Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

faith1985 08-15-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1150349)
Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJVf52OBHsY

The statement is in the commentary on "Garageland". The whole statement begins at around 10:54. The part you reference is around 12:32.

Great interview. Listen from 5:30 = exactly what he never wanted to become. And there is some real interaction right in that interview. It makes me really mad at Jon and reminds me of what made me a fan once.

Even here:
What happened? Was it because The Circle tanked? Was it the O2 shows?

JackieBlue 08-15-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1150352)
Great interview. Listen from 5:30 = exactly what he never wanted to become. And there is some real interaction right in that interview. It makes me really mad at Jon and reminds me of what made me a fan once.

Even here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehh1ZlNSxCc
What happened? Was it because The Circle tanked? Was it the O2 shows?

It's funny that you picked up @ 5:32. They're talking about Miss Fourrh of July and that's how I rediscovered the clip in the first place. At one of the Europe interviews someone asked Jon if he' d do MFOJ and his response (going from memory, may not be exact) was "Not without Richie. You guys need to tell him to get his ass back to work." I thoght it was strange, and possibly significant, that Jon would single out that one song to refuse to sing without RS; so I looked it up.

Without puttng my own spin on it I still don't know why MFOJ. Any ideas?

GabrielC 08-15-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1150363)
It's funny that you picked up @ 5:32. They're talking about Miss Fourrh of July and that's how I rediscovered the clip in the first place. At one of the Europe interviews someone asked Jon if he' d do MFOJ and his response (going from memory, may not be exact) was "Not without Richie. You guys need to tell him to get his ass back to work." I thoght it was strange, and possibly significant, that Jon would single out that one song to refuse to sing without RS; so I looked it up.

Without puttng my own spin on it I still don't know why MFOJ. Any ideas?

Back in the Day, Richie said it was his favorite song of the boxset.

Savvi 08-15-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1150346)
Gawd it's all doom and gloom. Richie's back next month (his words) and everyone's glum. Rejoice the king of swing's return

Did I miss something? When did Richie say he's coming back next month?

Sambo-Chris 08-15-2013 06:43 PM

Never . He just said that it was his wish .

JackieBlue 08-15-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1150365)
Back in the Day, Richie said it was his favorite song of the boxset.

I wondered if it might be something that simple or if Jon was referring to something in the song itself. Thanks!

Lampinen 08-15-2013 07:04 PM

What has Brian May said about richie in Twitter?

JoviJovi 08-15-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lampinen (Post 1150370)

That he is a great singer

Bill23 08-15-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1150367)
Did I miss something? When did Richie say he's coming back next month?

"September’s looking good. So, maybe September.”

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/n...-by-september/

JoviJovi 08-15-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1150374)
"September’s looking good. So, maybe September.”

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/n...-by-september/

Then he retracted it on Twitter. The original quote was from the red carpet interview he did during the fashion thing .

Richie Sambora TheRealSambora

@

Hey all, to those who saw that interview from the fashion show it was about my hopes. Nothing's really happening yet...

9:49am - 29 Jun 13

efiste2 08-15-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Hey all, to those who saw that interview from the fashion show it was about my hopes. Nothing's really happening yet...
He obviously hadnt asked permission from Miss Lund if he take some time away from degrading his image and music by using it to promote overpriced clothing.

You can imagine the scene as they walked away from that interview and got into the limo......"You never mentioned September to me Richie, you do know were launching NikkiRich underpants then dont you, you wont have time to play rockstar you know"

rolo_tomachi 08-16-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lampinen (Post 1150370)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1150373)
That he is a great singer

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9366/3bmy.jpg

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9118/2xyu.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8257/u694.jpg

JoviJovi 08-16-2013 01:42 AM

LOL, yeah Rolo, he's great. Just don't ask him to sing lead for more than 10 or so shows, or any in the US because he may come down with poorticketsalesytis.

GabrielC 08-16-2013 02:26 AM

The second one can fool people, Rolo.

Mysterytrain 08-16-2013 03:40 AM

Richie Tweeted:

"Good morning from Cali.. Just wanna thank all my twitter pals for your diligent support of Come back as me. Thanks for your loyalty"

and...

"Also wanna mention my pal and hero @DrBrianMay for his kind words.. Thank you my brother. Your a true legend..."

JoviJovi 08-16-2013 05:30 AM

I think this is Nikki Lunds mom. Took a peek at her timeline and she is constantly talking about Richie and chatting up his fans.

1LaurieLund 1LaurieLund

@

1NikkiLund TheRealSambora Evening setting in on Cali...a great day, a great place, and a great face!!Fab job Evry1! pic.twitter.com/A8JjWRZC2x

Here's the pic: http://t.co/A8JjWRZC2x

rolo_tomachi 08-16-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1150392)
LOL, yeah Rolo, he's great. Just don't ask him to sing lead for more than 10 or so shows, or any in the US because he may come down with poorticketsalesytis.

Every Road Tour was short but more intense than any show of JBJ and KOS.

In USA no luck, but in Europe has a legion of loyal fans.

samboraisgodUK 08-16-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1150401)
Every Road Tour was short but more intense than any show of JBJ and KOS.

Agreed. They were proper rock shows. I bet seeing JBJ and KOS would be boring as hell in comparison.

Stiggy 08-16-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1150395)
I think this is Nikki Lunds mom. Took a peek at her timeline and she is constantly talking about Richie and chatting up his fans.

1LaurieLund 1LaurieLund

@

1NikkiLund TheRealSambora Evening setting in on Cali...a great day, a great place, and a great face!!Fab job Evry1! pic.twitter.com/A8JjWRZC2x

Here's the pic: http://t.co/A8JjWRZC2x

yeh im :rolleyes: at her role in asking on fanpages to request the youtube vid her son made...... 'cause theyre gonna fall for it in a belief they r supporting richie gettin radio airplay for a youtube song they aint been released yet?? no radio stations are gonna touch it without a promo hardcopy..
TORNEYE films is only beneficary from it with the # of hits on the vid.. i guess its a win win for torneye films.

JoviJovi 08-16-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1150402)
Agreed. They were proper rock shows. I bet seeing JBJ and KOS would be boring as hell in comparison.

Well since JBJ never cancelled a KOS show I had tickets to and RS cancelled every show I had tickets to, I have to disagree.

rolo_tomachi 08-16-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1150393)
The second one can fool people, Rolo.

Don't worry, It's okay, they are friends.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7285/vj7r.jpg

steel_horse75 08-16-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1150392)

lackofinterestitous.

samboraisgodUK 08-16-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1150406)
Well since JBJ never cancelled a KOS show I had tickets to and RS cancelled every show I had tickets to, I have to disagree.

That doesn't make sense. I'm purely talking about the difference between attending a Richie solo show to attending a Jon solo show, you're raising a completely separate point.

JoviJovi 08-16-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1150409)
That doesn't make sense. I'm purely talking about the difference between attending a Richie solo show to attending a Jon solo show, you're raising a completely separate point.

And what I'm saying is I haven't had the opportunity to attend a Richie solo so I really can't compare.

LeaJovi 08-16-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1150410)
And what I'm saying is I haven't had the opportunity to attend a Richie solo so I really can't compare.

No you're not saying that.

samboraisgodUK 08-16-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

No you're not...

By disagreeing with my original post you are by definition comparing the two.

JoviJovi 08-16-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1150414)
No you're not saying that.

Um, yes it was. JBJ + KOS = fun show, RS solo = cancelled the day before the show. Huge disappointment. So for me, JBJ + KOS show was obviously much better.

On another note, JBJ + KOS is not Jon solo, its him with a different band.

samboraisgodUK 08-16-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1150416)
Um, yes it was. JBJ + KOS = fun show, RS solo = cancelled the day before the show. Huge disappointment. So for me, JBJ + KOS show was obviously much better.

That's not the same thing as comparing the merits of two live acts, it's a separate point.

Bounce7800 08-16-2013 06:12 PM

I'd love a proper Jon solo show much like the 97 shows, playing stuff from DA, Blaze, covers and some band stuff. Sadly its unlikely that any JBJ solo will be anything much different from these KOS shows.

Supersonic 08-16-2013 06:14 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1150421)
I'd love a proper Jon solo show much like the 97 shows, playing stuff from DA, Blaze, covers and some band stuff. Sadly its unlikely that any JBJ solo will be anything much different from these KOS shows.

Yeah, whenever he does KOS shows he actually covers Bon Jovi and other artists songs yet refuses to dig into his own solo material. Instead, you get a few songs with Bobby on lead, because people clearly come to see that.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

rolo_tomachi 08-16-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1150417)
That's not the same thing as comparing the merits of two live acts, it's a separate point.

I love how you value things JoviJovi.

I mean, I've seen Queen without Freddie Mercury, and according to your opinion, without Mercury is better than Queen with Mercury. because Freddie did not have the dignity of surviving AIDS for 20 years more, (so as I can not make a fair judgment anyway), I prefer Queen without Mercury, is better, more funny and are alive. ;)

Some fans live in a cave, they do not know that there is something called You Tube, is the big brother, omnipresent.

JoviJovi 08-16-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1150426)
I love how you value things JoviJovi.

I mean, I've seen Queen without Freddie Mercury, and according to your opinion, without Mercury is better than Queen with Mercury. because Freddie did not have the dignity of surviving AIDS for 20 years more, (so as I can not make a fair judgment anyway), I prefer Queen without Mercury, is better, more funny and are alive. ;)

Some fans live in a cave, they do not know that there is something called You Tube, is the big brother, omnipresent.

WTF are you even talking about?

Stick to photoshop rolo, the less words the better.

LeaJovi 08-16-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1150426)
I mean, I've seen Queen without Freddie Mercury, and according to your opinion, without Mercury is better than Queen with Mercury. because Freddie did not have the dignity of surviving AIDS for 20 years more, (so as I can not make a fair judgment anyway), I prefer Queen without Mercury, is better, more funny and are alive.

Well said. Finally some wisdom is bestowed upon this board. How dare he not survive AIDS so you can't watch him live?

Oh and you Jovijovi stick to the kitchen, how dare you speak?

Lampinen 08-16-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1150430)
Well said. Finally some wisdom is bestowed upon this board. How dare he not survive AIDS so you can't watch him live?

Here here. Selfish bastard.

JoviJovi 08-16-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1150430)

Oh and you Jovijovi stick to the kitchen, how dare you speak?

My bad, I forgot my role there for a second.

Supersonic 08-16-2013 08:34 PM

Aloha !

Time to get this topic back on track;

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1150432)
My bad, I forgot my role there for a second.

http://loltubes.com/wp-content/uploa...a-sandwich.jpg

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

ticos_stick 08-16-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

I had tickets to and RS cancelled every show I had tickets to, I have to disagree.

What did you want him to do? play in front of twenty people? America failed Richie. That's why he quit during the US tour and also why he only vacations in Europe now.

So stick that in your hot dog and smoke it.

JoviJovi 08-16-2013 08:47 PM

Is it a f'n full moon or something?

Supersonic 08-16-2013 08:50 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1150441)
Is it a f'n full moon or something?

I don't know but here's a new game for you to play;
http://cdn9.staztic.com/app/a/2858/2...-s-307x512.jpg

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

rolo_tomachi 08-16-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Another jilted fan.