Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

idbl_fanatic 04-30-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJB12 (Post 1125901)
I don't think it has been as bad as anyone thinks. Most of the people who have been to a Phil X show aren't nearly as upset about Richie being gone as people who haven't. Yes, it's obviously a big deal. Yes, I was disappointed Richie wasn't at my show. But it wasn't the end of the world, and quite honestly was one of the best BJ shows I've seen.

Having went to a show with Phil X (San Jose) It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, however, it wasn't the same, it took TWO guitar players to cover for Richie, and the harmonics just weren't there/

jonbonjovilover95 04-30-2013 10:01 PM

who's richie??????? :confused::confused:

samboraisgodUK 04-30-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1125899)
So really, seeing Matt's Twitter post, that's a game changer. Twitter posts are as good as press releases these days and this one tells me Richie is not a well boy. Up to now, we've had nothing to go on but silence. But Matt sending out a tweet like that, which could so easily bite him squarely in the backside - and bearing in mind, he is considered one of the voices of this brand - that says to me that this is exactly what he says it is.

I disagree. Matt is an absolute idiot - in the literal sense of the word. Using him as their de facto PR guy is as sensible as appointing Adolf Hitler as Minister for Equality.

MrNickel 04-30-2013 10:01 PM

Absolute trainwreck. I had been contemplating getting Slane tickets, thank god I didn't. I have always loved this band and although I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of Jovi like most on here do, I have always followed them and adored them.

Sambora is someone this band truly can't be without but unfortunately the band will go on without him (if Richie does end up leaving/ or gets fired).

Jon knows that he is the main selling point and will keep the band alive till he loses interest (I'm sure thats gonna be sooner rather than later).

Mick_NY 04-30-2013 10:02 PM

That's a good attitude!
I'm obviously disappointed that Richie will not be in Europe as I have booked already two shows and was thinking about a third one. However, I'm sure it will still be a blast!
After all, i know all the songs and the guys know how to play 'em well! ;-)

Bounce7800 04-30-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1125903)
All I can say is that there had better be a pretty damn good reason/explanation to why Richie isn't there. I will not accept:

1. Another stint in rehab
2. Feud with Jon
3. Tax fraud
4. Arrested for indecency
5. Having a break due to fatigue.

Because number 5 - this is no excuse. Do not release a new album/tour so soon after the last tour.

You'd take sex change to Rachel Sambora though? :p

alonso14 04-30-2013 10:09 PM

Absolutely gutted. But I think it is an over reaction from some. I'm pretty sure you can go and still have a good time. I know I will be. It won't be the same, but it it will still be Jon, Dave, Tico playing the hits that I'll sing along to and will make up a good day out.

MrNickel 04-30-2013 10:14 PM

At the end of the day we still have........

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0edb0a2b.png

gareththyer1990 04-30-2013 10:17 PM

I'm disappointed that Richie won't be at the UK shows but it really ain't the end of the world. Obviously I'm annoyed that we haven't had a proper explanation but the plus side will be that Jon probably knows that it will create backlash towards the band so I'm hoping that he'll put on extra special shows in Europe because I really think if any of them are "standard" then that'll be it!

Yvonne 04-30-2013 10:17 PM

Ahhh greatest hits shows not promoting the new album anymore.... ahhh welll.