Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

RonJovi 05-02-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1126513)
That wasn't Jon trying to be cool, it was Jon losing his temper because something went slightly wrong.

If I was Tico, I'd of went to the front of the stage and starting beating Jon like a drum!

Haha that would be epic. Would give my left arm to see it just for shits and giggles.

RonJovi 05-02-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1126515)
Just to answer the whole 'is Richie the band for you' question from CRASHED a few pages ago...

Up until this tour, no. But I am a part-time singer, I scrutinise vocals and Jon's voice has completely gone. After Seb mentioned some tunes that Jon had added to the list of 'excruciating' I spent a lot of time watching the streams from this tour, the O2 show from 2010 and I am GUTTED. The reason why I picked up a mic can't deliver anymore and the reason why I picked up a guitar isn't going to be there.

Jon & Richie are the only thing you can/should be guaranteed to see when you go to a Bon Jovi show. Before anyone jumps on the 'what about Tico and Dave?' Yes, for me, I would be pissed if they weren't there but at a push, I could live with it, I could support them.

Once you've got over the fact that without Jon's vocals and without Richie's guitar, this is karaoke, add to the pile the fact that if this is so simple, if this is something worth 'lolling' over, then it's something we need to know.

The 'game' changed two days ago. They knew he wasn't coming back for Europe; I would say they have known from the start. Hence, when Twitter-obsessive Phil X finished the last leg of the tour, he dropped off of Twitter. You (not you, CRASHED) can preach with 'support them... blah blah' as much as you want but whatever this is, they KNEW Richie wouldn't be back but they decided to announce it leg-by-leg to save ticket sales. For anyone saying 'this is a business, Jon has to think about the people he employs' I've seen people on here crucifying the fans who have paid out hundreds, thousands on tickets, travel etc and now want their money back. Are they now any better off than a roadie who needs that money to pay his mortgage? For me, this won't be my band playing live.

Anyone who doesn't need to hear Richie's backing vocals, or can't tell the difference or isn't bothered if he isn't up there... I am glad for you, I won't judge you. For me, that is the heart and soul of the band.

Good post except I think you're wrong on the ticket sales bit...although I'm starting to feel like a lone voice on that one.

jbjhand 05-02-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1126516)
I don't think he was trying to be cool or rock n roll but just everything coming at once. Devils Son knows the story better, could explain it better but it was stress.

Yeah, well like i said im not having a go at him. I was just saying he has a short fuse sometimes.

The Rock 05-02-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1126529)
Yeah, well like i said im not having a go at him. I was just saying he has a short fuse sometimes.

Mate, you're not wrong there! I think we can all agree on that.

Living_on_my_Hair 05-02-2013 11:54 AM

latest tweet ;

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 4h
I think my head may explode

''Lol'' I Guess. What a clown

VanJovi 05-02-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1126539)
latest tweet ;

He really doesn't have any PR skills, does he? God, this is something I usually tell my 5 yr old son.

I am sure he is not having the best of times with the amount of tweets he may be getting on this subject but it is something he should have seen coming. I know they are trying to keep this as private as possible for Richie's / the band's sake but saying "personal reasons" it is not a satisfying statement. Not for this long I suppose.

jessycardy 05-02-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1126515)
Just to answer the whole 'is Richie the band for you' question from CRASHED a few pages ago...

Up until this tour, no. But I am a part-time singer, I scrutinise vocals and Jon's voice has completely gone. After Seb mentioned some tunes that Jon had added to the list of 'excruciating' I spent a lot of time watching the streams from this tour, the O2 show from 2010 and I am GUTTED. The reason why I picked up a mic can't deliver anymore and the reason why I picked up a guitar isn't going to be there.

Jon & Richie are the only thing you can/should be guaranteed to see when you go to a Bon Jovi show. Before anyone jumps on the 'what about Tico and Dave?' Yes, for me, I would be pissed if they weren't there but at a push, I could live with it, I could support them.

Once you've got over the fact that without Jon's vocals and without Richie's guitar, this is karaoke, add to the pile the fact that if this is so simple, if this is something worth 'lolling' over, then it's something we need to know.

The 'game' changed two days ago. They knew he wasn't coming back for Europe; I would say they have known from the start. Hence, when Twitter-obsessive Phil X finished the last leg of the tour, he dropped off of Twitter. You (not you, CRASHED) can preach with 'support them... blah blah' as much as you want but whatever this is, they KNEW Richie wouldn't be back but they decided to announce it leg-by-leg to save ticket sales. For anyone saying 'this is a business, Jon has to think about the people he employs' I've seen people on here crucifying the fans who have paid out hundreds, thousands on tickets, travel etc and now want their money back. Are they now any better off than a roadie who needs that money to pay his mortgage? For me, this won't be my band playing live.

Anyone who doesn't need to hear Richie's backing vocals, or can't tell the difference or isn't bothered if he isn't up there... I am glad for you, I won't judge you. For me, that is the heart and soul of the band.

Good post for me as well. But I'm not sure I understand the part about them knowing Richie would be gone for Europe from the start. Also, Phil X's Twitter account seems pretty active to me to this day. Am I missing something?

Beaky 05-02-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1126539)
latest tweet ;

I love that he then had to respond to that lady, who I am sure is lovely, who stalks him like bloodhound on Twitter.

She asks for assurance that he's okay, stating that she's worried about him.

Hi reply...

'umm relax. Just a statement. Not bleeding from the eyes....yet lol'

This is how he replies to a woman who defends him to EVERYONE. The man is a floater that Jon just can't seem to flush.

Beaky 05-02-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1126544)
Good post for me as well. But I'm not sure I understand the part about them knowing Richie would be gone for Europe from the start. Also, Phil X's Twitter account seems pretty active to me to this day. Am I missing something?

The four day gap in tweets immediately after the last leg ended is pretty glaring if you actually look... depends if you want to see it or not, I guess. He was tweeting twice a day at LEAST before that. Again, if you know social media, you know he would have aware that the questions would start as soon as the last leg of the tour ended. Phil knew he was going to SA and Europe and so stayed off of Twitter, apart from a couple of general updates. Exactly as Richie has done.

As for the Richie being gone from the start... from a PR point of view, they know that Jon is the big draw in the US and the band are a package deal for most of the European fans. I think from the majority of reactions on this board, you can see that's the case. Not in all cases, before I get attacked.

So, if they announce that Richie is off the tour, gone, won't be back for Europe, then they run the risk of people asking for refunds, pissing off fans and thereby pissing off promoters.

The IOW festival organiser said back in mid-April “I'm certain they'll play the same set. More than one person is capable of playing guitar. It's hard to replace a singer.”

Sounds to me like he knew then, I think all the promoters knew then. I think it was a business decision to keep it on the down-low and do it in stages.

jessycardy 05-02-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1126551)
The four day gap in tweets immediately after the last leg ended is pretty glaring if you actually look... depends if you want to see it or not, I guess. He was tweeting twice a day at LEAST before that. Again, if you know social media, you know he would have aware that the questions would start as soon as the last leg of the tour ended. Phil knew he was going to SA and Europe and so stayed off of Twitter, apart from a couple of general updates. Exactly as Richie has done.

As for the Richie being gone from the start... from a PR point of view, they know that Jon is the big draw in the US and the band are a package deal for most of the European fans. I think from the majority of reactions on this board, you can see that's the case. Not in all cases, before I get attacked.

So, if they announce that Richie is off the tour, gone, won't be back for Europe, then they run the risk of people asking for refunds, pissing off fans and thereby pissing off promoters.

The IOW festival organiser said back in mid-April “I'm certain they'll play the same set. More than one person is capable of playing guitar. It's hard to replace a singer.”

Sounds to me like he knew then, I think all the promoters knew then. I think it was a business decision to keep it on the down-low and do it in stages.

About Twitter, I see what you're saying. I don't really know what to make of it, it could be anything. I think it would be interesting to know when the May 18th Phil X's show was first announced before being cancelled. It was probably months ago, but I have no clue. Maybe some of you can shed some light on it?

I didn't know about the IOW festival organiser's quote. It is pretty telling indeed. I had only read about Slane's, and that quote to me sounded a lot like: "I don't really have a clue, and I think/hope he will be back by then".