Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

JOVI7826 05-01-2013 12:37 AM

Everyone Can Say Whatever He/she Wants...one Thing Is For Sure...no Richie For South African/european Leg..i Think This Sums Up Just About Everything...maybe Richie Is Done With The Band.the Rest Is Small Talk...

Living_on_my_Hair 05-01-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1125992)
I get what you're saying here. I actually thought this before Richie went- even things like how Hugh has gone from the front to the back, meaning less limelight to share.

Maybe wouldn't be a bad idea to re-shuffle for a bit, bring Dave & Tico forward a bit, closer to the fans. Dave's always good for eye contact, but bring him closer, give Jon more opportunity to interact with him too, even just a bit more eye contact with each other. Or going back to Hugh, bring him forward again. Anything to make that stage seem a little less lonely!

I would really love to know Jons reasonings behind moving Hugh to the back of the stage.
I'd love to just see the band playing like on the ''An evening with...'' VHS/DVD, playing 'in the round', interacting with eachother. In other words, playing like a true BAND and not JBJ and friends.

Andi

liljovi93 05-01-2013 12:51 AM

JLS split this week.

I think Richie is trying to make his own JLS up and that's why he isn't appearing on this tour.

Right now, somewhere in the world, Richie Sambora is practising his backflips.

DestinationJovi 05-01-2013 12:53 AM

I know I shouldn't be, but I'm truly shocked. I honestly thought Richie's reemergence the last week of this past leg (tweets, driving Ava to school) was a signal his "personal issues" we're sorted and he'd be joining the band for leg 3.

There are close to 300 pages of speculation, but seriously, what could the reason be???

Matt wants fans to "support with love," but how can we when we don't know what we're supporting?! How can we when he tweets bullshit about his Every Road cover contest, but nothing about letting the fans down by not being at the shows? How can we when we know he's not in rehab or at his mother's bedside because he allowed his daughter to video him and publicly post it? He can we when we know Ava and Heather are both fine? WHAT EXACTLY ARE WE SUPPORTING???

I can't think of one logical explanation of a "personal issue" that we haven't ruled out that would be acceptable. So if there is one, it should be revealed. As someone posted earlier, fans would be more sympathetic and understanding if Richie would just come clean. How he or Jon thinks they can get away with "it's personal" and have him come back at some point as if this never happened is insulting.

Solid Sambora 05-01-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1126002)
Right now, somewhere in the world, Richie Sambora is practising his backflips.

I'll forgive him everything if this is true.

Solid Sambora 05-01-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1126001)
I would really love to know Jons reasonings behind moving Hugh to the back of the stage.
I'd love to just see the band playing like on the ''An evening with...'' VHS/DVD, playing 'in the round', interacting with eachother. In other words, playing like a true BAND and not JBJ and friends.

Andi

It really puzzles me. There's just this big empty space on one side of the stage!

I think along the lines of, as "unofficial" band members, he doesn't want to give more prominence to Hugh over Bobby. That's my best guess!

liljovi93 05-01-2013 01:06 AM

On a serious note, I don't know how I feel about this.

1) I am gutted. I feel this is the end of Bon Jovi and it's the first chance I have got to see the band live abroad only to find out that it won't be the band. My girlfriend has really gotten into Bon Jovi over the past year or so and even though she fancies the pants off Jon, she is a Richie fan. She is gutted because she can only make it to the Manchester show with me and was really excited.

2) I'm fuming with how this has happened. Richie can tweet about his contest and what not but can't let us know himself why he won't be joining the band for the rest of the tour. What is that all about?

3) I can't believe that 'statement' we got. What a load of crap. It's almost like they don't care anymore and money is the only thing they want now. That's how this band is coming across.

4) I don't think Jon should be to blame like a lot of people are saying on Twitter. Yeah, he may be carrying on the shows without his right hand man but he's obviously torn between letting the fans down by not playing or letting them down by carrying on without Richie.

It makes me think, have Jon and Richie sat down after the American leg was over and Richie told Jon that it isn't for him anymore?
How can we believe Matt when he says he will be back when he said he would be back for Europe.

I'm still going to go to the shows and make a good time out of them. Jon has gone out of his comfort zone since Phil X has come in so hopefully this gives him another kick up the arse and makes him go that extra step and play rarities for us.

The band need to have a break. If Richie has quit, then the band should. If he hasn't quit, theynneed a long break after this tour and let everyone do their own things for a while.

Becky 05-01-2013 01:15 AM

I don't remember Matt ever saying Richie would be back for Europe. Did he really say that?

AnnieKTF 05-01-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1126009)
I don't remember Matt ever saying Richie would be back for Europe. Did he really say that?

He said Richie would be back, that I remember, but I don't think he ever said when.

liljovi93 05-01-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1126009)

I don't know. I thought he did but looking through his tweets, maybe not.