Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Tooka 04-08-2013 08:32 PM

Richie and Fergy

Just to lighten things up :)

The Rock 04-08-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1120878)
And why would she even care? lol She never cared before. Richie is not her husband, so it's none of her business anyway. That whole rumour is b.s.

She has been there for 30 years, I love how the press are trying to make it that she is the reason now that Richie is gone. She influence Jon outside of the band (Soul Kitchen, JBJ Soul Foundation) but not with the band (but she has influence the supporting bands who they pick. Most of them have been the bands she likes) They are friends, before Richie went to rehab last time he was staying at their house. The rehab stint was the final solution but before that, he was staying with Jon and Dorothea, rather than Richie to live alone in LA.

CKatz 04-08-2013 09:11 PM

Guys, check out this article.. If true, Jon is an a-hole...
http://rumorfix.com/2013/04/the-real...our-exclusive/

Kryten2340 04-08-2013 09:22 PM

I hope this is true and that he will be back next week but its a bit shitty to take days off to promote your fashion label when your day job should be priority.

The Rock 04-08-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1120893)

All the stories coming out are bullshit. Don't believe nothing.

Tooka 04-08-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Once again rumors and unknown sources and "friends". Like the press needs someone to feed them stories about Richie's substance abuse. And Richie would never take a few days off the tour to meet with a fashion designer! He played with his arm broken before.

Utter rubbish.

nikos greece 04-08-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

since the rumours continue i have to say that there sure is a fight between jon and richie...noone knows who is right etc but if the problem was sth in particular i guess the band and richie would make a statement that would clear things up, on the contrary noone has make any clear statement.
if its just a personal health issue i guess it would be out by now

danfan 04-08-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

We don't need a link to know that.

JoviJovi 04-08-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Honestly, if this is true then Richie is an unprofessional hack. He has let his fans down enough in the past so he should have taken this "hiccup" and sucked it up for his fans sake like when we had to suck up his rehab stint or lack of ticket sales (oops I mean "illness") Whether or not JBJ is a control freak was the case before the tour, either deal with it then or suck it up, shut up, and play!

CKatz 04-08-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1120899)
Honestly, if this is true then Richie is an unprofessional hack. He has let his fans down enough in the past so he should have taken this "hiccup" and sucked it up for his fans sake like when we had to suck up his rehab stint or lack of ticket sales (oops I mean "illness") Whether or not JBJ is a control freak was the case before the tour, either deal with it then or suck it up, shut up, and play!

If true, then Jon isn't acting any more professional by spreading nasty rumors about someone he claims is his friend...That's beyond childish, not to mention cruel. That's not a "hiccup" Richie should have to suck up.
That's why I'm hoping this is just another nasty rumor.

Supersonic 04-08-2013 09:38 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1120900)
If true, then Jon isn't acting any more professional by spreading nasty rumors about someone he claims is his friend...That's beyond childish, not to mention cruel. That's not a "hiccup" Richie should have to suck up.
That's why I'm hoping this is just another nasty rumor.

I can't believe people are actually thinking certain rumors posted in this thread "might be true" when it's so blatantly obvious it's all made up.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

The Rock 04-08-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1120902)
Aloha !

I can't believe people are actually thinking certain rumors posted in this thread "might be true" when it's so blatantly obvious it's all made up.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Voice of reason! Thank You.

All the stories are bull.

nikos greece 04-08-2013 09:49 PM

most of them obviously are lies but there is some true in some of them...richie left out of the blue and noone said something to explain ever since...

JoviJovi 04-08-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1120904)
Voice of reason! Thank You.

All the stories are bull.

Oh, so you know the true story? Do tell!

steel_horse75 04-08-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1120855)
Typical wife. "Do you really need another drink?" LOL. "Maybe you should take a few weeks off (from bottle)".

No wonder JBJ shagged birds with Nikki sixx in sixxs room if this is how she carried on!!

Kathleen 04-08-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1120817)
I keep on reading these kind of statements but how can that work without being the end of it? It's not like firing Alec - it's firing the man who wrote Wanted Dead or Alive, the man who wrote I'll Be There For You, These Days...you know, 90% of Bon Jovi's awesome songs are written or co-written by Richie. How could Jon sing those songs? How could I watch them live, knowing that they fired the man who wrote those songs, AFTER 30 YEARS!!!, because he has some personal issues that he can't get a grip on. I know it's just speculation, but to me, firing Richie would be the absolute end of Bon Jovi and I would even have a hard time listening to the classics any longer. To me, this band was not just about the music. It had a lot to do with their loyalty and friendship, their underdog attitude, the fact that they were role-models for an entire generation. Yes. The music started to suck, but everything else I still sympathised with. There is no way I could overlook all these things if Richie was to be fired.
<snip>

Excellent post and I couldn't agree more. I have been a longterm fan and I hate to be maudlin but I agree about the relationship. Perhaps that is only what I read into it and Jon and Richie are NOT good friends - I have no way of really knowing. Maybe we all invest in a relationship like that because we would love to have one ourselves. Either way - let's not take this to Richie getting fired. It's not as clean cut and simple as "he fcuked up" so let's fire him. It's not "just" a job.

JON4EVA 04-08-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

If this is true I will eat all my hats.... and I have a lot of hats! ;)

LeaJovi 04-08-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tooka (Post 1120885)
Just to lighten things up :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZY-rOmhphA

I never heard Jon so into a song. Best Bon Jovi performance in the past few years.

Tooka 04-08-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1120913)
I never heard Jon so into a song. Best Bon Jovi performance in the past few years.

LOL! true true

Bounce7800 04-08-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

There's more shit in that article than the whole of this thread

Bill23 04-08-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1120930)

So you don't think Richie left for a high level meeting with the designer? LOL. Who comes up with this stuff?

nrm123 04-08-2013 11:34 PM

I still think its down to writing. Richie wants to please his fan base and Jon dont want him to write during a Bon Jovi tour.

ticos_stick 04-08-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrm123 (Post 1120932)
I still think its down to writing. Richie wants to please his fan base and Jon dont want him to write during a Bon Jovi tour.

It took Richie fourteen years to write a new album. I doubt it takes up too much of his time during tours.

Lisa71 04-08-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1120840)
Nobody cares besides people on the board.

Hell, I don't even know if I care anymore.

You will be surprised how much this story has spread. I've gotten article upon article, albeit all coming from the same source but it's out there. Just go to other message boards and it's being talked about. Their recent CD might suck to some people's opinion but we are talking about a 30 year career and Bon Jovi as a whole, not just this CD. Richie leaving the band (which I don't think he has) is big news. The band could be ending, it's news.

RonJovi 04-08-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1120930)

You think there is shit in this thread?!?!?

Every post is a gem that should be preserved for eternity. I had you down as a sensible person but I'll have to revise my opinion now...

You should be stripped of your moderator rights faster than Jon strips Richie of his dignity on a daily basis (allegedly).

Lisa71 04-08-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1120931)
So you don't think Richie left for a high level meeting with the designer? LOL. Who comes up with this stuff?

I've heard his had a heart attack, his got prostate cancer, his gotten an underage groupie pregnant and now is trying to deal with that privately and this is all among the fans. The press is saying that it's fighting between Jon/Richie, Dorothea pulled a Yoko Ono (yeah after 30 years of being with this Jon/the band) and now Richie is putting his fashion line in front of touring.

rolo_tomachi 04-08-2013 11:53 PM

I can't wait until tomorrow to read the next new header of the magazines.

These speculations are more exciting than the last shows of the band.

TwinFan 04-08-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1120840)
Nobody cares besides people on the board.

Hell, I don't even know if I care anymore.

Oh Christ...

Mysterytrain 04-08-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1120910)
Excellent post and I couldn't agree more. I have been a longterm fan and I hate to be maudlin but I agree about the relationship. Perhaps that is only what I read into it and Jon and Richie are NOT good friends - I have no way of really knowing. Maybe we all invest in a relationship like that because we would love to have one ourselves. Either way - let's not take this to Richie getting fired. It's not as clean cut and simple as "he fcuked up" so let's fire him. It's not "just" a job.

I agree. Actually, I've been sitting here on pins and needles for the last number of days, and find myself almost too emotionally invested in the state of the Jon-and-Richie relationship. I do think I care so much because, despite being a fan and having that component of interest in them, so often, they present a very deep friendship to people, both through quotes I've seen and their interactions onstage. I can't imagine they're faking the connection we see /all/ of the time--I don't think either of them are that great at acting --but maybe this is one of the 'darker' times for them. The question will be whether they rise up out of it, or whether the relationship has run its course.

RonJovi 04-09-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1120938)
I can't wait until tomorrow to read the next new header of the magazines.

These speculations are more exciting than the last shows of the band.

Tomorrow should see us reach 100 pages and 100,000 views.

100,000 "No Richie on current leg of Tour" thread fans can't be wrong. That's mind blowing. With the way the internet is now, there ain't many kids that will get 100,000 views in the future. Especially given that those views are in 259 countries. Wherever they have electricity, they've viewed this thread. It proves that we are still relevant on drycounty.com.

ticos_stick 04-09-2013 12:02 AM

Richie and Charlie Sheen are opening a new strip bar called Samsheenies in LA. It's taking up a lot of Richie's time. He spent the whole of last week picking out thongs for his "girls".

Mousebounce 04-09-2013 12:03 AM

http://perezhilton.com/2013-04-08-ri...-bon-jovi-tour

It made Perez!

crashed 04-09-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1120942)

100,000 "No Richie on current leg of Tour" thread fans can't be wrong. That's mind blowing. With the way the internet is now, there ain't many kids that will get 100,000 views in the future. Especially given that those views are in 259 countries. Wherever they have electricity, they've viewed this thread. It proves that we are still relevant on drycounty.com.

Does that make this the most viewed thread in the history of this forum? It should get it's own permanent place in the rock'n'roll hall of fame.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-09-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

100,000 "No Richie on current leg of Tour" thread fans can't be wrong

LOL I choked on my tea

rolo_tomachi 04-09-2013 12:09 AM

15 minutes from the yesterday show, Bobby sucks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5FjWwly9X4#t=02m22s

TwinFan 04-09-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1120943)
Richie and Charlie Sheen are opening a new strip bar called Samsheenies in LA. It's taking up a lot of Richie's time. He spent the whole of last week picking out thongs for his "girls".

Is Richie getting high on himself? At least if that's the case, we know he'll come back, because you know, You Can Only Get So High.

idbl_fanatic 04-09-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1120950)
15 minutes from the yesterday show, Bobby sucks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5FjWwly9X4#t=02m22s

Looks like Jon was having trouble with his IEM's

superkid 04-09-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Bravo! And the thread is still only 5 days old! :)

Panda 04-09-2013 12:56 AM

Woah 100k views in 5 days... I wonder how many other people are visiting this site checking this page out wondering what Richie is up to.

Man, y'all are famous! A good thread will get around 1000 views. This has 100 times that. Woooowwww.

...I'm suddenly more inclined to talk in this thread.

TwinFan 04-09-2013 01:00 AM

Yay. Reply #1000 goes to me!

I suppose, it should be pertaining to the topic, right?

Brazilian theme park dogs suck at Steven Seagal guitar playing with a daughter passing a driving test while abusing substances.