Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

RonJovi 04-30-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1125841)
The band has ticket sales on remaining dates to gain... which is A LOT of money... They want Sambora fans to have hope.

But you are right... it is Richie's place to tell why. And he should... soon!

How much money are they protecting though? How much would it cost if they came out and said he left. A lot of people would still go as long as Jon is there.

Ticket sales haven't been great in Europe. If this is what their game is, why not hold off until they shift a few more?

And what's the long term cost? If Jon is proven a liar here, he will lose a lot of fans and a lot of respect. His career will suffer for it.

Jon is a smart businessman and a proud man. He will have a longer term view than the next US leg of the tour.

danfan 04-30-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJB12 (Post 1125846)
I bet that Mohegan show gets cancelled. No way they're going to do another US leg in the fall now, yet alone just a one-off show.

Neh. Jon's an arrogant ass who feels as though he's the band. If he didn't, this tour would be cancelled already.

danfan 04-30-2013 09:14 PM

The US Stadium shows had slow ticket sales as it was. I would bet money that those shows will be moved to sheds or arenas now.

rolo_tomachi 04-30-2013 09:14 PM

Richie must have some disease. Hope it's not cancer. It would be the only reason for not giving explanations however.

Richie is my idol. I hope this good.

crashed 04-30-2013 09:17 PM

[QUOTE=danfan;1125849]Neh. Jon's an arrogant ass who feels as though he's the band. If he didn't, this tour would be cancelled already.[/]

Once again, why? Hundreds of people have to be out of work because Richie doesn't show up? Richie isn't the band either.

Chris_Newton 04-30-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1125853)
Richie must have some disease. Hope it's not cancer. It would be the only reason for not giving explanations however.

If he has, his daughter is hiding it very well

Living_on_my_Hair 04-30-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1125853)

Oh ffs, not you again.

Andi

SadieLady 04-30-2013 09:19 PM

I do sympathise with those of you in SA and Europe who are crushed with the news. I recall how I felt spending money on flights, hotel and ticket to get to my first live Jovi show and being told that Richie wouldn't be there. But I must say I (and other Americans) could have used your sympathy last month rather than all your comment about "Richie will be back in Europe, they wouldn't dare tour Europe without Richie, they would have to cancel the tour," etc. The shows go on and now you know that Bon Jovi treats its European fans just as well as it treats its American fans. Maybe you are not so special after all although to can take some comfort in their twitter message about being off to 'WONDERFUL Europe."

Captmorgs 04-30-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1125851)
The US Stadium shows had slow ticket sales as it was. I would bet money that those shows will be moved to sheds or arenas now.

Doubt it. Say they've sold 30,000 tickets to Soldier Field, then they're going to move it to the 18,000 capacity United Center?

Concert Queen 04-30-2013 09:21 PM

Matthew Bongiovi‏@MatthewBongiovi34m
Richie is still in band. It's not money it's not ego it's truly personal for him. He will be back in time. Support with love