Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Stiggy 10-13-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1154610)
Agreed. A friend of mine went to this thing and she said they were hours late and when they got there NO apology at all. When she had her picture taken with Richie and Nikki, neither of them got up from their stools and her take on Richie was that he seemed well under the influence...now, that was her take so. She did say there were maybe 80 people there, maybe.

i hope yr mistaken he is under alcohol once again.. say it isn't so.. that is sad.. or maybe yr friends are jon freaks & want richie to look bad? :(

Lisa71 10-13-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiggy (Post 1154639)
i hope yr mistaken he is under alcohol once again.. say it isn't so.. that is sad.. or maybe yr friends are jon freaks & want richie to look bad? :(

Have you seen the pictures of him at this event? Judge for yourself.

Someone who was there, asked about Bon Jovi. He smiled and said maybe he will be back.

Bounce7800 10-13-2013 09:04 PM

Well he is certainly under the influence of The Lund at the very least

KeepTheFaith2211 10-13-2013 09:04 PM

The guy looks a frigging mess. And it's not age to blame.

Lisa71 10-13-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

No Jon Freaks need to make Richie look bad. He does it himself.

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail...hoto/184261647

joloriquelme 10-13-2013 09:51 PM

All of this makes me turn my vision about this problem.

Once, I throught that Richie left the tour because he wanted his "solo year" (solo album, solo Tour).

But now, seeing that this crazy man is selling T-shirts at a Mall Store INSTEAD of doing anything but the thing that we make us follow him (music), three hours late, with his hair messed up, and maybe who knows what kind of breath after a couple of whiskys...

...Jon "asked" him to leave.

And that makes me feel very embarassed about my reaction to his past concert in Santiago last month. He was there, after all, singing and sounding like crap, but there, like a professional.

I even skipped 'Always' and went home earlier. Jezz.

Forget it, the concert was crap anyway. Jon should had cancel the tour.

Jolo.

JoviJovi 10-13-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

I don't think someone going there with the intent to make Richie look bad would wait around for an extra 3 hrs. I would have left after an hour thinking he wasn't going to show since we know his track record.

It's my faith 10-13-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joloriquelme (Post 1154648)
...Jon "asked" him to leave.

Jolo.

Yep. It is more clear now that Richie doesn't have Music as his greatest priority. He've got bored or something....

Stiggy 10-13-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1154640)
Have you seen the pictures of him at this event? Judge for yourself.

i dont see a mess I see a 54yr old man :confused::rolleyes:

bjcrazycpa 10-13-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

No, she was looking for anything and everything to say positive and give him the benefit of the doubt. When she spoke with him, albeit brief, she said he repeated the question of "how you doin" twice and was slurring his words. She even said she was hoping she was wrong as this was the first time she'd met him.

JoviJovi 10-13-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiggy (Post 1154653)
i dont see a mess I see a 54yr old man :confused::rolleyes:

Definitely looking through rose colored glasses then.

Stiggy 10-13-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1154654)
No, she was looking for anything and everything to say positive and give him the benefit of the doubt. When she spoke with him, albeit brief, she said he repeated the question of "how you doin" twice and was slurring his words. She even said she was hoping she was wrong as this was the first time she'd met him.

:(:cry: sad..

Kathleen 10-13-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

That is so sad :( In my own mind I have really tried to come up with any excuse for him doing what he did. I really WANT him to have a good reason for leaving. Unfortunately, all these months later all we see is a mess of a guy, showing up late for one of his own functions. I hate that he has let himself go that far :(

KeepTheFaith2211 10-13-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1154655)
Definitely looking through rose colored glasses then.

Agreed. He looks bad.

rolo_tomachi 10-14-2013 12:50 AM

I hope he recovers. He is 54 years if still consuming alcohol or drugs, can die at any time. I do not want that.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9907/bx08.jpg

:cry:

luceknight 10-14-2013 12:53 AM

most depressing thread on JT ever....
and it does feel like he doesn't want it anymore, does it...the "maybe" could've been "whatever"...I don't think he cares anymore.
shit, son...

KeepTheFaith2211 10-14-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1154665)
I hope he recovers. He is 54 years if still consuming alcohol or drugs, can die at any time. I do not want that.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9907/bx08.jpg

:cry:

Jim Morrison <3

Captain_jovi 10-14-2013 03:23 AM

I really really don't think Jon asked Richie to leave. That's a crazy theory that doesn't link up with anything.

TwinFan 10-14-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1154672)
That's a crazy theory that doesn't link up with anything.

And therefore it fits perfectly on this forum.

golittleperson 10-14-2013 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1154672)
I really really don't think Jon asked Richie to leave. That's a crazy theory that doesn't link up with anything.

Can't imagine Jon ask him to leave and left them with no guitarist back when this started, even for just one show. Now, if you buy into what I've only heard about as I'm not on the inside - the Lund DM's Jon won't let Richie "back" even though he wanted to??? Consider the source. For all we know - it could be AEG and a contract clause with them or the carrier.
Even the boss, has bosses.

LeaJovi 10-14-2013 08:10 AM

You can only get so high.. :rolleyes:

CKatz 10-14-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

If that was truly the case, then more people who were at the event would be talking about that. Your friend is the only one. Everyone else said they had great conversations with him.
No offense, but I think your friend is full of it.

bjcrazycpa 10-14-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1154684)
If that was truly the case, then more people who were at the event would be talking about that. Your friend is the only one. Everyone else said they had great conversations with him.
No offense, but I think your friend is full of it.

She has no motive to lie and did say she hasn't met him before so maybe this was him. She wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. But, what she reported was "her" take on things so take it for what you will.

steel_horse75 10-14-2013 02:01 PM

Richie is clearly easily lead.
I mean, why walk out of a tour to stand in a mall?

Sad times.

Bill23 10-14-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1154645)
No Jon Freaks need to make Richie look bad. He does it himself.

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail...hoto/184261647

Amazing/depressing how bad he looks. And he looked like he had it together over the summer (photos with him & Ava). And wasnt he just out with Heather & Ava last week looking semi decent too?

Javier 10-14-2013 04:20 PM

Whenever he's not trying to look the part next to Lund he looks normal. But whenever he gets all dolled up in makeup and tries to looks like a Jared Leto clone he just fails miserably at it, don't think it's drugs or booze, just an old man that's trying really hard to look younger and hipper.....

crashed 10-14-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1154691)

Sad times.

That's exactly what I don't understand.

IML88 10-14-2013 06:23 PM

He's been touring in this band for 30 years. Maybe WAN was one too many too soon and all he really wanted to do was stand in a mall selling clothes?!

It strikes me he's doing exactly what he wants to do right now.

samboraisgodUK 10-14-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1154691)

Sad times.

How did you work that out? I don't see how that means he's easily lead at all

Gabriel Shoes 10-14-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IML88 (Post 1154701)
He's been touring in this band for 30 years. Maybe WAN was one too many too soon and all he really wanted to do was stand in a mall selling clothes?!

It strikes me he's doing exactly what he wants to do right now.

Is there any way these obsessed people will understand that? I'm totally with you! If HE WANTS TO SIT IN HIS CHAIR AND DO NOTHING IT'S HIS RIGHT.

Richie's pocket is full of money, 30 years touring, WAN sucks so hard, he wasn't really in the project...

bonjovi90 10-14-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1154705)
Richie's pocket is full of money, 30 years touring, WAN sucks so hard, he wasn't really in the project...

This is where it all started. During the promo and first tour shows it was blatantly obvious how psyched Richie was when kicking into solos of the old songs and how bored out of his mind he looked on songs like BWC (either in London or Stuttgart you could really see it when he went to change his guitar after the song). Jon, who at that point seemed to believe in the album (something he doesn't to do for more than 3 months these days), noticed that and at some point during the final shows of the first leg the two got into a fight when the CEO demanded more dedication from Richie on the newer stuff. Richie probably replied that he doesn't care much for the predictable crap on WAN since Jon didn't care about him working on the record and rather made it while he was occupied with his solo stuff. At the end of the row they parted with Jon telling Richie that until he doesn't stand 100% behind what the plays on stage he could as well just stay at home. That's what he did...and hence Jon's statement about him not really being surprised when the call came...

Captain_jovi 10-14-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1154706)
This is where it all started. During the promo and first tour shows it was blatantly obvious how psyched Richie was when kicking into solos of the old songs and how bored out of his mind he looked on songs like BWC (either in London or Stuttgart you could really see it when he went to change his guitar after the song). Jon, who at that point seemed to believe in the album (something he doesn't to do for more than 3 months these days), noticed that and at some point during the final shows of the first leg the two got into a fight when the CEO demanded more dedication from Richie on the newer stuff. Richie probably replied that he doesn't care much for the predictable crap on WAN since Jon didn't care about him working on the record and rather made it while he was occupied with his solo stuff. At the end of the row they parted with Jon telling Richie that until he doesn't stand 100% behind what the plays on stage he could as well just stay at home. That's what he did...

But are you saying that as theory or something that you know?

bonjovi90 10-14-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1154707)
But are you saying that as theory or something that you know?

It's all theory, like the last 700.000 pages in this and any other forum...
But thinking about it...it makes a hell lot sense to me...

Becky 10-14-2013 08:32 PM

Maybe we should include something about "Fan Fiction" in the title of this thread. It seems to have more of that than facts.

wichi850262 10-14-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1154710)
Maybe we should include something about "Fan Fiction" in the title of this thread. It seems to have more of that than facts.

The facts ended after the first page. None of us knows anything....fact! ;)

The Rock 10-14-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

This is where it all started. During the promo and first tour shows it was blatantly obvious how psyched Richie was when kicking into solos of the old songs and how bored out of his mind he looked on songs like BWC (either in London or Stuttgart you could really see it when he went to change his guitar after the song). Jon, who at that point seemed to believe in the album (something he doesn't to do for more than 3 months these days), noticed that and at some point during the final shows of the first leg the two got into a fight when the CEO demanded more dedication from Richie on the newer stuff. Richie probably replied that he doesn't care much for the predictable crap on WAN since Jon didn't care about him working on the record and rather made it while he was occupied with his solo stuff. At the end of the row they parted with Jon telling Richie that until he doesn't stand 100% behind what the plays on stage he could as well just stay at home. That's what he did...and hence Jon's statement about him not really being surprised when the call came...

This was written like it's fact.

Stiggy 10-14-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

i believe this to be close to my theory cos ive seen with my own eyes how bored richie looks for 2 past tours now.. yeh i realize he should not have agreed to tour..however jon rushed the tour before WAN was released.... & jon himself say he will give 2 years from touring... & why didnt jon use WAN for his solo album + tour ?

rolo_tomachi 10-14-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiggy (Post 1154714)
i believe this to be close to my theory cos ive seen with my own eyes how bored richie looks for 2 past tours now.. yeh i realize he should not have agreed to tour..however jon rushed the tour before WAN was released.... & jon himself say he will give 2 years from touring... & why didnt jon use WAN for his solo album + tour ?

You look like a newbie on this forum, is a very easy question. The success and fame, my friend. He does not want to be smaller than Bon Jovi. Remember Destination Anywhere.

SadieLady 10-14-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

This makes as much sense as anything but if Richie has been trying to come back (agreeing to Jon's terms) and Jon has been standing in his way, there is something else going on. I am guessing that Richie is legally prevented from performing elsewhere during legs of the tour except perhaps during the breaks. Hence him not performing and promoting Aftermath. More and more I am leaning from "who knows" to "who cares." I wish him well in or out of the band and refuse to hate on either him or Nikki. It will be interesting what Jon and the band members decide to do down the road and as a fan it may result in some kick ass creativity.

Gabriel Shoes 10-14-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1154708)
It's all theory, like the last 700.000 pages in this and any other forum...
But thinking about it...it makes a hell lot sense to me...

It truly makes sense.