he just heard the song for the first time ;)

Yes ashamed to say I never heard the song before... Real buzz still discovering new jovi songs for me that is

24Roses 07-04-2014 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1179746)
Well, I got a box from Amazon today and I was quite excited. I got home, opened it, and it was flea treatments for my cats and dogs that I ordered two days ago. However, the NJ deluxe edition that I ordered weeks ago still hasn't arrived. Boo! Has anyone in the US gotten the Super Deluxe Edition from Amazon yet?

I ordered mine from Amazon on release day because I couldn't find it anywhere in stores. I got an e-mail saying it shipped the next day & estimated arrival is Monday, July 7.

Adam D 07-04-2014 07:32 AM

Quote:

I got mine yesterday Becky and I'm in Florida. Fingers crossed yours arrives soon.

prayer_84 07-04-2014 09:12 AM

Hi everyone! I've just received my super deluxe edition from Amazon UK. Since I am in Bulgaria, my estimated delivery date was Jul. 11, so I am glad I got it a whole week earlier. It's a nice box, indeed. Love the booklet, as well (though it could have been a hardcover lol). The second disc with the demos, however, is really hard to pull out of the tray, so be very careful when pulling it out. I'll just switch its place with the slot for the original album. I really hope that you guys here will enjoy this release and it will fare well enough to guarantee other similar releases, too.

Bounce7800 07-04-2014 11:20 AM

The only thing I would have liked added to the booklet, and this is just what I like, is all the single covers and a little bit of blurb from where each single charted in the world with each different covers. I think the Queen GH package did this and it looks really good.

Nice to have all the lyrics, especially to the demos too. Interesting to see how they kept trying to crowbar the "na na na" hook into a song somehow. For what it's worth, I think if Growing Up The Hard Way got rid of them and was a bit more melancholy (and made to be about someone else rather than "I was") it would run in a similar vein to Hey God, and so even fit on These Days much like Diamond Ring eventually found a home there (and I prefer the Sons Of Beaches demo to that one too).

Alphavictim 07-04-2014 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1179773)
Interesting to see how they kept trying to crowbar the "na na na" hook into a song somehow.

Didn't they also write Loverboy's Notorious during that period?

And... Growing Up The Hard Way's intro may sound somewhat forced, but that's nothing compared to Lucky!

Rdkopper 07-04-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1179789)
Didn't they also write Loverboy's Notorious during that period?

Yes, you could even hear Jon's backing vocal within the song as well as a fraction of his own verse.

Apparently, there is a somewhat different version that Jon initially wrote which was switched up after he gave it away.

My best guess is, a demo with Jon does exist because I doubt he entered the studio with Loverboy to record his parts. They probably pulled them from the demo. If so, the parts Jon sings on are the parts they actually kept from the original version.

Kathleen 07-05-2014 03:27 AM

Quote:

Gee Becky, I got mine a day before the release date, Monday June 30. I was delighted to have it early and I have been listening ever since.

The Northern Cowboy 07-05-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1179816)
Gee Becky, I got mine a day before the release date, Monday June 30. I was delighted to have it early and I have been listening ever since.

Lucky. I ordered mine off Amazon.ca and it hasn't even been released yet, let alone shipped. Slated for a July 8th release :(

Rdkopper 07-05-2014 07:37 PM

Its great to read all the positive fan reviews... for a change.

When I first acquired this collection of leaked songs, it was on an unofficial released CD called 'Feep The Faith and New Jersey Outtakes' The quality was even worse then what ended up on YouTube today. When you combine the unfinished masted demo with poor sound quality, it doesn't maker for a plesant listen. Still, I battled through it and listened to each one of those songs to the point of exhaustion. All I wanted for 20 years was to obtain each one of these songs in perfect condition which finally came true.

I really wanted finished mastered quality. When you compare the album tracks to their demos, it really makes you want the others in that same quality because you know they'll be that much better.

Bounce7800 07-05-2014 07:50 PM

It's like having a new album, even though we already have the songs and are familiar with them.

I didn't even realise I had stuff like In America on my PC until I was sorting through some stuff the other day, it shows how I must have just given them a cursory listen and forgot about them.

heart&dagger 07-05-2014 11:27 PM

Quote:

I ordered mine from Amazon June 30th. It arrived today. I'm in the SE USA. I hope you get your's soon.