Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

bjcrazycpa 04-30-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 1125790)
You know what, I'm not bothered in the slightest and Richie was my hero / reason why i picked up the guitar and got serious about music 20 odd years ago.

I've actually been quietly looking forward to the fact that Phil X might be playing on the tour instead of Richie.

My brother in law got us cheap hospitality tickets and tbh if it hadn't been for that, I probably wouldn't have been going to the show in the first place.

No doubt Jon will ride out the tour, have a break then shack up next to Rod and Celine in Vegas whilst Tico golfs, Dave writes musicals and Richie does whatever the hell he wants.

The band owe it to the fans to let them know what's happening although I don't see that happening.

Ha ha, I like this!! All I can say is I don't get it...I can't find a reason to just bail on fans, crew, other band members. In my mind, there's ZERO reason not to be professional, finish the tour and then duke it out behind closed tours when the tour is finished.

nrm123 04-30-2013 08:03 PM

If they turn around at the end of the tour and say Richie has left the band thats it with me and this band...not because hes left..because of the blatant lie since last month stating 'personal reasons' to get tickets selling

DaveK 04-30-2013 08:04 PM

shame really. if it is a 'quitting the band' issue then i would have hoped that Richie would have at least bowed out finishing off the tour.

it wouldn't surprise me if they say no refunds all together now. can't flog mine on ebay as they are fan club tickets.

Ruggy 04-30-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1125795)
Just hold up a second. You don't know the reason for this. You sound like a lunatic that was waiting for any opportunity to piss all over Richie. No need at all.

Well said.

crashed 04-30-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1125796)
Ha ha, I like this!! All I can say is I don't get it...I can't find a reason to just bail on fans, crew, other band members. In my mind, there's ZERO reason not to be professional, finish the tour and then duke it out behind closed tours when the tour is finished.

That's why I think it has to be some sort of health issue.

The rest of the band are being professional and honouring their commitments, and I've always believed Richie would do the same (though his solo tour showed that perhaps that view maybe wasn't right.)

Thierry 04-30-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveK (Post 1125798)
shame really. if it is a 'quitting the band' issue then i would have hoped that Richie would have at least bowed out finishing off the tour.

it wouldn't surprise me if they say no refunds all together now. can't flog mine on ebay as they are fan club tickets.

I'm pretty sure you are able to cancel them on Backstage. As far as I know Americans could do this too for the first leg of this tour.

Walkerboy 04-30-2013 08:11 PM

F**k f***k f**k f**k f**k.....

Suspected this was coming - but that's £400 of tickets that we now can't decide what to do with!

Crushgen24/88 04-30-2013 08:14 PM

First thought (selfishly) is that I'm glad I don't have any tickets lined up for the summer.
Second thought is that IF this is some kind of fight/firing then I'm disgusted at Jon, Richie, and the entire organization for not finding a way to have him finish the tour than split.

Walkerboy 04-30-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruggy (Post 1125781)
I agree. Either that or he's seriously ill. Given the choice of the two I hope he's out rather than seriously ill though.

Judging by Ava's tweets being as normal as ever, I don't see it being illness. If it is serious illness it would be all over the media by now. No way to keep that quiet.

crashed 04-30-2013 08:21 PM

On a positive note this thread will probably have 300'000 views by the time the night is over. Lol