Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The official Aerosmith topic (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47506)

Goldsausage 02-19-2009 07:08 PM

I've lost count how many times they've said they're about to enter the studio and didn't.

I'll believe it when the new album is out.

hometownboy 02-19-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 907070)
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...er_studio.html

According to Tom Hamilton, they're entering the studio soon! :)

As Oli said it's probably bullshit, i've read countless times of Steve Tyler or Joey Kramer saying that the band are entering the studio. Still atleast it tells us there not dead!

KeepTheFaith2211 02-19-2009 07:27 PM

Yeah I have heard that they keep saying this and have not followed it up :lol:

Just gotta hope that they'll do it someday I guess.

RSROCKS 02-20-2009 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 907079)
Yeah I have heard that they keep saying this and have not followed it up :lol:

Just gotta hope that they'll do it someday I guess.

You can only believe them when you are able to hold the new disc in your hand.

KeepTheFaith2211 02-20-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSROCKS (Post 907161)
You can only believe them when you are able to hold the new disc in your hand.

Okay then. I'll just follow the rest of you and not get my hopes up anymore. :p

RSROCKS 04-27-2009 07:18 PM

Their lawsuit has been settled!

Aerosmith to settle lawsuit with Maui performance
AP, Apr 27, 2009 6:00 am PDT

Free tickets to see Aerosmith in Hawaii? Dream on, unless you happen to be one of 8,300 people left in the cold when the band canceled a sold-out concert in 2007.

Aerosmith has agreed to perform on Maui to settle a class-action lawsuit filed by fans who alleged the band pulled out of the show in favor of a larger concert in Chicago and a more lucrative private performance for Toyota dealers on Oahu.

The suit claimed the cancellation cost Maui ticket buyers between $500,000 and $3 million in travel costs, handling fees and other expenses.

"Everyone who bought a ticket to the original concert will receive a free ticket, and all out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed regardless of the amount," said Brandee Faria, an attorney representing the would-be concertgoers.

The date for the new Maui concert has not been set, but Faria said it will likely be in September or October, after Aerosmith wraps up its North America tour.

Aerosmith attorney Jay Handlin said the band was glad to reach the settlement.

"The band is about the music," Handlin said. "So they are glad to be able to resolve this in a way that really focuses on connecting or reconnecting the people of Hawaii with the band and its music."

Supersonic 04-27-2009 07:54 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSROCKS (Post 918293)
"The band is about the music," Handlin said.

That band cancelled the gig at Maui so they could play a show they could make more money with. Yeah, this band is all about the music. :|

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

RSROCKS 04-27-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 918301)
Aloha !

That band cancelled the gig at Maui so they could play a show they could make more money with. Yeah, this band is all about the music. :|

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

That's definitely something I found amusing about the story hence why I posted it ;)

Goldsausage 04-27-2009 09:24 PM

Haha I chuckled at the same thing.

Really, I love Aerosmith - but these days they're nothing but a lousy joke and no one's laughing with them.

† ÀžžÀ † 05-03-2009 10:41 PM

as much as i love the band i'm not sure i'll bother with a co-headlining tour. i'm losing faith, let's be serious - we ain't gettin another record.

† ÀžžÀ † 05-12-2009 07:35 PM

stevie tyler's long-awaited autobiography is slated for release in october i read. should be a cracking read.

jbjrsdc 06-17-2009 07:49 PM

Joe Perry maybe shocked, I certainly am not ==>

AEROSMITH CD DELAYED AGAIN:
Rolling Stone Online reports: "In a new interview with EW's Music Mix, Joe Perry opened up about Aerosmith's delayed new album and upcoming tour with ZZ Top — and also inadvertently let slip that the band's new album might be a Walmart exclusive, like AC/DC's Black Ice and the Eagles' Long Road Out of Eden.
According to Perry, the band is frustrated that despite Perry's need for knee surgery and singer Steven Tyler's pneumonia, they haven't finished their new album in time. "This is about the third time I've had to make excuses why the record isn't out," Perry told EW. "You line everything up just right: Brendan O'Brien producing, Walmart and Sony screaming for the record, tour coming up, and there's no record. We're still in shock that it's not happening."

Is Axl Rose involved in this project somehow?
Maybe the people whinning about Bon Jovi moving too fast for their next release would prefer this==>

KeepTheFaith2211 06-22-2009 09:16 PM

It won't get released.

Panda 06-30-2009 08:05 PM

Joey Kramer or Aerosmith has just released an autobiography called
"Hit Hard: A Story of Hitting Rock Bottom At the Top."
Just thought I'd let you guys know.

KeepTheFaith2211 08-03-2009 06:06 PM

What does everybody think of the album 'Get A Grip'? I bought it a few weeks ago and I've hardly had it off since. A great album in my opinion with some brilliant tracks.

Goldsausage 08-03-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 932953)
What does everybody think of the album 'Get A Grip'? I bought it a few weeks ago and I've hardly had it off since. A great album in my opinion with some brilliant tracks.

Man, I can't remember the album at all except it has Eat The Rich on it which ****ing rocks.

But didn't it also have Crying on it? Which is lame. Well, it's good at first but then it quickly becomes very lame.

Crushgen24/88 08-03-2009 09:44 PM

I love Get A Grip.

Panda 08-03-2009 10:15 PM

cryin is my favorite 'newer' Aerosmith track... :(

KeepTheFaith2211 08-03-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 932991)
Man, I can't remember the album at all except it has Eat The Rich on it which ****ing rocks.

But didn't it also have Crying on it? Which is lame. Well, it's good at first but then it quickly becomes very lame.

Brilliant album. I love 'Cryin'' personally, very good ballad. It has some amazing songs this album. 'Eat The Rich', 'Get A Grip', 'Flesh', 'Livin' On The Edge', 'Amazing', 'Walk On Down', 'Shut Up And Dance' and 'Cryin''. :)

Goldsausage 08-03-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 933008)
Brilliant album. I love 'Cryin'' personally, very good ballad. It has some amazing songs this album. 'Eat The Rich', 'Get A Grip', 'Flesh', 'Livin' On The Edge', 'Amazing', 'Walk On Down', 'Shut Up And Dance' and 'Cryin''. :)

Oh yeah I REALLY LOVE Livin' On The Edge and Shut Up And Dance :D

Used to have quite a thing for Amazing too.

hometownboy 08-03-2009 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 933008)

You missed out 'Crazy'! the best song on the album.

Panda 08-10-2009 07:52 AM

So Steven Tyler broke his shoulder at the 'Sturgis Biker' festival the other day. The Regina and Winnapeg concerts have been postponed to later 'TBD' days, but the Calgary one coming up in 3 days still hasn't... if he broke his shoulder, I very much doubt he will be playing it though.... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

**** YOU STEVEN TYLER FOR FALLING OFF STAGE.

anyway, now that that is off my chest, I have been listening to the Toys in the Attic album quite religiously, and it is now my fave Aerosmith album... I was quite excited to hear it in its entirety live....

The only problem is, is that it would be postponed to a date from October-December, and as it is an out-door concert, and for the people who have lived in Canada, it is very cold then. Damn it, why couldnt he have fallen off the stage a week from now..... I payed ****ing $225 to see you play... now you play your damn music.:mad::mad::mad:

Goldsausage 08-10-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 933903)
anyway, now that that is off my chest, I have been listening to the Toys in the Attic album quite religiously, and it is now my fave Aerosmith album... I was quite excited to hear it in its entirety live....

Not just my favourite Aerosmith album but also one of my all time favourite albums (you should check out All Time, good band).

And I've got a theory that Aerosmith go and break their bones on purpose these days just to get out of playing and recording.

Thierry 08-10-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

So Steven Tyler broke his shoulder at the 'Sturgis Biker' festival the other day. The Regina and Winnapeg concerts have been postponed to later 'TBD' days, but the Calgary one coming up in 3 days still hasn't... if he broke his shoulder, I very much doubt he will be playing it though.... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

The only problem is, is that it would be postponed to a date from October-December, and as it is an out-door concert, and for the people who have lived in Canada, it is very cold then. Damn it, why couldnt he have fallen off the stage a week from now..... I payed ****ing $225 to see you play... now you play your damn music.:mad::mad::mad:

You selfish ****!

Miracle 08-10-2009 02:17 PM

I have tickets to see them in September, so I'm hoping the concert isn't cancelled. I mean, Richie played with a broken shoulder lol

Panda 08-10-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 933927)
You selfish ****!

I would have been okay with it, but I found out Steven Tyler was under the influence of both painkillers and alcohaul. He's the selfish ****.

Supersonic 08-10-2009 06:47 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 933936)
I would have been okay with it, but I found out Steven Tyler was under the influence of both painkillers and alcohaul. He's the selfish ****.

They've stopped playing the Toys album anyway because they don't like how the crowd responds to them. Shows had gotten shorter and Steven Tyler had been on auto-pilot for quite a while now.

This was another tour that started very promising but became very dull after 5 or 6 shows. Like all of their tours since 2002 or something.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Panda 08-10-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 933954)
Aloha !

They've stopped playing the Toys album anyway because they don't like how the crowd responds to them. Shows had gotten shorter and Steven Tyler had been on auto-pilot for quite a while now.

This was another tour that started very promising but became very dull after 5 or 6 shows. Like all of their tours since 2002 or something.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Blasphemy.

To think I actually wanted a greatest hits setlist before..... I really was looking forward to the toys album in its entirety. The Calgary show has officially been cancelled as well... Damn it, looks like a stadium show in the snow.... :mad:

I'm still looking forward to seing them in the future date, however.

Edit: Holy shit, only 14-15 song sets? And it looks like a bunch of random okay songs and then half greatest hits.... and 3 covers? fleetwood mac, the dude who originally did train kept a rolliin and another one? Damn, I didnt pay $225 to see them play 12 of there own songs.

milomom 08-10-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 933956)
Blasphemy.

To think I actually wanted a greatest hits setlist before..... I really was looking forward to the toys album in its entirety. The Calgary show has officially been cancelled as well... Damn it, looks like a stadium show in the snow.... :mad:

I'm still looking forward to seing them in the future date, however.

Edit: Holy shit, only 14-15 song sets? And it looks like a bunch of random okay songs and then half greatest hits.... and 3 covers? fleetwood mac, the dude who originally did train kept a rolliin and another one? Damn, I didnt pay $225 to see them play 12 of there own songs.

According to the reports I read, they played 14 songs here in Atlanta and were done in 75 minutes. Ouch. Especially when the top tickets were $200+. No wonder there were PLENTY still available the day of the show . . . and thank goodness it was logistically impossible for me to make the show or I might have been one of the pissed people.

KeepTheFaith2211 08-10-2009 08:07 PM

They have to retire soon, I think. Half of the band have serious injuries or health problems, and they don't want to make a new record. A real shame as they are one of the bands I need to see before they retire...:(

KeepTheFaith2211 08-12-2009 11:55 PM

I recieved 'Permanent Vacation' in the post today. Have been begging my brother to buy me it for over a month and he obviously did.

Excellent album, with some absolute classics and hidden gems. :)

RSROCKS 08-13-2009 07:02 AM

Quote:

The only problem is, is that it would be postponed to a date from October-December, and as it is an out-door concert, and for the people who have lived
in Canada, it is very cold then. Damn it, why couldnt he have fallen off the stage a week from now..... I payed ****ing $225 to see you play... now you
play your damn music.:mad::mad::mad:

You sound like a selfish douche. What happened is unfortunate but to wish for it to happen after your show is just selfish and that Steven Tyler was the selfish one is a lame excuse. There's no promises when you see a rock show and that includes the band or in this case the frontman being sober. Creed fans learned that one the hard way.

Panda 08-13-2009 07:14 AM

But wasn't Steven Tyler supposed to be sober? He had an accident about a month ago and was supposed to take painkillers.... He abused them and over did them and took them with alcohaul... I dunno if that was 100% true, but my aunt told me about it (who went to sturgis) and said he seemed out of sorts. And what I said about not caring if he 'fell off the stage elsewhere' wasn't meant to be selfish, only to show how pissed I am and how excited I was to see them... I really didn't mean that.

And if you wanna here selfish, it's ****ing charging $125 for nosebleed seats and $225 for good seats for a 75 min concert that was promised something but wasn't given because they "didn't feel like playing it". Little over half the stadium is sold, and I was near not going, but went anyway out of fear of not being able to ever see them again.

And I would have been seing them tomorrow night...

Goldsausage 08-13-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 934263)
I recieved 'Permanent Vacation' in the post today. Have been begging my brother to buy me it for over a month and he obviously did.

Excellent album, with some absolute classics and hidden gems. :)

Good album, especially for the track 'Magic Touch' :D

RSROCKS 08-17-2009 02:55 AM

Aerosmith cuts short US tour due to Tyler's injury
AP
Fri Aug 14, 11:35 pm ET

LOS ANGELES (AFP) – Rock group Aerosmith announced it had cut short its US tour due to injuries suffered by its vocalist, Steven Tyler, during a concert in South Dakota.

Tyler fell from the stage during an August 5 show that was part of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in western South Dakota, the group said in a statement.

The accident resulted in a broken shoulder and stitches to the singer's head.

After receiving treatment at a local hospital, Tyler returned to Boston to consult with his own doctors.

"In his current condition, Tyler is unable to tour and the band wants to give him time to get healthy," the statement pointed out.

Guitarist Joe Perry thanked the group's fans "for sticking by us through thick and thin" and their understanding.

"We hope we can get the Aerosmith machine up and running again as soon as possible," he added.

Miracle 08-17-2009 06:00 AM

Toronto just got cancelled. Ah well...the refund can go right onto my credit card haha

KeepTheFaith2211 05-18-2013 01:04 PM

On a real Aerosmith kick right now.

SexxAtraxxion 05-18-2013 08:25 PM

I like later Aerosmith, but the new album was garbage.

A band that should go back to their roots, instead of writting another Get a Grip.

Supersonic 05-18-2013 08:31 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion (Post 1130456)
I like later Aerosmith, but the new album was garbage.

A band that should go back to their roots, instead of writting another Get a Grip.

I wouldn't mind another Get A Grip, but the latest record sounds like a modern day Night In The Ruts to me. Many great ideas but none of it ever came together.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

samboraisgodUK 05-18-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1130462)
Aloha !

I wouldn't mind another Get A Grip, but the latest record sounds like a modern day Night In The Ruts to me. Many great ideas but none of it ever came together.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I went back to it last week for the first time after listening to it in the week it came out. It definitely grows on you I'd say.