Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

The Rock 05-03-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1126878)
No-one actually said that Ava is the one who asked Richie to stay home.
My thoughts were that maybe things aren't right with Ava, Heather and her new man...... Maybe Richie doesn't trust him, who knows?!
I also read that Heather is off filming 2 tv shows at the moment!
Yes, the others all have kids, but they are also in solid relationships/marriages or, in Dave's case, kids are with mum (I presume)
Richie may have seen what happened with Stephanie, who's parents seem to have rock solid marriage, then looked at his own daughter and ex-wife and decided he needs to be home more.
Sometimes you have to put things into perspective and make a life changing decision, and this could be one of those moments for Richie.
I dunno, but it seems more feasible at the moment than arguments over money or rehab/illness.
To be honest, I'd rather it was Richie being responsible for his daughter than it be rehab!!!

Couldn't have said this better. Won't even try to add anything on, you said it perfectly.

DestinationJovi 05-03-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1126873)
I genuinely doubt that it's Ava why Richie has left the tour. I don't want to discuss how much Richie loves Ava, we all know he does. His a great father but in all honesty, I don't think she would be reason enough to quit the tour. All the kids were born into families with Dad's who travel. This is all they know, they might not like it, get upset and it's emotional but at the end of the day, they are used to it. Beside Ava is now at an age where you don't want your father to hang out with you 24/7. So he stayed back and left a tour, just to drive his daughter back and forth from school? She's got her friends, she goes to school. When she was younger yes but I doubt now, Ava was crying for him to stay home and he dropped it all for her.

Beside the other guys have got kids younger than Ava. Jon, David and Tico have got kids who are at the ages where they would want their Dad's more home than Ava does. Isn't Tico's son only 10/11? Jon's two youngest are around the same ages. I just don't think Ava is the excuse. Again, not talking about how much he loves his daughter

Ava didn't stop Richie from touring his solo CD? He had just come home from a 2 year tour supporting The Circle, then he went back into the studio, worked on his solo, did a promo tour and then went on his solo tour. Where was his commitment to his daughter than?

Richie has been through so much more and he played on. Family issues have never made him miss out before but only rehab. Apart from rehab (and low ticket sales on his solo tour) he has always been committed to his job and touring.

I agree. He has been in this business and touring the world long before he was married or had a kid. He has been gone for extended periods of time her entire life. Not only is she used to it, it's all she knows. I don't buy her being the reason he left the tour randomly on a show day, for an indefinite amount of time.

Javier 05-03-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1126895)
Richie loves to walk his daughter.
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7...ivingavar1.jpg
:multi:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I appreciate this...

RonJovi 05-03-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1126895)
Richie loves to walk his daughter.
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7...ivingavar1.jpg
:multi:

Hahahaha

Hats off, fantastic. I laughed so hard a little bit of pee came out. Worth it though.

liljovi93 05-03-2013 11:05 PM

Richie has just tweeted

'Thanks 4 your notes & concerns. I'm doing ****ing great. This is a private matter but please know I love the band and you fans!'

idbl_fanatic 05-03-2013 11:06 PM

Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora 1m

Thanks 4 your notes & concerns. I'm doing ****ing great. This is a private matter but please know I love the band and you fans!

Spidey5150 05-03-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1126906)
Richie has just tweeted

'Thanks 4 your notes & concerns. I'm doing ****ing great. This is a private matter but please know I love the band and you fans!'

Beat me to it!

nikos greece 05-03-2013 11:08 PM

at last...a few words from richie regarding the situation...i hope he returns sooner than we all expect, i wanted a live dvd from slane with richie of course...i dont see it possible now though...

this tweet looks like richie will be back sooner or later...but the big delay, the news that jon didnt communicate with him, richies out of space tweets about anything else but his missing looked weird...we ll probably never know whats really going on, maybe there was a problem that looks like they sorted it out...

Becky 05-03-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1126909)
the news that jon didnt communicate with him,

This has been addressed multiple times in this thread. The interview where Jon said he hadn't talked to Richie was done two DAYS after Richie left even though it wasn't printed until much later. There's no reason to believe Jon and Richie haven't been communicating during this time.

Bill23 05-03-2013 11:31 PM

Maybe Richie will make his return at Soldier Field for an epic 30 song evening!