Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Gabriel Shoes 10-14-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadieLady (Post 1154717)
This makes as much sense as anything but if Richie has been trying to come back (agreeing to Jon's terms) and Jon has been standing in his way, there is something else going on. I am guessing that Richie is legally prevented from performing elsewhere during legs of the tour except perhaps during the breaks. Hence him not performing and promoting Aftermath. More and more I am leaning from "who knows" to "who cares." I wish him well in or out of the band and refuse to hate on either him or Nikki. It will be interesting what Jon and the band members decide to do down the road and as a fan it may result in some kick ass creativity.

Richie did an interview for a Brazilian newspaper when they announced Bon Jovi headlining Rock in Rio, he stated that he was looking forward to do solo gigs between Bon jovi shows in the area they're playing, he said "this is how things are going to be from now on".

He was clearly pissed with the situation.

JoviJovi 10-14-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1154720)
Richie did an interview for a Brazilian newspaper when they announced Bon Jovi headlining Rock in Rio, he stated that he was looking forward to do solo gigs between Bon jovi shows in the area they're playing, he said "this is how things are going to be from now on".

Please post that article if you have it because I have read it and don't remember the part about him saying "this is how things are going to be from now on" at all.

crashed 10-14-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1154720)

Well, he's had since April or whenever to do as many solo gigs as he wanted.

Let's count them.

Oh yeah, none.

Living_on_my_Hair 10-14-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1154722)

Let's count them.

Oh yeah, none.

But-but he's been jamming! Ya know, with the fabric and things.

liljovi93 10-15-2013 12:12 AM

http://store.bonjovi.com/products/bo...-2014-calendar

Richie is on it.

Gabriel Shoes 10-15-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1154722)

Let's count them.

Oh yeah, none.

Stop acting like a stubborn child, I'm just passing what HE SAID.

Gabriel Shoes 10-15-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1154721)
Please post that article if you have it because I have read it and don't remember the part about him saying "this is how things are going to be from now on" at all.

http://oglobo.globo.com/cultura/com-...m-2013-6938853

I guess you know how to translate to English using google translate.

I don't know why some people are so skeptical about the reasons that made Richie opt for not being with the band.

SuperBrad 10-15-2013 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1154728)

Im very surprised ......

Captain_jovi 10-15-2013 06:02 AM

Translating it to english there are errors in the wording but the quote comes out as "I do not know how it will be. We have not talked about the tour. I want to continue promoting my album. The only certainty is that I will be in Brazil with Bon Jovi in ​​2013. If you have a break between shows, I'll try to do a solo. I think it will be like from now on."

Does that really sound like he's pissed off about it?

JoviJovi 10-15-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1154739)
Translating it to english there are errors in the wording but the quote comes out as "I do not know how it will be. We have not talked about the tour. I want to continue promoting my album. The only certainty is that I will be in Brazil with Bon Jovi in ​​2013. If you have a break between shows, I'll try to do a solo. I think it will be like from now on."

No, which is exactly why I asked. It certainly is not "and that's how things are going to be from now on".

luceknight 10-15-2013 06:54 AM

" The only certainty is that I will be in Brazil with Bon Jovi in ​​2013"

ohrly.

and one thing abt that theory of Richie not giving a **** abt the new album. Didn't he co-write the songs? How can he be so bored of a thing he made?
I don't think it's the album, I think it's the tour itself.

And yea, all we can do is theorize here since we don't have any real information.

bonjovi821 10-15-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luceknight (Post 1154741)
" The only certainty is that I will be in Brazil with Bon Jovi in ​​2013"

ohrly.

and one thing abt that theory of Richie not giving a **** abt the new album. Didn't he co-write the songs? How can he be so bored of a thing he made?
I don't think it's the album, I think it's the tour itself.

And yea, all we can do is theorize here since we don't have any real information.

Unless my memory is failing, I'm pretty sure Richie only has writing credits on 4 or 5 songs? Or some low number like that.

rolo_tomachi 10-15-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi821 (Post 1154742)
Unless my memory is failing, I'm pretty sure Richie only has writing credits on 4 or 5 songs? Or some low number like that.

The Circle (2009) - all songs co-writing by Sambora.

What About Now (2013) - 5 songs co-writing by Sambora; Because We Can, Pictures of You:), What's Left Of Me:D, Army Of One and Thick As Thieves;).

Jon trampling Richie's album, wrote a lot of shit with John Shanks and Billy Falcon. All for not wait to Richie, he was recording his third solo album.

"What about now" is an album that feels rushed, poorly produced, and little creativity. The album should have been postponed until June 2013.

IML88 10-15-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1154706)
This is where it all started. During the promo and first tour shows it was blatantly obvious how psyched Richie was when kicking into solos of the old songs and how bored out of his mind he looked on songs like BWC (either in London or Stuttgart you could really see it when he went to change his guitar after the song). Jon, who at that point seemed to believe in the album (something he doesn't to do for more than 3 months these days), noticed that and at some point during the final shows of the first leg the two got into a fight when the CEO demanded more dedication from Richie on the newer stuff. Richie probably replied that he doesn't care much for the predictable crap on WAN since Jon didn't care about him working on the record and rather made it while he was occupied with his solo stuff. At the end of the row they parted with Jon telling Richie that until he doesn't stand 100% behind what the plays on stage he could as well just stay at home. That's what he did...and hence Jon's statement about him not really being surprised when the call came...

I'd go along with this. When Jon says "personal issues" he doesn't mean family, drink/drugs etc he means a personal issue with the new material. WAN is about as close to a JBJ solo album as we've had under the Bon Jovi moniker, combine that with Richie being ousted from his newly found solo groove and no wonder he got arsey.

It will have be no surprise for Jon he left because he won't have been fully on board with the album or tour in the first place

RonJovi 10-15-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1154747)
The Circle (2009) - all songs co-writing by Sambora.

What About Now (2013) - 5 songs co-writing by Sambora; Because We Can, Pictures of You:), What's Left Of Me:D, Army Of One and Thick As Thieves;).

Jon trampling Richie's album, wrote a lot of shit with John Shanks and Billy Falcon. All for not wait to Richie, he was recording his third solo album.

"What about now" is an album that feels rushed, poorly produced, and little creativity. The album should have been postponed until June 2013.

On KTF, Richie has credits for Faith, Sleep, In These Arms, If I Was Your Mother, Blame it on the Love and Little Bit of Soul. That's only 6 out of 12 and he isn't on a lot of the big songs (I Believe, Bed of Roses and Dry County). This situation isn't unique to WAN and the thing WAN and KTF have in common is that Richie was off doing solo stuff during the writing process.

I agree that WAN is rushed and a rehash of a lot of stuff done previously but it's not unusual for Jon to write for a band album without Richie.

rolo_tomachi 10-15-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1154749)
On KTF, Richie has credits for Faith, Sleep, In These Arms, If I Was Your Mother, Blame it on the Love and Little Bit of Soul. That's only 6 out of 12 and he isn't on a lot of the big songs (I Believe, Bed of Roses and Dry County). This situation isn't unique to WAN and the thing WAN and KTF have in common is that Richie was off doing solo stuff during the writing process.

I agree that WAN is rushed and a rehash of a lot of stuff done previously but it's not unusual for Jon to write for a band album without Richie.

About Bed of Roses and Dry County, the work of Sambora on guitar is fantastic, he deserved a credit. Jon wrote bed of roses on piano, but in my opinion, that song is Big, thanks to the guitar intro and his solo. Dry county is a similar case. I think the same with I'm With you, the guitar solo is very good.

A great team effort.

RonJovi 10-15-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1154751)
About Bed of Roses and Dry County, the work of Sambora on guitar is fantastic, he deserved a credit. Jon wrote bed of roses on piano, but in my opinion, that song is Big, thanks to the guitar intro and his solo. Dry county is a similar case. I think the same with I'm With you, the guitar solo is very good.

A great team effort.

Fair point actually. Richie is more visibile on that record than WAN when you look at the likes of BOR or DC.

Point stands though that Jon has written songs without Richie before. Take Hearts Breaking Even as another example. Richie went to LA, came back and Jon and Desmond Child had finished the song.

rokenrola 10-15-2013 12:55 PM

I knew it,solo album and selfpromotion is the main reason why he's off the band,he will regret it big time for that,he is nothing without bon jovi!

rokenrola 10-15-2013 01:00 PM

he signs T-shirts,low low low,there is no money in fashion Samboraaaaa

rolo_tomachi 10-15-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1154754)
Fair point actually. Richie is more visibile on that record than WAN when you look at the likes of BOR or DC.

Point stands though that Jon has written songs without Richie before. Take Hearts Breaking Even as another example. Richie went to LA, came back and Jon and Desmond Child had finished the song.

Ok. But Sambora is present in this new album.

5 songs co-writing by Sambora:
Because we can
Pictures
Left of Me
Thick as Thieves
Army

Fantastic guitar solos by Sambora:
I'm With You
Into the Echo (good backing chorus).

Only I have problems with What About Now, The Fighter, Because We Can and Amen. boring.

luceknight 10-15-2013 03:36 PM

Alrigh lets say he wasnt happy w the results. He doesnt have a voice in the band to tell Jon that since he's (...was) his writing partner? I dont know man I just dont think any of our theories are enough to answer the question why the hell did he leave the tour like that.
Im sorry but I dont see him upset or unhappy or even bored in the videos of the tour before April.
He's just...there...being himself. Just like last tour?
And the 'Jon told him to' thing...I see no reason to believe that unless it was like 'ask your self if you still want to be here and when you have the answer come back...or not' but since Richie has said he does want to come back I dont see what the problem is right now...shit probably got way more serious than it was at the start.

Sissy3 10-15-2013 03:51 PM

I think at this point it's simply turned into a staring contest and neither wants to be the first to blink. So Jon tours and Richie hangs out at the mall. :)

rolo_tomachi 10-15-2013 04:49 PM

Sean Borg has uploaded a video about the event. Interestingly, Richie says something but do not quite understand, someone can write what he says?

bonjovi90 10-15-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1154767)
Sean Borg has uploaded a video about the event. Interestingly, Richie says something but do not quite understand, someone can write what he says?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHg8Soj_h2I

It's basically nothing but random smalltalk.

Stranger11 10-15-2013 05:36 PM

I was just re-reading Richie´s tweets from February-March and the way he wrote about the great shows and with his constant "please help us to get no. 1", I still can´t see an indication that something was horribly wrong at that time.

Maybe he wasn´t happy with the timing of that record and the lack of guitar in the songs but I don´t believe that he hated WAN a great deal.

efiste2 10-15-2013 05:42 PM

I think one of the most valid points made throughout this whole thread is the one about WAN being an album of five fair (ish) BON JOVI songs, and the rest JBJ solo efforts, excluding Every Road of course. since that statement the more I think about it the more it makes sense,
WAN is 90% a JBJ solo record with cameo appearances from Dave,Tico and Richie. Although I dont believe its the sole reason for Richie walking I think this JBJ & Friends issue needs sorting, and two or three years down the line they need to create a true,classic BON JOVI album where Sambora has more than a minniscule input, and maybe even bring the infamous "PIZZA PIE JURY" back into play!!!!

Gabriel Shoes 10-15-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1154739)

The correct translation for the line is "I guess that's how things are going to be from now on" = "Eu acho que é assim que as coisas vão ser a partir de agora".

Original = Acho que vai ser assim daqui em diante.

Eu acho que é assim que as coisas vão ser = acho que vai ser assim = I guess that's how things are going to be (same meaning)
Daqui em diante = a partir de agora = from now on. (Same meaning)

Although it carry the same meaning, the proper translation is the one I gave to you. (I guess that's how things are going to be from now on).

And please JoviJovi, stop living in denying.

JoviJovi 10-15-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1154773)
The correct translation for the line is "I guess that's how things are going to be from now on" = "Eu acho que é assim que as coisas vão ser a partir de agora".

Original = Acho que vai ser assim daqui em diante.

Eu acho que é assim que as coisas vão ser = acho que vai ser assim = I guess that's how things are going to be (same meaning)
Daqui em diante = a partir de agora = from now on. (Same meaning)

Although it carry the same meaning, the proper translation is the one I gave to you. (I guess that's how things are going to be from now on).

And please JoviJovi, stop living in denying.

I am not in an kind if denial. Richie walked off the tour for WHATEVER reason like the true unprofessional he is and is now doing meet and greets in a shopping mall for a fashion line, yet the ONLY reason anybody has interest is because of Bon Jovi and the fact that he (or was) a musician. No denial there. Weird how the only time the man has a set of balls and expresses his supposed unhappiness with the situation is in a Brazilian magazine interview where sentiment can get lost in translation. Not only from Portuguese to English, but Richies answers from English to Portuguese

Gabriel Shoes 10-15-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1154774)
I am not in an kind if denial. Richie walked off the tour for WHATEVER reason like the true unprofessional he is and is now doing meet and greets in a shopping mall for a fashion line, yet the ONLY reason anybody has interest is because of Bon Jovi and the fact that he (or was) a musician. No denial there. Weird how the only time the man has a set of balls and expresses his supposed unhappiness with the situation is in a Brazilian magazine interview where sentiment can get lost in translation. Not only from Portuguese to English, but Richies answers from English to Portuguese

Yeah, and the guy in the newspaper did a poor job translating from English to Portuguese. You can't start a sentence with "acho" (guess) without using pronoun, at least not in a newspaper! LOL

rolo_tomachi 10-15-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1154774)

Here is a JBJ fan girl. JBJ=professional. RS=drunk.

JoviJovi 10-15-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1154776)

I didn't say a word about Jon or Richie being a drunk. Nice try, go away Richie fanboy.

Captain_jovi 10-15-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Pretty bold move for you to call someone else a fan girl.

Lisa71 10-15-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Fan girl? What are you for Richie? I don't think there is a bigger fan girl than you.

rolo_tomachi 10-15-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1154779)
Fan girl? What are you for Richie? I don't think there is a bigger fan girl than you.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/5466/cxo7.gif

:evilbat:

MrNickel 10-16-2013 12:04 AM

When I look at Jon & Richie hugging in the BWC video I get sad. :cry:

idbl_fanatic 10-16-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1154781)

LMAO!!! That right there is funny

rolo_tomachi 10-16-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1154784)
When I look at Jon & Richie hugging in the BWC video I get sad. :cry:

:D

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwkq9tD2JD1qbzaaa.gif

:cry:

luceknight 10-16-2013 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1154786)

ugh....

remember when

Bounce7800 10-16-2013 11:01 PM

This exact time a year ago, I was having a great time with others from JT at Shepherd's Bush at Richie's solo gig. It was a brilliant night I absolutely loved it, the man could do no wrong, despite playing Who Says and Don't Look Back In Anger!

Fast forward a year and it couldn't be anymore different. So much respect lost, and I can't even listen to him singing I'll Be There For You for the fact that he simply isn't. No matter where the fault lies, be it Jon or Richie or a combination of the two, he walked out on his fans. It would soften the blow if he was working on his music, or touring aftermath rather than all this shit with Lund making him a laughing stock. Even when he mentioned his music on Twitter, deliberately ignoring any BJ stuff is disrespectful for the past 30 years and the fans who have enabled him to have a solo outlet. He may well not be allowed to tour or play his stuff contractually, but ignoring all that has gone before as it it never happened has been very disappointing.

Here's hoping the pair of 50-something men can grow up and sort out their differences one way or another and either come back together as a band, or have Bon Jovi go on without Richie and Sambora actually be the kick-ass musician he was, complete with Bon Jovi back catalogue.

Captain Walrus 10-16-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1154860)
This exact time a year ago, I was having a great time with others from JT at Shepherd's Bush at Richie's solo gig. It was a brilliant night I absolutely loved it, the man could do no wrong, despite playing Who Says and Don't Look Back In Anger!

Fast forward a year and it couldn't be anymore different. So much respect lost, and I can't even listen to him singing I'll Be There For You for the fact that he simply isn't. No matter where the fault lies, be it Jon or Richie or a combination of the two, he walked out on his fans. It would soften the blow if he was working on his music, or touring aftermath rather than all this shit with Lund making him a laughing stock. Even when he mentioned his music on Twitter, deliberately ignoring any BJ stuff is disrespectful for the past 30 years and the fans who have enabled him to have a solo outlet. He may well not be allowed to tour or play his stuff contractually, but ignoring all that has gone before as it it never happened has been very disappointing.

Here's hoping the pair of 50-something men can grow up and sort out their differences one way or another and either come back together as a band, or have Bon Jovi go on without Richie and Sambora actually be the kick-ass musician he was, complete with Bon Jovi back catalogue.

Yeah, I was thinking about the gig last year today as well. I think it was the very next day that he cancelled the US tour, and its like everything has gone downhill for him from there on. I remember being so hopeful after that show that the next band tour could be the best I had ever seen from them. What made it all go wrong?