Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

IML88 05-28-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stut (Post 1177129)
Wasn't It Only Takes One to Say Goodbye from Bounce era? Written by Jon & Richie. Recorded by Swedish band Poets. And if I remember right, Obie promised band version would be available on American XS, obviously never happened. I could be wrong though. After all, it was 10+ years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIwVzkIHKxo

"Love and hate" "Better backdown" "Stars are in the sky"...yep, sounds like post 00's JBJ and RS.

Alphavictim 05-28-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1177139)
We all know that LYHOM was written while the band was already in Vancouver, but also Bad Medicine, IBTFY and Born To Be My Baby?

LYHOM was written in the studio. Born To Be My Baby and Bad Medicine are SO much like the SWW singles in style and subject matter, and also feature Desmond Child, that I have a hard time believing he had as little hand in 'em as writing a prechorus... IBTFY was written by Richie (as per Richie), ripped off from another band (as per said band's (deceased I think?) lead singer), or by Jon & Richie in the middle of the night (as per Jon).

Rdkopper 05-28-2014 07:35 PM

Can someone please explain what the below means and why it was said? I actually think it's quite stupid!

"I Woke Up This Morning And Said To Myself, Self, It's A Great F-ing Day For A Rock and Roll"

Lucas_Roli 05-28-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177188)
Can someone please explain what the below means and why it was said? I actually think it's quite stupid!

"I Woke Up This Morning And Said To Myself, Self, It's A Great F-ing Day For A Rock and Roll"

:)),he said ''Self'' instead of his name.
Let's say for example ''I woke up this morning and said to myself,Lucas,it's a great f... day for rock n roll''.
What song is this anyway?

Bounce7800 05-28-2014 08:39 PM

It's what they say in the huddle on AAA is it not?

Dave 1986 05-28-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1177196)
It's what they say in the huddle on AAA is it not?

I thought it was just Doc Magee and some other guy. (can't for the life of me remember who, it's been years since I watched AAA)

I dunno if the saying is taken from a song or it's just some expression they just came up with.

Rdkopper 05-28-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1177191)
:)),he said ''Self'' instead of his name.
Let's say for example ''I woke up this morning and said to myself,Lucas,it's a great f... day for rock n roll''.
What song is this anyway?

That part I get. I'm taking about the entire saying as a whole. It's stupid and makes no sense. What is a great day for A Rock N Roll? A Rock And Roll what? A Rock and Roll show?

That's like saying "what a great day for a guitar" what does that mean? a great day to buy a guitar or a great day to play a guitar....

And then, even it could make sense, what's the purpose of the saying? To get everyone pumped? I just think it's uncreative and dumb. If I was Jon, I'd fire Doc just based off of that. :crazyeye:

Rdkopper 05-28-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1177197)
I thought it was just Doc Magee and some other guy. (can't for the life of me remember who, it's been years since I watched AAA)

I dunno if the saying is taken from a song or it's just some expression they just came up with.

I think it's Doc and Paul but the other guys partake in other scenes as well.

Lucas_Roli 05-28-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177198)
That part I get. I'm taking about the entire saying as a whole. It's stupid and makes no sense. What is a great day for A Rock N Roll? A Rock And Roll what? A Rock and Roll show?

That's like saying "what a great day for a guitar" what does that mean? a great day to buy a guitar or a great day to play a guitar....

And then, even it could make sense, what's the purpose of the saying? To get everyone pumped? I just think it's uncreative and dumb. If I was Jon, I'd fire Doc just based off of that. :crazyeye:

I didn't saw the A before Rock and Roll.
Can you tell me from what song it is? So i can listen to it and see what you guys are talking about.

jovifan93 05-28-2014 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177198)

I think it's just a saying to get people pumped. And there is no "A" in it, it's basically just "I woke up this morning and said to myself: what a great f*cking day for rock'n'roll", with the "self" being a repetition of "myself" while Doc points at himself or something (at least he meant himself, and I think it was said so slowly, because he told it to someone so that he could repeat).

At least that's what I remember from last watching AAA a couple of years ago ;-)