Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Upset? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=49301)

RSROCKS 10-25-2009 04:06 PM

I'm pissed off and disgusted but I haven't had the *pleasure* of trying to buy tickets yet.
Should I still send in something?

Yvonne 10-25-2009 04:10 PM

Done!:cool:

dcj28 10-25-2009 04:18 PM

I,ve just noticed kenobi on a prayers circle album cover. It looks like a bloke with a begging bowl.

lisaluvsjovi 10-25-2009 04:41 PM

How much are the tickets in the UK going for? I thought the Giants tickets were quite reasonable considering they charged $300.00 for the MSG shows last tour.

Yvonne 10-25-2009 04:45 PM

anything between £45 and £1100 at the o2, all depends where you want to sit!

Savvi 10-25-2009 04:49 PM

Can always rely on you Seb to take it that one step further lol. Good luck with it and I hope you get the message through!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcj28 (Post 950293)
I,ve just noticed kenobi on a prayers circle album cover. It looks like a bloke with a begging bowl.

LOL! Poor Hughey

Tictoc 10-25-2009 06:08 PM

So what's this little (I emphasise the word 'little' because it's so small time, ooh a Facebook page, this is almost as big as the "I hate Hob Nobs" page... I bet JBJ is shitting himself)

Another failing is that nearly all the people signing up have already bought tickets, kinda defeats the point of protesting really.

If you want to see a band for cheap go and buy tickets to see The Stereophonics.

letitrock 10-25-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 950368)
So what's this little (I emphasise the word 'little' because it's so small time, ooh a Facebook page, this is almost as big as the "I hate Hob Nobs" page... I bet JBJ is shitting himself)

Another failing is that nearly all the people signing up have already bought tickets, kinda defeats the point of protesting really.

If you want to see a band for cheap go and buy tickets to see The Stereophonics.

It doesn't defeat the point actually. People protest in different ways - there are a lot of people (who aren't maniacs) who have seen Bon Jovi 50-100+ times who are refusing to go to this show on protest. There are also a lot who would normally go that have decided to go but buy the cheapest tickets... perhaps largely because there's an addiction to see a band you've grown up with and been passionate about...

If I want to see a cheap gig I will go to a pub and watch a live band... I wouldn't see the Stereophonics, but then that's just personal taste.

To be honest, nothing anyone will do here will really give Jon much of a headache, but I like the thought a few sleazy tabloid newspapers might pick up on the story. Perhaps what the band need is actually a bit of bad press to knock some sense into them and to stop them thinking that they can keep doing slight modifications of It's My Life and talking about Tommy and Gina and making lots of money out of it.

kenobi_on_a_prayer 10-25-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcj28 (Post 950293)

Well, if the shoe fits... Although Hugh could take forgo the begging bowl and just take Jon out if he wanted to, look at how much bigger he is.:p

Tictoc 10-25-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letitrock (Post 950375)
It doesn't defeat the point actually. People protest in different ways - there are a lot of people (who aren't maniacs) who have seen Bon Jovi 50-100+ times who are refusing to go to this show on protest. There are also a lot who would normally go that have decided to go but buy the cheapest tickets... perhaps largely because there's an addiction to see a band you've grown up with and been passionate about...

If I want to see a cheap gig I will go to a pub and watch a live band... I wouldn't see the Stereophonics, but then that's just personal taste.

Well that's great then, if people protest with their feet then JBJ and co will realise the tickets were priced too highly and they'll play to undersold shows. Bet that won't happen though.

The problem is a lot of people are crying and moaning yet they have bought tickets for more than one night...

Also my point with the Stereophonics was, if you wanna pay cheap you're gonna get trash ;)