Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Jonty 08-11-2013 11:26 PM

so still no news then?!

MJB12 08-12-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1150030)
For once, his tweet made perfect sense to me. What spelling errors?

I agree, I did not see any spelling errors in that particular tweet. "Accept that" was the correct usage. He could have used some punctuation, but the spelling was fine.

Captain_jovi 08-12-2013 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJB12 (Post 1150076)
I agree, I did not see any spelling errors in that particular tweet. "Accept that" was the correct usage. He could have used some punctuation, but the spelling was fine.

I read it as "i can't say anything except that thank you". If that's what he was trying to say then it's the wrong usage. I don't think he would say "accept that I'm not going to tell you anything".

Becky 08-12-2013 02:14 AM

Without any punctuation, it read like it should say "except that." If he had used some punctuation the meaning might have been to "accept" that he couldn't say anything else. So he either doesn't know the difference between accept and except or he doesn't know how to punctuate sentences.

ac·cept: to take or receive (something offered)

ex·cept: with the exclusion of; excluding;

Sissy3 08-12-2013 02:38 AM

I took it that way also, that he meant except but used the wrong spelling.

joloriquelme 08-12-2013 02:55 AM

https://twitter.com/TheRealSambora/s...70913673641984

RS is in Cali, third most populated city in...
Colombia.

So, techinically, Sambora IS in South America, next BWC leg.

Cheers. xD

TwinFan 08-12-2013 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joloriquelme (Post 1150082)

Colombia.

Cheers. xD

http://delapruch.files.wordpress.com...-at-straws.jpg

jovigirloz 08-12-2013 07:32 AM

I read it as 'accept' and that he meant things are just the way they are and we have to accept it. He just forgot the punctuation.

Captain_jovi 08-12-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1150094)
I read it as 'accept' and that he meant things are just the way they are and we have to accept it. He just forgot the punctuation.

It really can be taken either way and we'll never know which he intended to use. It's a silly thing to argue about but the man has a tough time spelling correctly I've noticed.

TwinFan 08-12-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1150096)
It really can be taken either way and we'll never know which he intended to use. It's a silly thing to argue about but the man has a tough time spelling correctly I've noticed.

Compared to the other crap that's been discussed in this thread, it's probably the most intelligent thing here.

nickolai 08-12-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1150096)

Because he's drunk.

CKatz 08-12-2013 08:18 AM

It's twitter. Spelling and grammar mistakes are typical. I can't count the times I've made a typo or was forced to ignore proper grammar because of the character limit.
I don't expect perfect English on twitter.

But it is kind of shocking how so many Americans are so bad when it comes to the spelling and grammar of their own language. English is the easiest language in the world to learn.

Btw, Richie is responding to fans again. This might be interesting for all you wanna-be psychologists:

@TheRealSambora: No matter we are all undiscovered till we get to who we are....thank god for the search....

@jovigirl_fm: @TheRealSambora Some are searching who they are for their whole life. Blessed who finds himself early enough... Be and enjoy who you are...

@TheRealSambora: Sigrid....thank u for your understanding of where I come from. I don't know myself.... Just tryin to find the road...

jovigirloz 08-12-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1150098)
Because he's drunk.

or he is sober... drunk Richie might be a great speller ;)

PatriciaSambora 08-12-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1150099)

@TheRealSambora: Sigrid....thank u for your understanding of where I come from. I don't know myself.... Just tryin to find the road...

This about Richie Sambora makes me very sad :(

Javier 08-12-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

@TheRealSambora: No matter we are all undiscovered till we get to who we are....thank god for the search....

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/32415472.jpg

ok now i'm just being an asshole! :p

Dave88 08-12-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joloriquelme (Post 1150082)

Colombia.

Cheers. xD

Cali is a short form for California. That means he's at home..

faith1985 08-12-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

It's twitter. Spelling and grammar mistakes are typical. I can't count the times I've made a typo or was forced to ignore proper grammar because of the character limit.
I don't expect perfect English on twitter.

But it is kind of shocking how so many Americans are so bad when it comes to the spelling and grammar of their own language. English is the easiest language in the world to learn.

Btw, Richie is responding to fans again. This might be interesting for all you wanna-be psychologists:

@jovigirl_fm: @TheRealSambora Some are searching who they are for their whole life. Blessed who finds himself early enough... Be and enjoy who you are...

It amazes me that he uses twitter for these kinds of expressions, I mean he is a grown man and not a teenager.

Mysterytrain 08-12-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1150114)
It amazes me that he uses twitter for these kinds of expressions, I mean he is a grown man and not a teenager.

That brings up something that struck me awhile ago: I read a quote from Richie where he said the rock and roll lifestyle keeps you young. While I think he was referring to looks with that quote --(this was around the release of 'Aftermath', where many interviewers were commenting on how good he looked) --it might be an example of staying mentally or emotionally young, too.

I can think of any number of ways you could argue that Richie might be mentally/emotionally younger than most 50-somethings (that I know, at least):

1. Ava apparently having to give him an age limit on women Richie dates;
2. Richie calling Ava his 'angel' and 'savior' (a sweet thing to say, but puts a lot of 'responsibility' on the shoulders of a teenager;
3. The whole open-shirt debate and people complaining that it doesn't look good on a 54-year-old man, as well as the debate about what Ava is 'allowed' to wear and whether that is too 'adult' for a teenager;
4. Whether or not Richie might be 'impressionable' regarding the influence of others, like Nikki or Sean Borg;
5. The occasional times where fans lash out at him on Twitter and he posts defensive-sounding gibberish, then backtracks and said he was hacked;
6. The comment he made in 'WWWB' about how his job was to keep Jon happy;
7. This latest example of not knowing who he is.

Generally speaking -- (and this only makes sense if any of these above examples hold truth in any way) -- those who define their worth by others' 'approval' of them usually, at some point, 'wake up' and realize they've been inauthentic to themselves. Problem is, they don't know "who" they really are.

Just another theory...could be wildly off base of course. :)

Captain Walrus 08-12-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1150114)

To be fair, its basically the same thing he said in Who I Am,
just condensed into 140 characters

golittleperson 08-12-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1150115)
That brings up something that struck me awhile ago: I read a quote from Richie where he said the rock and roll lifestyle keeps you young. While I think he was referring to looks with that quote --(this was around the release of 'Aftermath', where many interviewers were commenting on how good he looked) --it might be an example of staying mentally or emotionally young, too.

I can think of any number of ways you could argue that Richie might be mentally/emotionally younger than most 50-somethings (that I know, at least):

1. Ava apparently having to give him an age limit on women Richie dates;
2. Richie calling Ava his 'angel' and 'savior' (a sweet thing to say, but puts a lot of 'responsibility' on the shoulders of a teenager;
3. The whole open-shirt debate and people complaining that it doesn't look good on a 54-year-old man, as well as the debate about what Ava is 'allowed' to wear and whether that is too 'adult' for a teenager;
4. Whether or not Richie might be 'impressionable' regarding the influence of others, like Nikki or Sean Borg;
5. The occasional times where fans lash out at him on Twitter and he posts defensive-sounding gibberish, then backtracks and said he was hacked;
6. The comment he made in 'WWWB' about how his job was to keep Jon happy;
7. This latest example of not knowing who he is.

Generally speaking -- (and this only makes sense if any of these above examples hold truth in any way) -- those who define their worth by others' 'approval' of them usually, at some point, 'wake up' and realize they've been inauthentic to themselves. Problem is, they don't know "who" they really are.

Just another theory...could be wildly off base of course. :)

If we are going to play psychoanalist today, I may as well jump onto the band wagon and get slammed.
I adore Richie, but I think we all tend to "judge" for lack of a better word based upon what we know, see, hear from the media and his videos, interviews and now tweets. I think he has lived most of his life with excess upon excess but he seemed to enjoy it. Purhaps at 54 he has finally reached a point for some inner reflection. Trying to find the best him he feels he can still be (hitting the gym and he does look as fit as I've seen him in years) But, what still stands out for me is that this is a man who lived with chemicals and alcohol constantly influencing him. He has per most been clean for sometime (although I did fear a bit of a relapse with some of the behaviors) and recovery is a very difficult time. There is no cure for an addictive personality and they often sustitute something else, maybe not as harmful but still trying to constantly fill a need. They often flee from the negativity because they have not yet learned how to handle it. Facing it yet must be part of the process. It's easy to post blame and credit on others because they don't know their self. It can take years requiring solid therapy and true friends. Now, he is in IMO the most plastic place in the world where my perception is that most of the people now around him have their own agendas and not his best interest at heart. Again, as you point out too much pressure on the teen to fill voids. My children are corner stone to my life but I can not allow them to be my all. They grow up and move on, we are to be the adult for them. All celebs wear a persona, it's hard to know which may be real. I KNOW I'm off on a wild tangent but I do understand the process. My mother went through rehab 5X and eventually lost the battle to alcohol induced dementia. Every relapse was always someone/something elses fault. Or it was the "disease". Loath the day some psyc. major put that crutch in her hand. I've seen it all. He seems to be going through this self discovery, mid life crisis as you will at the same time he is still young in recovery. Precarious time. I hope whatever it is, he figures it out.:( Even more so, I hope I'm just overly assumptive as I also know from my circles that all addicts are different, but support system is mandatory no matter.

golittleperson 08-12-2013 06:37 PM

Now on to a lighter fare, last night or this am's twitterverse, depending upon your time zone. It did post this last to first, so you may want to read bottom to top - not that it really matters. Wake up Sambo, or someone wake me up and tell me it was all a dream.

Richie Sambora‏@TheRealSambora11h
Sigrid....thank u for your understanding of where I come from. I don't know myself.... Just tryin to find the road..

Sigrid‏@jovigirl_fm11h
Richie Sambora - You Never Really Know ... what a soulful bluesy voice... @TheRealSambora http://youtu.be/pcpBs_fwYQw

Retweeted by Richie Sambor

Wow, an extremely special moment for me... With Cher... What a great woman. And Arseino.... How lucky can a man be..

Nikki Taylor‏@SamborasAnswer11h
@TheRealSambora Great performance of One Light Burning and Wanted with a short interview and Cher bringing your hat!

Retweeted by Richie Sambora

No matter we are all undiscovered till we get to who we are....thank god for the search....

Thank u Diane.... A great memory...I appriciate u. We're all Undiscoverd...

♪❤♪ Diane ♪❤♪ ‏@realBlueswoman13h
OMG SaWeet man! - ♬♪*¨*❤*¨*♪♬ #SamboraSunday ❤❤❤ @TheRealSambora Live Tokyo 98 - Undiscovered Soul: http://youtu.be/QU8mPC-BNLo via @youtube

Retweeted by Richie Sambora

faith1985 08-12-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1150122)
If we are going to play psychoanalist today, I may as well jump onto the band wagon and get slammed.
I adore Richie, but I think we all tend to "judge" for lack of a better word based upon what we know, see, hear from the media and his videos, interviews and now tweets. I think he has lived most of his life with excess upon excess but he seemed to enjoy it. Purhaps at 54 he has finally reached a point for some inner reflection. Trying to find the best him he feels he can still be (hitting the gym and he does look as fit as I've seen him in years) But, what still stands out for me is that this is a man who lived with chemicals and alcohol constantly influencing him. He has per most been clean for sometime (although I did fear a bit of a relapse with some of the behaviors) and recovery is a very difficult time. There is no cure for an addictive personality and they often sustitute something else, maybe not as harmful but still trying to constantly fill a need. They often flee from the negativity because they have not yet learned how to handle it. Facing it yet must be part of the process. It's easy to post blame and credit on others because they don't know their self. It can take years requiring solid therapy and true friends. Now, he is in IMO the most plastic place in the world where my perception is that most of the people now around him have their own agendas and not his best interest at heart. Again, as you point out too much pressure on the teen to fill voids. My children are corner stone to my life but I can not allow them to be my all. They grow up and move on, we are to be the adult for them. All celebs wear a persona, it's hard to know which may be real. I KNOW I'm off on a wild tangent but I do understand the process. My mother went through rehab 5X and eventually lost the battle to alcohol induced dementia. Every relapse was always someone/something elses fault. Or it was the "disease". Loath the day some psyc. major put that crutch in her hand. I've seen it all. He seems to be going through this self discovery, mid life crisis as you will at the same time he is still young in recovery. Precarious time. I hope whatever it is, he figures it out.:( Even more so, I hope I'm just overly assumptive as I also know from my circles that all addicts are different, but support system is mandatory no matter.

Most of the people here are overanalyzing and I wish they would release decent music again instead of putting spam out via twitter. If there were good music there would be no need for gossip.

golittleperson 08-12-2013 08:14 PM

LMAO

Just goofing on you tube this am, and as could be expected several others have now made a video with Come Back As Me - tried to copy and post what I came across but for some reason can not, so"

Torneye 1wk ago

"This comment has received too many negative votes." (so it is hidden, you have to ask to see it.)

"Please take this song down you don't have authorization to use it."

Of course, people here know that Torneye is Nikkis brother - I guess now they have exclusive rights to Richies' music. Found one where Torneye was marked as spam, and several removed unknown author, which I can't help but wonder?{ EDIT: have now found several where he makes the above statement and only 1 where person told him if You Tube said, then only in a nut shell. I replied to one, ask if he had copyright? What about radio playing it without official release, some will not for that reason. Can't have it both ways and if about $, should not have used social media to break it.} I personally hope every videographer makes their own version now - and you can actually see the negative comments on others. No censorship. How can we grow if we don't get it all. I personally like the song but Hate the way it came via Lund.

Sissy3 08-12-2013 10:27 PM

Speaking of lighter fare, and seeing Cher's name, once long ago in an interview, someone asked Jon if Richie ever talked about Cher (personal stuff.) Jon said (paraphrasing here) "We would ask but he wouldn't tell us anything!" and laughed. Of course with Jon it could be truth or a lie. LOL :D

TwinFan 08-12-2013 10:39 PM

My lord, people. Can every single thing that Richie tweets NOT be reposted and endlessly discussed to no avail in this thread? Can only tweets of importance be put on here, as opposed to discussing random retweets of YouTube videos?

I swear, this place is turning into Backstage with Richie Sambora.

Ruggy 08-12-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1150128)
My lord, people. Can every single thing that Richie tweets NOT be reposted and endlessly discussed to no avail in this thread? Can only tweets of importance be put on here, as opposed to discussing random retweets of YouTube videos?

Ok, boss!!

JoviJovi 08-12-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

I don't understand the point of this type of post. This thread is about Richie not being on tour. The things he does while not on tour, I would think, are relevant to the topic. Those who are over this thread should maybe just not visit it.

I don't get the BSWRS comment since this thread has his name on it. There are plenty of threads that have nothing to do with Richie and are the normal bashing of the entire band which is customary here. (Not to say it isn't deserved in some instances)

TwinFan 08-12-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1150130)
I don't understand the point of this type of post. This thread is about Richie not being on tour. The things he does while not on tour, I would think, are relevant to the topic. Those who are over this thread should maybe just not visit it.

I don't get the BSWRS comment since this thread has his name on it. There are plenty of threads that have nothing to do with Richie and are the normal bashing of the entire band which is customary here. (Not to say it isn't deserved in some instances)

Maybe it seemed a little harsh, but there are people (and I can't be the only one) who come into this thread to look for actual news, even little tidbits regarding when/if Richie will return. It's gotten way too redundant now, just the same 5 or so people going back and forth about random tweets and his open shirt.

I'm not trying to condemn discussion, but a lot of this could just go into a General chat thread or something. Just because Richie tweeted about waking up in Cali (his home, mind you) while not being on the tour doesn't make it pertinent to him being not on the tour.

nickolai 08-12-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1150132)
Maybe it seemed a little harsh, but there are people (and I can't be the only one) who come into this thread to look for actual news, even little tidbits regarding when/if Richie will return. It's gotten way too redundant now, just the same 5 or so people going back and forth about random tweets and his open shirt.

I'm not trying to condemn discussion, but a lot of this could just go into a General chat thread or something. Just because Richie tweeted about waking up in Cali (his home, mind you) while not being on the tour doesn't make it pertinent to him being not on the tour.

For Richie news google Richie Sambora and then press "news"

idbl_fanatic 08-12-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1150133)
For Richie news google Richie Sambora and then press "news"

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/article...nniversary.htm

Kathleen 08-13-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

I've been calling it that in my own mind for months now LOL. It's the same few people going back and forth at each other.

LeaJovi 08-13-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Yeah, let's only talk about the "important" stuff. We should close the forum then.

golittleperson 08-13-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1150130)

I also took this to be anything relevant to what Mr. Sambo is doing vs not touring and if/when he shall return. I do understand what is relevant to some is junk to others, some like to discuss theory and some not. Simple just avoid the thread or jump over what you do not care to read. Post/reply only to what does matter to you and let others do the same.:cool:

Mysterytrain 08-13-2013 04:18 AM

Someone Tweeted Richie a link to a song with Paul Rodgers, and Richie responded:

"Thanks Faith, Paul is one of my vocal idols of all time. Him and Stevie Wonder....I've always aspired to sing that well.."

In response, Brian May Tweeted to Richie:
@TheRealSambora Hey Richie ! You sing great ! Bri

Here's the song with Paul Rodgers; I hadn't heard this one before:

golittleperson 08-13-2013 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1150145)
Someone Tweeted Richie a link to a song with Paul Rodgers, and Richie responded:

"Thanks Faith, Paul is one of my vocal idols of all time. Him and Stevie Wonder....I've always aspired to sing that well.."

In response, Brian May Tweeted to Richie:
@TheRealSambora Hey Richie ! You sing great ! Bri

Here's the song with Paul Rodgers; I hadn't heard this one before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCtKFWlHOM4

I've heard it a few times, plus Richie does covers of a couple of Bad Co. songs.

Shout out from Brian should make even Sambo smile.

GabrielC 08-13-2013 04:36 AM

@TheRealSambora
Thank u everyone.. No ones considered me a lead singer.....

FFS, Richie is begging for attention now.

Thinking twice, maybe he needs professional help. Some therapist or psychologist.

GabrielC 08-13-2013 04:42 AM

On other note, where did this song go:
It sounds big. I want to hear it, not Come Back as Me.

WillRunForChocolate 08-13-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1150148)
@TheRealSambora
Thank u everyone.. No ones considered me a lead singer.....

FFS, Richie is begging for attention now.

Thinking twice, maybe he needs professional help. Some therapist or psychologist.

About 600 pages ago I thought he was having a breakdown or emotional issues or was battling depression. I agree it sounds like he's begging for attention - and he will get it from his twitter fans.

If he wants pity, he's looking in the wrong place. I admire his song writing, guitar skills and his vocals, and I certainly want him back. But I'm also not about to beg for him to come back or feel sorry for him. Yikes.

CKatz 08-13-2013 06:57 AM

Richie isn't coming back:

@AmandaLeardini: @TheRealPhilX What are your (professional) plans for September? ~I think you know what i mean.. :)

@TheRealPhilX: @AmandaLeardini I'm busy. ~ I think you know what I mean.

No reason for me to stick around now.

rightsideofwrong 08-13-2013 10:35 AM

That sucks. Somewhere inside of me had small hope Richie would make it back for this upcoming leg. Highly doubt i'll be getting tickets unless they are on groupon or something.