Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Poll: Should Bon Jovi continue after THINFS (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69641)

rolo_tomachi 09-10-2016 09:09 PM

They must continue. John Shanks not.

nikos greece 09-10-2016 10:44 PM

of course they must, as long as they are passionate about making music..
the producer/direction topic should be revisited after the album premiere
ps.richie should be back:cool:

ps2.i think as forum we have some power, if we agreed in certain topics by voting like hammersmith dvd released for example and posted it repeatedly there would be more chances we d reach jon, especially in ocassions like the fb questions, i know jon likes to answer certain topics but if sth keeps coming up its only a matter of time

ps3. i think jons comment about these days and hand may be portraying the anger in the themes/delivery but i also find it possible jon receives feedback and those close to him have told him about the way certain albums have been received by diehards etc, so perhaps its a way for jon to say i believe u ll like the darker side or sth

angelsambo 09-11-2016 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1206420)
there would be more chances we d reach jon

you can't reach him anymore,he has lost his mind since 2000

nikos greece 09-11-2016 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1206425)
you can't reach him anymore,he has lost his mind since 2000

lol in his defence he probably had enough of our craziness years ago...lol
new jersey outakes are a proof there is some will to go back to the vault, its a shame it didnt have some success, still hope for a boxset full of dvds, one from each era or tour with highlights,
after all these shows etc we should have a better live dvd collection available

Javier 09-11-2016 02:28 AM

They should keep going until Tico has had enough and retires....

JackieBlue 09-11-2016 04:13 AM

Quote:

...i think jons comment about these days and hand may be portraying the anger in the themes/delivery but i also find it possible jon receives feedback and those close to him have told him about the way certain albums have been received by diehards etc, so perhaps its a way for jon to say i believe u ll like the darker side or sth

Confession time: I'm so social media-challenged that I don't have a clue how these things work on FB, so I didn't realize Jon was going to be answering the questions verbally. (Yeah, I know... It's sad.) I thought he was posting replies to the comments; so I scrolled thru the posts to read the questions, looking for replies from Jon. (Stop laughing!)

Almost lost in the avalanche of posts that never got around to actually asking anything because they were too busy using the Q&A as an opportunity to gush or to request that Jon say "hi" to someone, there were a few decent questions and even a couple of brave souls who either took Rosa3 seriously (or thought of it on their own) and asked Jon about his voice or asked if the rest of the album was going to be like THINFS and Knockout and why there wasn't more promotion for Knockout.

Among those rare questions there was one (from one of the rarer guys, I believe) who asked if the band was ever going to rock again or write songs like the ones on HAND or TD. It was politely phrased, iirc, but it was still clear that the poster wasn't impressed with the direction the band had been taking recently. Since that was the only question I remember that directly mentioned the music, other than THINFS and Knockout, and the guy cited those two albums, specifically, as examples of the kind of music he'd like to see the band do again, I wonder if Jon may have picked up on that question and that's why he referred to those two albums, specifically, in his response.

I never did see Jon's verbal response, so I'm just going by what I've seen posted here. For all I know, it could even have been that guy's question he was responding to. But seeing the posts here about why he may have chosen to compare the new album to those specific albums, and then recalling how that question had stood out to me as I was scrolling, it made me wonder if Jon had made the same connection.

Just a thought...

Denmad 09-11-2016 10:13 AM

Quote:

ps2.i think as forum we have some power, if we agreed in certain topics by voting like hammersmith dvd released for example and posted it repeatedly there would be more chances we d reach jon, especially in ocassions like the fb questions, i know jon likes to answer certain topics but if sth keeps coming up its only a matter of time

I stand by this!

Fans should remind him how great they were and point out some of the highlights that should see the light of the day a long time ago.

Next month the bonus DVD comes out in Japan. The content will be probably music video for "THINFS", the making of the video, another interview or already released stuff... This is just painful. It's like having a liquor cabinet full of alcohol, and offer your guests nothing, or at most the worst wine that you have...

I'm afraid that one day Sactuary II will burned up and everything will goes to hell...

ticos_stick 09-11-2016 02:13 PM

I think Jon should have retired the band the moment he realised he couldn't move around the stage half as much as he used to. The awful decline in vocals and Richie's departure also lead me to think this tour will be a disaster. So bar some miracle, it'd be a no from me.

Rdkopper 09-11-2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1206458)
I think Jon should have retired the band the moment he realised he couldn't move around the stage half as much as he used to. The awful decline in vocals and Richie's departure also lead me to think this tour will be a disaster. So bar some miracle, it'd be a no from me.

I could kinda agree with this... Bon Jovi the band should retire but the Jon Bon Jovi & The E-Street Band (with Tico and Dave) should keep going. But then Richie wins so....

Jeeper 09-11-2016 05:11 PM

I think they should continue recording albums. The quality of studio recordings is subjective. We all have different tastes.

Live is another matter. Jon simply can't sing a large number of his own songs anymore. I think as a live band, performing songs as on the albums, they should retire. Or drastically change their approach. JBJ is his own Achilles heel, I'm afraid.