Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

steel_horse75 04-09-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1121133)
that podcast is very interesting

They may have been right about the show - dont know as I wasnt there but I think the criticism of the album is way over the top.

Roll 04-09-2013 03:07 PM

At the moment, I just wish Richie left the band so that he may bless us on a more regular basis with his heavenly inspiration. I listen to World right now, greatest Bon Jovi tune in years, for sure! The guitar is truly amazing on this one, I can see why it took 14 years to be completed! I'm glad to see how good Richie can be when he's unleashed. Evil Jon!

RonJovi 04-09-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1121143)
I want to clarify this by saying I am certainly not a'Jon-Hater' or a 'Richie-Lover' (Christ, this must be what life is like on a One Direction message board!) I was just responding to a post and telling you what a very well-placed and trusted colleague and I discussed.

That's it. You're a f**kin genius. Get one of the One Direction boys in to replace Richie. Harry Styles maybe.

That way you crack a whole new market, the under 14s - therefore you're relevant. Harry wouldn't need to be able to play guitar because Bon Jovi don't have guitar in their songs anymore and there would be no danger of rehab because he isn't old enough to drink.

Jovimimi 04-09-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1121144)
They may have been right about the show - dont know as I wasnt there but I think the criticism of the album is way over the top.

they are very focused on the fact the album is for housewives (one guy is not really into bon jovi today (the host) and the guest is a huge fan who happen to be higly disappointed by this last album) .... An album for housewives and you don't have balls if you love it as a male fan ... I am betting a lot of guys listeners felt castrated ... ahhh LOL .... but this is the typical way do sound serious for a man talking : the infamous balls mention ..... you have them or not ?? (extremely sexist way of thinking ... if it is for housewives it is BAD but I must say that I UNDERSTAND what they mean though and I don't feel concerned by the references)
I think the album is easy to the ears totally (musically it is not very complicated - but for people liking the classic rock bands from the 80's it is too easy too formatted for a not too demanding audience who wants romance and crafted quick and cheap and it is mellow ...
I am quite speechless that none of the guys mention Richie and booze or bimbos but just issues with the whole system. It seems to me that this time what I call *the bon jovi machine propaganda* didn't work

Beaky 04-09-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1121146)
That's it. You're a f**kin genius. Get one of the One Direction boys in to replace Richie. Harry Styles maybe.

That way you crack a whole new market, the under 14s - therefore you're relevant. Harry wouldn't need to be able to play guitar because Bon Jovi don't have guitar in their songs anymore and there would be no danger of rehab because he isn't old enough to drink.

Superb! Harry Styles for Bon Jovi! Nice shout... although isn't he the one who's a bit off a shagger? Dorothea will NOT like that...

RonJovi 04-09-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1121148)
Superb! Harry Styles for Bon Jovi! Nice shout... although isn't he the one who's a bit off a shagger? Dorothea will NOT like that...

Ah this is a good point. Maybe Dorothea in for Richie and re-name the band.

The new band could be to Bon Jovi what Wings were to the Beatles?

Or get one of Little Mix in?

Living_on_my_Hair 04-09-2013 03:49 PM

So, update me then. Something about Tom Cruise replacing Bobby, Richie's joined a cult, and Dorothea and One Direction's Harry to join?

Right, thanks. Need to keep up to speed :)

Andi

RonJovi 04-09-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1121155)
So, update me then. Something about Tom Cruise replacing Bobby, Richie's joined a cult, and Dorothea and One Direction's Harry to join?

Right, thanks. Need to keep up to speed :)

Andi

Yep. Bobby is off to form an ironic tribute act to an all time great.

The act will be known as Jimi No-Trix. His playing will be better suited to it.

idbl_fanatic 04-09-2013 04:05 PM

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 1m

Folks it's up to Richie to make an official statement and nobody else. He WILL be back on the road

Walkerboy 04-09-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1121143)
I want to clarify this by saying I am certainly not a'Jon-Hater' or a 'Richie-Lover' (Christ, this must be what life is like on a One Direction message board!) I was just responding to a post and telling you what a very well-placed and trusted colleague and I discussed.

Apparently one of 1Direction yesterday tweeted after Thatcher's death that he had no idea who she was, but was probably something to do with the Queen.

I worry for this country........ Then again, if kids these days are trying to be pop stars instead of getting an education, it's no wonder they are thick as....

Along the same lines, and still way off topic - I believe on of the trending topics on Twitter testerday was either "nowthatchersdead" or "nowthatchersgone" (can't remember which), resulting in lots of people thinking that either Cher or Cher Lloyd had died!

Walkerboy 04-09-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1121160)

Folks it's up to Richie to make an official statement and nobody else. He WILL be back on the road

On a wagon or falling of it onto the road again??? ;)

danfan 04-09-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Matt is such a wanker. Just shut the hell up with your damn tweeting if you've got nothing useful to say.

ticos_stick 04-09-2013 04:19 PM

This is a cluster ****. Do they not realise there's at least five of us who won't go to the shows without Richie? They need to say when he'll be back or at least say they don't know.

Walkerboy 04-09-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1121165)
This is a cluster ****. Do they not realise there's at least five of us who won't go to the shows without Richie? They need to say when he'll be back or at least say they don't know.

To be honest, with all the "casuals" who don't read the gutter-press etc. or frequent the forums, there's going to be a hell of a lot of people who will be turning up for shows, expecting Richie to be playing as they're oblivious to it all.

ticos_stick 04-09-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1121166)
To be honest, with all the "casuals" who don't read the gutter-press etc. or frequent the forums, there's going to be a hell of a lot of people who will be turning up for shows, expecting Richie to be playing as they're oblivious to it all.

True. I imagine I'd be a little bit sick in my mouth if that happened to me.

Beaky 04-09-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1121166)

Oh I love those people... I prefer the ladies who literally LIVE for Jon. They kill me. Imagine if they stumbled upon this thread?

"I don't know who this Richie Sambongo is but if he's hurt Jon physically or emotionally I WILL KILL HIM AND EVERY ONE OF YOU."

I swear I saw that on a t-shirt once.

Living_on_my_Hair 04-09-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1121167)
True. I imagine I'd be a little bit sick in my mouth if that happened to me.

I had a friend who went to see GNR/Axl a couple of years back and didn't even notice Slash and co. weren't there. Actually, I believe her exact words were ''what's slash? No, I don't think they played it''. A little bit of me died inside that day.

That is the definition of a casual fan. They played Sweet child of mine, paradise city and ''the big long one with the cool video'', so she was happy! I am sure there are the equivalent Bon Jovi casual fans who are just as clueless.

Andi

Beaky 04-09-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Matt is very clever, he knows Richie cannot physically make a statement because he is up to his neck in dirty lady-parts and his only free hand is required to open the booze...

danfan 04-09-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1121174)
That is the definition of a casual fan. They played Sweet child of mine, paradise city and ''the big long one with the cool video'', so she was happy!

I would have kicked her in the head.

jbjhand 04-09-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1121175)
Matt is very clever, he knows Richie cannot physically make a statement because he is up to his neck in dirty lady-parts and his only free hand is required to open the booze...

:) actually just spat my water out!

Beaky 04-09-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1121177)
:) actually just spat my water out!

He can't help it... that's what the water made him...

idbl_fanatic 04-09-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1121179)
He can't help it... that's what the water made him...

Oh lord.......... :)

WillRunForChocolate 04-09-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1121170)
Oh I love those people... I prefer the ladies who literally LIVE for Jon. They kill me. Imagine if they stumbled upon this thread?

"I don't know who this Richie Sambongo is but if he's hurt Jon physically or emotionally I WILL KILL HIM AND EVERY ONE OF YOU."

I swear I saw that on a t-shirt once.

OMG. I am DYING. Hysterical. This from an admitted Jon lover. My bias doesn't make me oblivious to the other band members or quality of the music :)

Please stop with the entertaining posts. I'm supposed to be working, lol.

RonJovi 04-09-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1121174)
I had a friend who went to see GNR/Axl a couple of years back and didn't even notice Slash and co. weren't there. Actually, I believe her exact words were ''what's slash? No, I don't think they played it''. A little bit of me died inside that day.

That is the definition of a casual fan. They played Sweet child of mine, paradise city and ''the big long one with the cool video'', so she was happy! I am sure there are the equivalent Bon Jovi casual fans who are just as clueless.

Andi

I hope when you say "had a friend" that you no longer associate with her?

aljo 04-09-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1120864)
Regarding if no one cared...

I've had 3 people text or call me asking what's up with Richie Sambora. THREE. I didn't even know they liked Bon Jovi, let alone cared. They're probably just snooping or whatever but it's funny how many people actually do care.

I work in a school and had 5 people come up to me (not fans) and ask what's going on with Richie and the band too.

danfan 04-09-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aljo (Post 1121185)
I work in a school and had 5 people come up to me (not fans) and ask what's going on with Richie and the band too.

I think people care in the way they care that Rhianna and Chris Brown just broke up. It's tabloid fodder that people like to chit-chat about. As a society, we're very interested in pop culture. I don't think any of these people would bat an eyelash if Richie never came back to the band.

Beaky 04-09-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1121187)
I think people care in the way they care that Rhianna and Chris Brown just broke up. It's tabloid fodder that people like to chit-chat about. As a society, we're very interested in pop culture. I don't think any of these people would bat an eyelash if Richie never came back to the band.

Absolutely... they just want to know if he is tucked away somewhere in pain. Pure shadenfreude...

Tooka 04-09-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairtex444 (Post 1121112)

It's not interesting and not impressive at any level. I left them the following comment:

"This is the first time i listen to you guys. I am sorry to say I won't be leaving a 4 star review on Itunes because it is clear that you are not well prepared for your show, some of the dates your mentioned are off, some of the examples you used are irrelevant and most of your show is based on assumptions, stereotypes and rumors."

AnnieKTF 04-09-2013 06:17 PM

A friend has been trying to convince me that Richie left the band for sure, and then sent me a link to a tabloid article as a proof. Later he admitted that maybe I know more to the story than what was written in that article. It was basically a summary of what TMZ had published.

Some have asked me how I felt about it, but they didn't really care about the story itself. People in my circle who know what's going on only know it because I can't stop whining since last week.

I think there are plenty of people in Europe that wouldn't notice Richie's absence and those who don't care. It wasn't once that people approached me, said they were fans and started talking about Bon Jovi, and then they referred to them as "he". :rolleyes: Never talked to them again. :lol: And my friends know that one of the easiest ways to tick me off is to refer to band's work as Jon's.

The situation is getting a little bit out of hand, if Richie wants to keep things private, fine, but let us know WHEN he is coming back, not just that he will be back... Preferably not through Matt's tweets...

Living_on_my_Hair 04-09-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tooka (Post 1121193)
It's not interesting and not impressive at any level. I left them the following comment:

"This is the first time i listen to you guys. I am sorry to say I won't be leaving a 4 star review on Itunes because it is clear that you are not well prepared for your show, some of the dates your mentioned are off, some of the examples you used are irrelevant and most of your show is based on assumptions, stereotypes and rumors."

It was totally ridiculous. The presenter just likes the sound of his own voice, and kept trying to put words in the others guys mouth as well. Totally off with dates, numbers, statistics (8 new songs played in a row? What?) and he kept talking about balls. And he also seemed to believe that Richie was intending to solo tour in february this year and big evil Jon wouldn't let him, as well as several other false facts and/or rumours.
It felt more like one of our threads on Jovitalk actually. Ah well, it's not like it was on national radio or anything, so I needn't be too fussed.

Andi

RonJovi 04-09-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieKTF (Post 1121194)
It wasn't once that people approached me, said they were fans and started talking about Bon Jovi, and then they referred to them as "he". :rolleyes: Never talked to them again. :lol: And my friends know that one of the easiest ways to tick me off is to refer to band's work as Jon's.

All of us feel that pain but I can sort of understand it from the general public's point of view because the lines do get blurred.

What I can't understand or forgive is a journalist writing the first sentence in this article which makes no sense from a grammatical point of view or from a factual point of view.

http://www.businessinsider.com/richi...vi-tour-2013-4

crashed 04-09-2013 06:29 PM

I hate to say it, but in this case I agree with Matt.

It's clear that whatever the issue is - it is Richie's to talk about and no-one from Bon Jovi is going to break their silence over it. It's that brotherhood mentality.

Whatever it is - I'd imagine the last thing Richie wants is to be dealing with the press and the crazy Bon Jovi fans, which is why except from one tweet attempting to calm the hysteria, which didn't work at all, we've heard nothing from him.

It's probably a shitstorm in a teacup. Except the repercussions of it could be far reaching - I doubt whatever the issue is would spell the end for the band, but all this chaos surrounding it could make any band member just decide they don't need this sort of drama anymore.

Tooka 04-09-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1121196)
It was totally ridiculous. The presenter just likes the sound of his own voice, and kept trying to put words in the others guys month as well. Totally off with dates, numbers, statistics (8 new songs played in a row? What?) and he kept talking about balls. And he also seemed to believe that Richie was intending to solo tour in february this year and big evil Jon wouldn't let him, as well as several other false facts and/or rumours.
It felt more like one of our threads on Jovitalk actually. Ah well, it's not like it was on national radio or anything, so I needn't be too fussed.

Andi

Fair play to him he commented back and i basically told him something very similar to what yo usaid here.

BonJoviFan14 04-09-2013 06:34 PM

Hopefully BonJoviFan14 won't take it personally and will keep posting.[/QUOTE]

Thank you to those that stuck up for me its appreciated, I will be sticking around maybe just more in the background! Loving the thread, very entertaining. :)

Tooka 04-09-2013 06:39 PM

Maybe drifting off a bit here, but I just realized why WAN doesn't have much guitar work. Got this form Wikipedia - the songwriter credits says it all:

1. "Because We Can"
Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora, Billy Falcon 4:00

2. "I'm With You"
Bon Jovi, John Shanks 3:44

3. "What About Now"
Bon Jovi, Shanks 3:44

4. "Pictures of You"
Bon Jovi, Sambora, Shanks 3:58

5. "Amen"
Bon Jovi, Falcon 4:12

6. "That's What the Water Made Me"
Bon Jovi, Falcon 4:25

7. "What's Left of Me"
Bon Jovi, Sambora, Falcon 4:35

8. "Army of One"
Bon Jovi, Sambora, Desmond Child 4:34

9. "Thick as Thieves"
Bon Jovi, Sambora, Shanks 4:57

10. "Beautiful World"
Bon Jovi, Falcon 3:48

11. "Room at the End of the World"
Bon Jovi, Shanks 5:02

12. "The Fighter"
Bon Jovi 4:37

Alphavictim 04-09-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1121176)
I would have kicked her in the head.

Are you really 37 years old?

FLAME-XIII 04-09-2013 06:47 PM

Bobby Bandiera stole many Richie's solo during the shows, i believe it was a Jon's idea about additional guitarist

TwinFan 04-09-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tooka (Post 1121201)
8. "Army of One"
Bon Jovi, Sambora, Desmond Child 4:34

It took 3 seasoned songwriters to create "never give up never give up never give up never give up never give up never give up never give up never give up never give up never give up never give up"?!!?!

samboraisgodUK 04-09-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1121205)
It took 3 seasoned songwriters to create "never give up never give up never give up never give up never give up never give up never give up never give up never give up never give up never give up"?!!?!

Don't even get me started on this shit. I still cannot understand how people like this song.

Tooka 04-09-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1121205)

LOL i'm with you but at least there is a solo!!

I'm just pointing at how little Richie had to do with this album, whether it was his choice or not that I don't know.