Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

RonJovi 05-01-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1125980)
From what I hear it's going to be a big rock record...:D

Back to their roots and the best thing they've done since Slippery?

Beaky 05-01-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1125981)
Back to their roots and the best thing they've done since Slippery?

Jeez Ron, how did you guess, brother?

Lisa71 05-01-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1125971)
no dates for Australia had been announced, just December and they are due to go on sale this month.

I doubt that now. I think it's going to be a wait and see from the promoters and the band. They might want to see how the reaction is in Europe and wait to see the outcome for Richie. The Australian dates could be in crisis.

Lisa71 05-01-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillRunForChocolate (Post 1125972)
Why would you want to boo Jon? Everything seems to point to this being a Richie issue. There is a lot to the story we are not privy to, but it at least seems that Jon has been a consummate professional thoughout this debacle. He is giving 110% on stage. Based on what we know right now, I would not fault Jon and definitely would not boo him.

I don't get this either. Why go and boo Jon? At the end of the day, it's Richie that is not there and he is the one who should be getting booed. I see fans making videos of support and that they will be there for him.

Dicanio 05-01-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1125973)
Dramtic. Much???

This is the most dramatic thread in the history of Jovitalk! Pass the popcorn steel_horse lol

MrNickel 05-01-2013 12:30 AM

Jon can be a douche but at the moment we have no reason to think he's causing this issue.

Just listened to "Make A Memory", if you take Sambora out of that song, you'd lose everything.

Solid Sambora 05-01-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1125978)
2. Dave and Tico. Great... except watching streams and videos and clips from this tour... it might as well be called 'Because I Can.' There are a whole host of subtle differences in Jon's performance that really do make this a solo show. The level of interaction just isn't there for me.

I get what you're saying here. I actually thought this before Richie went- even things like how Hugh has gone from the front to the back, meaning less limelight to share.

Maybe wouldn't be a bad idea to re-shuffle for a bit, bring Dave & Tico forward a bit, closer to the fans. Dave's always good for eye contact, but bring him closer, give Jon more opportunity to interact with him too, even just a bit more eye contact with each other. Or going back to Hugh, bring him forward again. Anything to make that stage seem a little less lonely!

Becky 05-01-2013 12:33 AM

FYI This thread is a moderator's nightmare. It takes me an hour to catch up when I get home from work. I wish Richie would release a damn statement. If he's still in the band, he's being a total douchebag by not giving the fans at least an, "I'll be back as soon as I can" tweet. He doesn't have to say what his personal problems are. He just needs to tell people he'll be back someday. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

Jonty 05-01-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1125985)
I don't get this either. Why go and boo Jon? At the end of the day, it's Richie that is not there and he is the one who should be getting booed. I see fans making videos of support and that they will be there for him.

im making a point that the fans are treated like sh*t but have no ways of making it hurt the band and to show them the disrespect they, as a band, have shown us, whether it be Richie, Jon, Dave, Tico or that twat Matt on twitter. If he is seriously ill, just say he is seriously ill and we can all sympathise. If he has quite, then tell us that. If it is a fall out, then feck it, tell us they have fallen out. The fact is Jon is the CEO, it would hurt him most if the fans turn as he is quite an introverted, family guy who puts his guts into working for his company. Bonjovi wouldn't exist the size it is today, if at all, if the fans hadn't supported them through 30 years. The point has to be made to Jon that we are not happy. If sports fans are not happy with the manager or chairman, they let them know about it and vote by their voices and their feet. The same could, and likely will, happen here too. Feel free to suggest other way!

AnnieKTF 05-01-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1125973)
Dramtic. Much???

Probably. But who cares.
I kept hoping he'd be back and then the hope was gone. Poof. http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/...psc157c834.gif
I know how freaking emotional I get over everything. Richie not being there is something that makes me sad right now, don't want any reminders. That's why I'd rather not listen to their music for a couple of days and just forget about the whole thing until Munich. I've had enough of crying. :p