Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

DestinationJovi 05-02-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1126281)
Its hard to tell if that was directed at Richie or not but i think it was. I've seen him get worse for screwing up anyway.

How about Tico at 6:50? :p

Jovimimi 05-02-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1126365)
Aloha !

Actually, it was Richie's guitarwork on Keep The Faith and Always that made me a fan and want to look for more music out there. I discovered the band because of Destination Anywhere, but became a fan because of Richie. Yes, I loved Jon's vocal delivery as well, but those are pretty much gone nowadays with the odd exception here and there. And now that I'm thinking back, yeah, once I found Stranger In This Town on a local fair and started digging into those songs I realized there was a lot more to Bon Jovi than just the songs.

While you're saying Richie's fingerprints are all over the song, I really disagree. Richie has mastered songs like I'll Be There For You, Keep The Faith and pretty much every guitar orientated song Bon Jovi has released, and without him, the songs are lacking something. I find Phil X a good guitar player, but not for a band who's got as many signature solo's like Bon Jovi has. You can't play Sweet Child O' Mine with an improvised solo, just like you can't play Keep The Faith with an improvised solo. I don't expect to hear a note for note rendition of the studio version, but I do expect to hear Bon Jovi with their signature sound. 1 member's already gone, the other's often barely capable of singing certain songs live, and now there's another member of the band down. Sorry, but that's a little too much for me.

So for me. the issue is that with every song that has a guitar solo in it I'll be thinking "nope, not as good as Richie" or something to that extent. I realize that's approaching things from a guitar players' point of view and I'm quite sure that plenty of fans don't really hear the difference, but down the line, I do, and why I don't care for solo shows of Jon playing songs with friends or whatever he surrounds himself with. Because usually whenever he plays Bon Jovi songs or songs of his own career with a bunch of different musicians they're much worse than what's on the records, no matter what rare song he'll pull out of the bag. If it's second rate; I don't want it.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I really like this message. It is spot on and also shows me a lot of emotion that I was not suspecting ...

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 05-02-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1126416)
I really like this message. It is spot on and also shows me a lot of emotion that I was not suspecting ...

Yeah you wouldn't think he got it in him seeing him at say a Richie solo show.

;)

But good post indeed.

The Rock 05-02-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1126416)

A very good post and same here, not what I was expecting. I have seen the Richie solo reviews and never would have seen a post like this coming.

MrNickel 05-02-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1126406)

What an ass. How can you be mad at Ticco, he's like the lovable grandad.

rolo_tomachi 05-02-2013 01:50 AM

Bon Jovi - You Give Love a Bad Name (Without Richie Sambora)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZM2K...tu.be#t=02m17s

Phil X and Bobby know shine. :D

The Rock 05-02-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1126398)
This was my take on it, too, at least once he started talking about docking David's pay. The other thing that bothered me about this is that if you turn the situation around, I highly doubt the other band members would ever dare do something similar to Jon onstage.

I've seen over reaction on this board but this clip really takes the cake. They are friends for 30 years, David and Jon longer and yet we the fans are going to tell them how to react with each other? It was clearly a joke and maybe edged on more from the reaction to the crowd. Contrary to popular belief, Jon and David are good friends off stage. They have known each other since teenagers, their families are close (including extended) and they both live in Jersey. It was a joke.

When you are with your friends, would you like others to tell you how to react? you could kid each other and take the piss but at the end of the day, it's all good humor. Others might look at your friends and think WTF but you understand each other.

Emisambora 05-02-2013 01:51 AM

‏@PennyBeardmore 40min
@MatthewBongiovi Matt - seen a fair few rumours today about Rich been ill ..... any chance you could confirm or 'unconfirm' this? xx

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 38min
@PennyBeardmore don't believe the hype. He's not dying lol.

Emisambora 05-02-2013 01:53 AM

@JayHarrisPT 35min
@MatthewBongiovi What is up with Richie then? Is it a falling out with Jon? Illness? Or neither?

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 33min
@JayHarrisPT nothing to do with Jon or the band at all

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 05-02-2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emisambora (Post 1126435)
@JayHarrisPT 35min
@MatthewBongiovi What is up with Richie then? Is it a falling out with Jon? Illness? Or neither?

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 33min
@JayHarrisPT nothing to do with Jon or the band at all

Ehhh ok. So what does that leave out. Rehab? Square one for this thread too? And Matt going 'lol'? Yeah, I find the whole situation extremely hilarious. :-o