Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

GabrielC 12-16-2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1276803)
Say what you want about the way he is dressed, but Richie is really looking like Richie again to me....he's looking happy and well, so I'm all for it!

Totally agreed!

bonjovi90 12-18-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1276840)
A picture of fangirls with their idol like it happens millions of times all around the world with all kind of celebs and all kind of ages. So just cool down with your sexual-minded over-analysis. It's ridiculous.

Agreed. Most of the comments are downright disgusting and that's saying a lot for a place like this.

Captain_jovi 12-18-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1276841)
Agreed. Most of the comments are downright disgusting and that's saying a lot for a place like this.

This. Could we maybe not call people pedophiles for unfounded reasons? It's kind of a serious accusation.

JoviCrush 12-18-2021 05:33 PM

I just came on here to say that this is the most disgusting thing I have read on this forum and I've read some pretty disgusting things on here over the years. This whole conversation should be removed and that girl should be banned permanently. This isn't the first time with her BS.
There are many who read here but do not post and this type of slander/libel contributes to the lies that spread about Richie on social media. You have a responsibility as a moderator to moderate. Unbelievable.

Nige 12-18-2021 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviCrush (Post 1276845)
I just came on here to say that this is the most disgusting thing I have read on this forum and I've read some pretty disgusting things on here over the years. This whole conversation should be removed and that girl should be banned permanently. This isn't the first time with her BS.
There are many who read here but do not post and this type of slander/libel contributes to the lies that spread about Richie on social media. You have a responsibility as a moderator to moderate. Unbelievable.

Couldn't agree more - it's way out of line.

Captain_jovi 12-18-2021 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviCrush (Post 1276845)

Not all mods have the power to ban, it's far more complicated than that. I understand it's being figured out but "You have a responsibility as a moderator to moderate"....I don't think really appreciate the way that's worded. Half the time it's babysitting children, the disgusting PM's I've gotten while taking action is just baffling.

Just know it's being worked on and mod'ing this place is purely on a volunteer basis and we mostly get treated pretty poorly.

JoviCrush 12-18-2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1276847)
Not all mods have the power to ban, it's far more complicated than that. I understand it's being figured out but "You have a responsibility as a moderator to moderate"....I don't think really appreciate the way that's worded. Half the time it's babysitting children, the disgusting PM's I've gotten while taking action is just baffling.

Just know it's being worked on and mod'ing this place is purely on a volunteer basis and we mostly get treated pretty poorly.

So you cannot remove vile posts like that? Sorry but I don't know who has that power and all I see as far as moderators posting is you. Which moderators have the power then? Maybe people posting here should know that.
I think anyone who doesn't see this as beyond the pale is not worth the pm's a moderator may get.

I don't think Richie and Jon would give a flying F if the mods got disgusting PM's if they found out what's been said about them on this forum. It should have been removed ASAP. It's libelous.

JoviCrush 12-18-2021 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1276847)

I just looked to see who the moderators are on this forum and I haven't seen any of them posting on this forum in a long time. Maybe you need new moderators who still actually participate in the forum they moderate? Just sayin'.

Captain_jovi 12-18-2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviCrush (Post 1276849)
So you cannot remove vile posts like that? Sorry but I don't know who has that power and all I see as far as moderators posting is you. Which moderators have the power then? Maybe people posting here should know that.
I think anyone who doesn't see this as beyond the pale is not worth the pm's a moderator may get.

I don't think Richie and Jon would give a flying F if the mods got disgusting PM's if they found out what's been said about them on this forum. It should have been removed ASAP. It's libelous.

I DID remove the posts. My point was there's a handful of us that don't always have the time to do stuff like this ASAP. Banning people, whether temporarily or permanently, is a bit longer of a process due to the type of board this is.

I don't care if Richie or Jon give a flying F about the mods, I certainly care if the people HERE do so they can understand we can't always be on to of everything at the speed people want us to.

Captain_jovi 12-18-2021 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviCrush (Post 1276850)
I just looked to see who the moderators are on this forum and I haven't seen any of them posting on this forum in a long time. Maybe you need new moderators who still actually participate in the forum they moderate? Just sayin'.

All due respect, you have 19 posts here since joining in 2014. You're not wrong in that people are acting inappropriately and it's being taken care of as fast as we can, but if you want to help make the board better feel free to post more, add to conversations. There aren't even may active posters so finding people to give up their time to deal with stuff on a dead board is easier said than done.