Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

rokenrola 10-10-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1154409)
That's commercial success. One does not have to sell out stadiums and have a #1 album to be deemed successful. And it certainly doesn't mean they're "nothing" if they don't, as was said upthread.

I agree with you,but today commercial success is real success,big stadiums and arenas,millions copies cd sold,other way you don't exist

rolo_tomachi 10-10-2013 11:53 PM

Jon Bon Jovi Success: The attainment of wealth, position, honors, or the like.

Richie Sambora Success: The favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors; the accomplishment of one's goals.

If the quality of an artist/album/song is measured by how many money it makes... you can go and listen the last hit single from Miley Cyrus, she is SOMEONE.

Richie isn't nothing, he is/was the guitar player and songwriter of BON JOVI, he is already SOMEONE. He's earned that right in or out from BON JOVI.

Bon Jovi on Tv -promoting his new album "What About Now":

Because We Can: What About Now Amen:
Richie Sambora on Tv -promoting his new album "Aftermath":

Every Road: Seven Years Gone: Sugar Daddy:

Panda 10-11-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1154415)
I'll say what I wish

That's not a nice thing to say.

rolo_tomachi 10-11-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1154416)
That's not a nice thing to say.

Nickolai "is nothing without" arrogance.:)

luceknight 10-11-2013 01:09 AM

did u guys ****ing see the ****ing cover they just updated on the official facebook page?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...61719244_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0821999&type=1

JFC looks like a really bad photoshop someone angry did to say "HEY HE'S GONE OK? HERE...HAVE OUR NEW BAND NOW"

bjcrazycpa 10-11-2013 02:10 AM

I don't think there's a message it's just showing the 3 who have been touring for the last 6 months.

Javier 10-11-2013 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1154427)
I don't think there's a message it's just showing the 3 who have been touring for the last 6 months.

Bingo!!! People love conspiracies!!! lol.....

luceknight 10-11-2013 02:44 AM

I think it says clearly he's not in the band anymore...

joriile 10-11-2013 02:55 AM

Luke Ebbin just twittered this

Luke Ebbin ‏@Lukeebbin 26m
Looking forward to getting the band back together for the big @dreamfound gala. @TheRealSambora @mattrollings88 @Curtschneid

The Rock 10-11-2013 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1154427)

That's the way I looked at it too. He hasn't been on this tour. It's just a cover picture of the BWC tour.

GabrielC 10-11-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joriile (Post 1154431)
Luke Ebbin just twittered this

Luke Ebbin ‏@Lukeebbin 26m
Looking forward to getting the band back together for the big @dreamfound gala. @TheRealSambora @mattrollings88 @Curtschneid

Looking forward to it too! Maybe after Richie saw all that he did in twitter, maybe he will play something from a Soundtrack or US, but I doubt it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by luceknight (Post 1154424)
did u guys ****ing see the ****ing cover they just updated on the official facebook page?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...61719244_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0821999&type=1

JFC looks like a really bad photoshop someone angry did to say "HEY HE'S GONE OK? HERE...HAVE OUR NEW BAND NOW"

Err, not trying to cause a shitstorm, but anyone noticed that little guitar player in the left, between the "band" photo and Jon's photo?

luceknight 10-11-2013 08:09 AM

omg look it's mini Phil

liljovi93 10-11-2013 10:23 AM

If it had Richie in it, people would be complaining that it is false advertising or whatever...

Now he isn't in it, people are going mad.

We won't know anything until after the tour ends. I would be very surprised if we did due to how long this mess has gone on for.

CKatz 10-11-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1154444)
If it had Richie in it, people would be complaining that it is false advertising or whatever...

Now he isn't in it, people are going mad.

We won't know anything until after the tour ends. I would be very surprised if we did due to how long this mess has gone on for.

Technically the official facebook is supposed to represent the band and not just a tour. That's why so many are upset. If Richie is still a member, then they keep sending the wrong message. If this is indeed their way of saying that Richie is gone then it's a disrespectful way of doing it. Either way, I understand why some would be angry about this.

crashed 10-11-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1154445)
Technically the official facebook is supposed to represent the band and not just a tour. That's why so many are upset. If Richie is still a member, then they keep sending the wrong message. If this is indeed their way of saying that Richie is gone then it's a disrespectful way of doing it. Either way, I understand why some would be angry about this.

Yet the same people aren't upset that Richie just wandered off of the tour?

CKatz 10-11-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1154446)
Yet the same people aren't upset that Richie just wandered off of the tour?

That's not true for everyone. Some are level-headed enough to recognize that nobody is handling this situation appropriately.

crashed 10-11-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1154447)
That's not true for everyone. Some are level-headed enough to recognize that nobody is handling this situation appropriately.

But there are plenty who are pissed at this picture - yet at the same time almost rejoicing that Richie is jamming with his fabric or whatever.

In my opinion Richie has chosen not to be on the tour, so to expect him to be in band photos until that situation resolves itself is just a little far-fetched as far as I'm concerned, but that's just my thoughts on it. I really doubt there's any hidden messages though. If it had Phil X in the picture that might be different.

golittleperson 10-11-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1154439)
Looking forward to it too! Maybe after Richie saw all that he did in twitter, maybe he will play something from a Soundtrack or US, but I doubt it.

Err, not trying to cause a shitstorm, but anyone noticed that little guitar player in the left, between the "band" photo and Jon's photo?

I had not seen that at all. I'm not going to get upset about it though. This is who is currently touring - trying not to see anything more. As to the hand pic - looking at the guys, and I saw on FB so I'll agree here, it's the first night Tico was back. The hair, clothes.... David is almost hugging him. That pic is Tico front and center and smiling - it's about him being back. I'll take it as that and not a Richie conspiracy.

If anyone catches anything more about Ebbin's tweet for the charity event, please post. The AMOL group seemed to like playing together. I'm not in LA so not like I could go, but anything that pulls the Guitar man back to music (non lund controlled like CBAM appeared) is a plus to me. I've accepted he's off tour - still can't fathom out of the band yet. :(

Jonty 10-11-2013 02:31 PM

who cares any more.

luceknight 10-11-2013 04:54 PM

Richie is an ass for what he did...he had no right to leave the tour and abandon the band and the fans like that for follow his dream of sewing. But what bothers me in that pic is basically two things.
One is that its only written "Bon Jovi". I thought abt the tour thing but theres only the name of the band in the pic...no "bwc" or even "2013 tour" or whatever like it usually had last tour. It really looks like they're telling us that is the band now.
And the second thing is exactly that...the way theyre telling us. If indeed Richies not in the band anymore thats a very poor way to tells us.
They know the situation is delicate and that cover is too explict in...well, not having Richie.
But well...yea it's just a stupid pic they updated on facebook I know...maybe it doesnt mean anything.
Maybe the only person who can say anything is Richie...hes the one to decide and announce if hes in or out.
And I keep thinking this silence is a disrespect to the fans...I wish I wouldnt care anymore.

Supersonic 10-11-2013 05:22 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1154456)
The AMOL group seemed to like playing together.

When was that exactly? I never got a band vibe from them at all, Richie seemed to be the only one convinced they were a genuine band.

And in regards to the Facebook picture; if Bon Jovi nowadays is really in the stage of posting sublimal hints through pictures I'm rather glad I don't give a shit anymore.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Sambo-Chris 10-11-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luceknight (Post 1154464)
Maybe the only person who can say anything is Richie...hes the one to decide and announce if hes in or out.

Wrong. He is not the Speaker of the band so it's not his Job to announce something.

rolo_tomachi 10-11-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1154467)
Aloha !

When was that exactly? I never got a band vibe from them at all, Richie seemed to be the only one convinced they were a genuine band.

And in regards to the Facebook picture; if Bon Jovi nowadays is really in the stage of posting sublimal hints through pictures I'm rather glad I don't give a shit anymore.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I agree with you. Although I think that "Aftermath of The Lowdown" sounds more like a rock band than a solo singer, hell, sounds like a real team compared to "What About Now".

About the Facebook picture. in my opinion, is a failed attempt to deliver a message as "we are a band together".

Stiggy 10-11-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1154486)
About the Facebook picture. in my opinion, is a failed attempt to deliver a message as "we are a band together".

& failing... i read the comments & all jons defenders are females... richies are predomately males.. cos i guess jon makes eye contact with fans.. richie doesn't... he just jams..

rolo_tomachi 10-11-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiggy (Post 1154487)
& failing... i read the comments & all jons defenders are females... richies are predomately males.. cos i guess jon makes eye contact with fans.. richie doesn't... he just jams..

Wrong. The fangirls do not need that picture to support the band/Tour, the fangirls just need a picture of Jon smilingly.

That image of "united group", is intentional, but it just does not work, at least not to me.

Stiggy 10-11-2013 10:18 PM

yeh i guess my point is they are thinking "jon is god.. we dont care what he does, hes our god!!.. our good american golden boy." richie has more talents.. jon is nuthin more than a charmer with white fake teeth . :D

rolo_tomachi 10-11-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiggy (Post 1154489)
yeh i guess my point is they are thinking "jon is god.. we dont care what he does, hes our god!!.. our good american golden boy." richie has more talents.. jon is nuthin more than a charmer with white fake teeth . :D

Jon is a great talent, the problem is that I do not buy Bon Jovi without the duo "Jon & Richie". So he can keep trying to deceive the fans like me to believe that Bon Jovi is that shit picture, but can't buy me. It makes me laugh by the way, as it is supposed to be showing team spirit or something, but only we see a lot of hands and the face of Jon, David and Tico.

JBJ want to be like Bruce and the E Street Band. Converting the band in this, is a mistake.

nickolai 10-11-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Yeah but what's he done wrong?

semigoodlookin 10-11-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1154467)
Aloha !

Totally agree, Richie was talking big as if it was a real band, and even suggesting that they were all some kind of musical kindred spirits. He was obviously happy with the vibe though, but aside from Richie they sort of look like a pub band of middle aged men.

rolo_tomachi 10-11-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1154493)
Yeah but what's he done wrong?

He not have their own fashion clothing business.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.luxist.co...80cs021811.jpg

JoviJovi 10-11-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Oh please, take a look at the fangirls on twitter for Richie. Traveling to see "their king" in a fracking shopping mall.

rolo_tomachi 10-11-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1154495)
Totally agree, Richie was talking big as if it was a real band, and even suggesting that they were all some kind of musical kindred spirits. He was obviously happy with the vibe though, but aside from Richie they sort of look like a pub band of middle aged men.

Yeah, His musicians are honest, they are not fooling anyone. In current Bon Jovi tour, they are with "false happy attitude" and their constant "forced smiles" all the show, believing they are part of something, that's pathetic.

The Richie's Musicians are authentic. They haven't a fake smile, you can feel that it all gives a ****, and this is very cool.

Stiggy 10-11-2013 11:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1154497)
Oh please, take a look at the fangirls on twitter for Richie. Traveling to see "their king" in a fracking shopping mall.

yeh point taken...

semigoodlookin 10-12-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1154498)
Yeah, His musicians are honest, they are not fooling anyone. In current Bon Jovi tour, they are with "false happy attitude" and their constant "forced smiles" all the show, believing they are part of something, that's pathetic.

The Richie's Musicians are authentic. They haven't a fake smile, you can feel that it all gives a ****, and this is very cool.

I know, I am not really saying anything about their integrity, just that it is more a case of Richie Sambora plus background musicians than the united band vibe Richie was putting across. Letīs be honest, the Aftermath band just blended into the background at shows, it was hardly a band dynamic.

As for Bon Jovi, I donīt disagree, especially from Jon the falseness is obvious and pointless. Plenty of rock stars have had and continue to have careers despite being dicks, so if Jon really canīt be bothered he should just act that way, I bet people would still show up. In fact they sort of have.

rolo_tomachi 10-12-2013 12:06 AM

How much do you think that Richie will be with this girl? he does not have much luck with women, so it's only a matter of time.

semigoodlookin 10-12-2013 12:10 AM

Whatīs with Richieīs eyes in that pic? Mascara?

rolo_tomachi 10-12-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1154500)
I know, I am not really saying anything about their integrity, just that it is more a case of Richie Sambora plus background musicians than the united band vibe Richie was putting across. Letīs be honest, the Aftermath band just blended into the background at shows, it was hardly a band dynamic.

I agree with you. However, on the album (not concerts), it sounds like a band.

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1154502)
Whatīs with Richieīs eyes in that pic? Mascara?

Richie passed to the power of the dark side. No longer a Jedi, he is a Sith. Or maybe, he will be in the next Ozzy album.

Stiggy 10-12-2013 01:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
oh man..:(

no recent images..

semigoodlookin 10-12-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiggy (Post 1154505)
oh man..:(

What the actual **** is going on? So is he an EMO or something now?

Man I used to ****ing love this guy. Damn you Richie Sambora, although I suppose by time I am his age I hope I either have my dignity (he hasnīt got his) or am such a mess that I donīt give a **** either way (he is).

Captain_jovi 10-12-2013 01:11 AM

He's been wearing eyeliner off and on for years, let's not get all crazy here.