Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

Walleris 07-15-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1180193)
But this isn't them recording the song, it's the filming of the music video (still have no idea why they recorded two version of it and only released one) but this isn't them in the studio.

Are you sure? As you pointed out none of this footage was used in the music video. Sometimes artists let cameras shoot while recording to use the footage for future documentaries or find other use of it.

I don't know the truth, obviously, but why do you think they actually performed the song (precisely like it's on the record), rather than just mimed to playback? To me that suggested that it was the recording of the song.

Captain_jovi 07-15-2014 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1180194)
Are you sure? As you pointed out none of this footage was used in the music video. Sometimes artists let cameras shoot while recording to use the footage for future documentaries or find other use of it.

I don't know the truth, obviously, but why do you think they actually performed the song (precisely like it's on the record), rather than just mimed to playback? To me that suggested that it was the recording of the song.

I'm 100% sure. You can even see Richie playing the guitar solo, something that was added long after the song was originally recorded. I have no sound here at work but I recall them even saying they're filming the music video.

DestinationJovi 07-16-2014 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1180194)

It won't let me view the video on a mobile device, but if the guitar solo in the video is exactly as it is on the album, this video isn't the recording of the song.

If the solo is the mellow one from the radio version, then this is video of them recording it. The new guitar solo was added to the album version after all the negative feedback they got about the radio version.

Captain_jovi 07-16-2014 02:55 AM

Here's the original opening to that.

jovifan93 07-16-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1180192)
It was!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TPBgNnWXk0

Obviously, they had many takes and multiple guitar and vocal layers were added later, but still, they got together for this.

Jon seems fine singing the song in the original key here, it's a shame he felt the need to down tune it for live performance. Old and difficult songs yes, I understand, but this is a chicken move if you ask me.

The reason is quite simple actually - they tune the guitars and everything down one half step for live performances since I don't know when (the 90s?), so having one song in original key would just be too much effort...

Savvi 07-16-2014 01:26 PM

The more I listen, the more angry I get that Backdoor to Heaven didn't make the final cut :cry: Such an amazing song!

KSantaFe 07-16-2014 01:44 PM

Backdoor to Heaven or Full Moon High should have definitely replaced 99 in the Shade imo :)

jovifan93 07-16-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSantaFe (Post 1180204)
Backdoor to Heaven or Full Moon High should have definitely replaced 99 in the Shade imo :)

Ah, 99 In The Shade is such a fun song, reminds me of my high school time, driving around in my car in the summer sun, every time I listen to it :-)

Raz0r 07-16-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSantaFe (Post 1180204)

Blasphomy. You can't cut Tommy and Gina out of the NJ album.

nickolai 07-16-2014 05:23 PM

New Jersey is perfect as it is. Leave well alone

Rdkopper 07-16-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1180207)
Ah, 99 In The Shade is such a fun song, reminds me of my high school time, driving around in my car in the summer sun, every time I listen to it :-)

I totally hear that.... 99 is the perfect way to end the album and set up Love For Sale.

The final NJ song selections are perfect imo... There is an obvious goal to balance out an album between ballads, rockers, slow songs, etc so if you swap, 99 which is a faster upbeat song for Backdoor which is a little slower, it would throw off the balance. Backdoor for Livin In Sin would make for a better swap but LIS is brilliant and belongs on the final album.

All the demos (including Love Is War) really come off different to me then the final NJ tracks. It's not just because they are unfinished with the 80's style production / master but they just have a different overall vibe.

I wonder how they would mesh with the tracks as a completed double album? And I wonder if there are more NJ tracks out there still sitting in that vault?

bonjovi90 07-16-2014 06:21 PM

I wouldn't change one track on the original NJ either. Each one is important for the flow and the great texture of the album and belongs on there.

KSantaFe 07-16-2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1180212)
I wouldn't change one track on the original NJ either. Each one is important for the flow and the great texture of the album and belongs on there.

Fair enough, though 99 in the Shade doesn't do much for me. Maybe the record company should have just risked the higher prices for a double-album!

Savvi 07-17-2014 03:17 AM

99 In The Shade is such an under rated song. I love it.

I agree that the tracklist for NJ is (nearly) perfect, though ultimately if it was up to me I'd take out Homebound Train and replace it with Backdoor to Heaven.

I realise Homebound Train is different from nearly anything the band has done and has an edgier sound, but it really does nothing for me. It would be one of my least liked BJ song in their catalog. Would take 99 over it any day.

Grantos1 07-17-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1180210)
And I wonder if there are more NJ tracks out there still sitting in that vault?

I'm sure they'll be tracks that are less finished than the demos we just got, but Jon obviously doesn't want them heard due to not being near complete. I don't understand why they simply couldn't have put Rosie on there. It will be interesting if the next special edition is SWW and if all the demos that we have already heard appear on it.

Nige 07-17-2014 12:34 PM

Finally got my copy today as a belated birthday present! What a great release :D Started with the demos so haven't listened to the remastered album or watched AAA yet.

Slightly curiously itunes lists the demo CD as "Metal".

KSantaFe 07-17-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1180235)
Finally got my copy today as a belated birthday present! What a great release :D Started with the demos so haven't listened to the remastered album or watched AAA yet.

Slightly curiously itunes lists the demo CD as "Metal".

Yeah I found that strange too. It may have been considered metal back in the day, but by modern standards it doesn't really fit. "Rock" would have sufficed.

liljovi93 07-17-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSantaFe (Post 1180236)
Yeah I found that strange too. It may have been considered metal back in the day, but by modern standards it doesn't really fit. "Rock" would have sufficed.

I wouldn't worry too much. 'This Left Feels Right' is Gothic Rock apparently.

Raz0r 07-17-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1180239)
I wouldn't worry too much. 'This Left Feels Right' is Gothic Rock apparently.

lmfao, that's halarious. Where has it been classified as such? Goes to show how stupid grouping music into genre is.

liljovi93 07-17-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz0r (Post 1180240)
lmfao, that's halarious. Where has it been classified as such? Goes to show how stupid grouping music into genre is.

When you rip the album on iTunes that's the genre it gives it. I did laugh for a long time when I seen that.

Raz0r 07-17-2014 03:09 PM

I used to think Ride Cowboy Ride was the weakest track on the album. I didn't like the old timey sound it had on the album, and I thought it interupted the flow of the track list.

My opinion of it radically changed once seeing Jon and Richie perform it live in accustic. Now I appriciate how basic and raw it is, and it's one of my favorites.

rocker1981 07-17-2014 06:11 PM

Guys, have any of you got this Interview CD?
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=3303867

Interview with Jon and Richie, song by song on New Jersey. Talks about the double album idea, which songs didn't make it etc and why and songs like Wind is the Wind which did make it onto the full album as oppose to disc 2 and why....

Worth getting hold of a copy.

Bounce7800 07-17-2014 07:35 PM

Yes. I'll have to try and find it, its been a loooooooonnngggg time.

Supersonic 07-17-2014 07:51 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocker1981 (Post 1180247)

Interview with Jon and Richie, song by song on New Jersey. Talks about the double album idea, which songs didn't make it etc and why and songs like Wind is the Wind which did make it onto the full album as oppose to disc 2 and why....

Yeah, it's also a pretty good document as to how interested Jon was in regards to talking about the album, considering how he's constantly yawning and his attitude is nothing but "get it over with". Still, it's nice to hear what they had to say at the time, it's been years since I've heard it. :)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Lucas_Roli 07-17-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Can someone please post another link with this? For me it doesn't work,it says that the page has a redirect loop.

hayopkatalaga 07-18-2014 06:31 PM

Super deluxe albums

Hey friends!

I guess the burning question on all our minds is what albums in super deluxe mode are coming soon??? :confused:

In singapore they haven't brought in the super deluxe editions of new jersey because of the censorship authority..:cry:

can anyone share what is the quality of the dvd? is the footage good? or VHS quality?

Bon jovi management have given us nice demos..just a little dissapointing with does anybody really fall in love...the demos of this song we have are the better and complete versions that should have been released.Before this was released in july, i was hoping they would include demo versions of bad medicine and i'll be there for you...it's interesting to see the difference between the demo takes and the mastered songs.

i guess alot of fans just want alot of rare stuff that we are often a bit disappointed when stuff like these are released.

For the 30th anniversary, it was said that they are releasing live material later this year..hmm hope the live material is going to be spanning all the old eras..

James_86 07-19-2014 11:01 AM

Hey guys, haven't posted for a while although I've been keeping an eye on this thread.

Just wanted to share my thoughts on the NJ reissue.

I would just like to say how awesome it was hearing 'new' music from Jovi that oozes passion and creativity for a change. Finally having these songs in an official format, despite most being unfinished, is great and I can't stop listening even now, some two or three weeks after release.

Standouts for me include 'Growin' Up The Hard Way' 'Love Hurts' 'Backdoor To Heaven' and 'House of Fire.'

'Diamond Ring' might just be my favourite though. It almost has a doom metal vibe to it musically and actually reminds me of Sabbath/early HIM.

My only negative really is that no song on disc 2, nor 'Love Is War,' would realistically replace anything from the original album. Those songs are just too good to replace. At an absolute push I think 'House Of Fire' and 'Backdoor' could replace 'Medicine' and 'Wild Is The Wind' respectively.

Just my opinion

James

Crash_ 07-19-2014 11:44 AM

I'd like to ask about the Japanesse Super Deluxe edition - what is the exact difference vs. other countries?

Here are two product descriptions I found (second one is google translated from Japanesse):

The contents of this release will be identical to the worldwide release, except for SHM-CD format and a description with Japanese translation.
Comes with a description with Japanese translation, lyrics, and a booklet (hard-cover, subject to change).
Digipak. *Region code of included DVD is unknown.
Special Feature / Bonus Track: bonus tracks

- 2010 remastered
- CD: only Japan SHM-CD specification
- DVD: Japanese subtitles
- description of the (original liner / reason + Masanori Ito liner) with bilingual lyrics
- Blu-ray size inclusion (planned Hardcover enhanced the number of pages further Deluxe Edition) digipack
- booklet
- Bonus track

What I would like to know:

1. description with Japanese translation
- Is there a second booklet? / original booklet is in two languages? / is the original booklet only in Japanesse?

2. Comes with a description with Japanese translation, lyrics, and a booklet
- Is this description a second (additional) booklet?
- Is this description in Japanese only or in both languages?
- Do non-Japanesse editions also contain lyrics (if so, of both CDs or fonly irst one?)?

3. Region code of included DVD is unknown
Will it play in EU?

4. DVD: Japanese subtitles
Can they be swwitched off?

What I suspect is that there is a standard booklet plus an aditional booklet with liner notes and lyrics (additional booklet being either only in Japanesse or in both languages). What do you think?

Thanks for your help!

Rdkopper 07-21-2014 04:26 AM

Quote:

I do have it and actually never listened to it.... I'll have to check it out tomorrow!

Stut 07-21-2014 06:42 AM

Quote:

Those who have heard it, is the same interview?

FLAME-XIII 07-21-2014 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash_ (Post 1180313)

What I would like to know:

1. description with Japanese translation
- Is there a second booklet? / original booklet is in two languages? / is the original booklet only in Japanesse?

2. Comes with a description with Japanese translation, lyrics, and a booklet
- Is this description a second (additional) booklet?
- Is this description in Japanese only or in both languages?
- Do non-Japanesse editions also contain lyrics (if so, of both CDs or fonly irst one?)?

3. Region code of included DVD is unknown
Will it play in EU?

4. DVD: Japanese subtitles
Can they be swwitched off?

What I suspect is that there is a standard booklet plus an aditional booklet with liner notes and lyrics (additional booklet being either only in Japanesse or in both languages). What do you think?

Thanks for your help!

i don't have this edition yet, but i've ordered it and waiting, so i'll try to answer on an example of other japanese editions that i have.

There is always 2 booklets (or more), one in english and other in japanese, yes, usually it is the copy of original booklet info (lyrics, descriptions etc), but it's not image booklet, it's standart black and white booklet, and this booklet in japanese only.
(I like One Wild Night Live japanese release, coz it have a booklet with all tour dates 1983-2001.)
I'm not sure about region of this DVD, it's different sometimes. example of the latest releases that i have: HAND Tour Edition - Region 2, LH - Region 2, Circle - Region 2, AAA Box - Region 0, WAN - Region 0.
You can always switch off japanese subtitles.

Sossy 07-22-2014 12:22 AM

Hey Jovifans:p I haven´t been here for a while, so I don´t really know about what you are talking right now, I just read the last few posts:oops:

Well, I want to know what there will be else after the NJ Deluxe CD?
Because on the german universal website it says that there will be sth like an Album set... with more Albums, like the NJ Deluxe.. I don´t know more about that....

And I am worried, because on Bon Jovis Homepage was this thing with the # Bad Medicine Video. Why doesnt it go on? There is all silence about that:( :-?

I´m sorry, my english is too bad today, jt´s late here;)

jovifan93 07-22-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sossy (Post 1180444)
Hey Jovifans:p I haven´t been here for a while, so I don´t really know about what you are talking right now, I just read the last few posts:oops:

Well, I want to know what there will be else after the NJ Deluxe CD?
Because on the german universal website it says that there will be sth like an Album set... with more Albums, like the NJ Deluxe.. I don´t know more about that....

And I am worried, because on Bon Jovis Homepage was this thing with the # Bad Medicine Video. Why doesnt it go on? There is all silence about that:( :-?

I´m sorry, my english is too bad today, jt´s late here;)

Thanks for the tip with the German Universal Music website. Indeed, it says there:

"Der Startschuss fällt am 27. Juni mit der Veröffentlichung des bahnbrechenden Albums New Jersey als remasterte 1CD-Version, 2CD-Deluxe Version und 2CD/1DVD-Super Deluxe Version, sowie den jeweiligen Downloadversionen. Weitere Jubiläumseditionen, sowie neu zusammengestellte Sammlungen von Studio- und Liveaufnahmen erscheinen im Laufe des Jahres."

Which translates to something like:

"It starts on June 27th with the release of the groundbreaking album New Jersey as remastered 1CD version, 2CD Deluxe version and 2CD/1DVD Super Deluxe version, as well as the according download versions. More anniversary editions, as well as compilations of studio and live recordings, will be released later during the year."

Sounds good, can't wait for it :-)

FLAME-XIII 07-22-2014 09:30 PM

I hope for the These Days 20 anniversary next year :cool:

Crash_ 07-22-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLAME-XIII (Post 1180399)
i don't have this edition yet, but i've ordered it and waiting, so i'll try to answer on an example of other japanese editions that i have.

There is always 2 booklets (or more), one in english and other in japanese, yes, usually it is the copy of original booklet info (lyrics, descriptions etc), but it's not image booklet, it's standart black and white booklet, and this booklet in japanese only.
(I like One Wild Night Live japanese release, coz it have a booklet with all tour dates 1983-2001.)
I'm not sure about region of this DVD, it's different sometimes. example of the latest releases that i have: HAND Tour Edition - Region 2, LH - Region 2, Circle - Region 2, AAA Box - Region 0, WAN - Region 0.
You can always switch off japanese subtitles.

Hey, thanks for the info! Would you mind writing when you receive it?

FLAME-XIII 07-22-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash_ (Post 1180483)
Hey, thanks for the info! Would you mind writing when you receive it?

of course ;)

united17 07-26-2014 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hayopkatalaga (Post 1180280)
Hey friends!

In singapore they haven't brought in the super deluxe editions of new jersey because of the censorship authority..:cry:

Ordered on Amazon. If your total cart exceeds $135, free shipping, otherwise it's like $15~$20 and it made it through customs albeit with a 2 day delay.

DestinationJovi 07-26-2014 06:18 AM

I can't check through 108 pages. Can someone please tell me if the booklet comes with the NJ deluxe edition? Or is it only with the super deluxe edition with AAA?

I already have AAA, so if that's the only difference I'm going to get deluxe. But I want the booklet.

Anyone with deluxe mind filling me in? Thanks

DestinationJovi 07-26-2014 06:20 AM

What are all the new orange hyperlinked words throughout everyone's posts?? :confused:

bonjovi90 07-26-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1180657)
I can't check through 108 pages. Can someone please tell me if the booklet comes with the NJ deluxe edition? Or is it only with the super deluxe edition with AAA?

I already have AAA, so if that's the only difference I'm going to get deluxe. But I want the booklet.

Anyone with deluxe mind filling me in? Thanks

No, the 60-page booklet only comes with the super deluxe edition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1180658)
What are all the new orange hyperlinked words throughout everyone's posts?? :confused:

These are so-called infolinks. At first I thought my PC was infected with malware, but it seems to be on this forum only. I've no idea whether or even why one of the mods decided to use this?!
But, if you use Google Chrome, you can use the extension AdBlock which cuts it out just fine (I'm sure other add-ons in different browsers fulfill the same purpose).