Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

milomom 04-30-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne (Post 1125819)
Your kidding right???

Unless I missed something, in the U.S., the only ticket buyers who could get refunds were those who bought from Backstage (not from Ticketmaster), and they had to request the refund at the venue. Now wasn't that a clever way to keep any demand for refunds down? Also, I heard that they were only refunding the price of the tickets - not of any VIP packages that people had purchased, but I don't know that for a fact.

Yvonne 04-30-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 1125821)
Unless I missed something, in the U.S., the only ticket buyers who could get refunds were those who bought from Backstage (not from Ticketmaster), and they had to request the refund at the venue. Now wasn't that a clever way to keep any demand for refunds down? Also, I heard that they were only refunding the price of the tickets - not of any VIP packages that people had purchased, but I don't know that for a fact.

I shall keep an eye out for this news on Backstage, thanks for the info Terri. I'll happily go to London for the day and get my refund :)

bjcrazycpa 04-30-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1125818)
I haven't been able to keep up with the news (or lack there of) - Any word on refunds for US dates?

For the moved NMS date, yes, Ticketmaster is offering refunds. But, they haven't said that Richie won't be around for the US stadium dates, at least, not yet.

JoviJovi 04-30-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 1125821)

This is all correct

efiste2 04-30-2013 08:46 PM

Well after that news I think we all deserve some sort of explanation WTF is going on, If he has left, then announce it and we can all come to terms with it........although I will be going to Manchester, I feel very let down by the whole situation, It was always a part of what endeared me to the band for the last 28 years that they played it fair to the fans. If he has walked then im my eyes Richie has let us all down by starting the bloody tour then quitting.......Im gutted and I dont know about you guys, but I find it hard even to listen to Sambora or Bon jovi tunes at the moment.
I bet Jon is furious at this situation but why he cant announce what is going on to the fans, the very people that finance his/their empire, is nothing short of deplorable!!!!!

Lunk 04-30-2013 08:46 PM

Now Jon's brother says on twitter:

"Richie is still in band. It's not money it's not ego it's truly personal for him. He will be back in time. Support with love"

badmoon 04-30-2013 08:47 PM

''@MatthewBongiovi: Richie is still in band. It's not money it's not ego it's truly personal for him. He will be back in time. Support with love''

I swear I really don't know if I should believe this man. He's probably just doing damage control.

If it's personal then why the hell can't Richie himself say ''I am still in the band''?

Supersonic 04-30-2013 08:47 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunk (Post 1125826)

"Richie is still in band. It's not money it's not ego it's truly personal for him. He will be back in time. Support with cash"

How the **** can he be back in time when he's missing out on 3 legs of the tour? I doubt Matt confirming it's a money issue as well. I fixed the tweet.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

danfan 04-30-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunk (Post 1125826)

"Richie is still in band. It's not money it's not ego it's truly personal for him. He will be back in time. Support with love"

Oh bullshit.

It's all about the money. Matt's money that he gets by being Jon's lap dog. If the tour is cancelled, he makes no money. He's just covering his own ass.

If Richie is TRULY in the band still, then it's time to man up, stop with this unprofessional bullshit, and tell the fans what the hell is going on.

idbl_fanatic 04-30-2013 08:48 PM

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 3m

Richie is still in band. It's not money it's not ego it's truly personal for him. He will be back in time. Support with love