Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

Captain_jovi 11-07-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1247052)
I'm actually not sure either Tico, David or Richie played on that track. It's so random that it could've been Jon, John and a drum machine/studio musician.

I also think that on This Is Love, This Is Life it's a drum computer.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

I hear Richie loud and clear on the solo. The rhythm stuff is negligible so I don't know. It's documented he was there for the recording of the song and is on the final tracks, I don't think the engineer is high enough on the pay roll and say Richie and Tico were on the track if they weren't.

Agreed about the GH songs. This is Love and No Apologies's drums both sound robotic as hell.

Alphavictim 11-07-2018 03:13 PM

Tico still could have just been recreating the programmed drums to give them a bigger sound. I doubt the band worked out the arrangement and the groove together; so he might have only gotten the chance to do so when playing live; explaining the difference.

Thinny 11-07-2018 03:55 PM

Right, getting this topic back on track...I was just listening to a bootleg from the 2014 shows (Berlin 2014) - unfortunately this was one of the many bad shows from 2014. But during "Learning How To Fly With A Broken Wing" after the lyric "Guess I got fooled by a famous face" Richie adds "guess which one...?". I can only take this as a dig a Jon, unless anyone else has any other theories about this song? Is there anywhere that Richie has talked about what this song is about? I always presumed that it was about his time recovering in rehab...

If it is about the band that kinda changes a lot, and seems to me that he was writing about him leaving the band before it actually happened!?

"Learnin' How To Fly With A Broken Wing"

Hey! how did I wake up in this place
A missing person lost without a trace
Guess I got fooled by a famous face

I, I was locked up deep inside
It was so dark I couldn't see the sky
My truth was frightened just to see the light

[Chorus:]
And I'm runnin' like a dog with a busted leash
Burnin' like the tires when the lights turn green
Hey, I'm walkin' wounded but I still believe
Learnin' how to fly with a broken wing

I, I thought I could have it all
A broken parachute would break my fall
I tempted fate and then I hit the wall

I left scattered ashes in my wake
And there was nothing left that I could save
So I just dug my past in early grave

I'm tearing down what's left of my reflection,
A private anarchy

[Chorus]

I took the wheel
I'm changing my direction
Breaking my tailspin
Kicked down the back door
Just left the busted hinges
What I've been living in

[Solo]

[Chorus 2x]

Learnin' how to fly with a broken wing

[Solo till end]

Captain_jovi 11-07-2018 03:58 PM

I always assumed Heather. From what I recall Richie found out about the divorce on live TV. One could argue the lyrics of You can only get so high have the same double meanings, whether about rehab or wanting out of the band. Either way I'm pretty sure he was referencing Heather in that one.

Thinny 11-07-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1247067)
I always assumed Heather. From what I recall Richie found out about the divorce on live TV. One could argue the lyrics of You can only get so high have the same double meanings, whether about rehab or wanting out of the band. Either way I'm pretty sure he was referencing Heather in that one.

Ahh ok, thanks for that! That actually makes more sense I think! I didn't think of Heather....

JackieBlue 11-07-2018 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1247068)
Ahh ok, thanks for that! That actually makes more sense I think! I didn't think of Heather....

IMO, the "famous face" could be Jon and Heather, because he said: "Guess which one". If it was about one or the other, he might have said "Guess who". He's said a lot of his songs are about several things at the same time.

Also the rest of the lyrics sound general in some places but, to me, the second verse sounds like he's referring to the band, given what he's said about feeling constrained to create music and lyrics that fit in with Bon Jovi and that Jon could give voice to. And the bridge sounds like he's taking back control of his own destiny, to change some of the things he may have faced down in rehab/therapy. All of which leads nicely into Taking a Chance on the Wind, and the risk of going it on his own.

I can also see a connection between "kicked down the back door, just left the busted hinges" with "the door is off the hinges" in THINFS. They are both very visual and I don't think "broken hinges" is one of the phrases that either Jon or Richie used in the past.

QUceK1WV8 11-07-2018 06:18 PM

It is show business. Artists say all kinds of things.

I never understood why so many people here think, that if it was said in an interview it must be true.

It is not. Show business is about stories, and stories change.

I don't think there even is a single true story about Richie leaving, there are many sides to it sure. But not a single truth you are seeking.

Second and I repeat. Artists say all kinds of things.

I get the need to know, but you would all be happier if you just accepted that you never will. Even if Jon and Richie come out hand in hand one of these days to tell the real story, that is all it will be.

A story.

And here you are nitpicking and guessing who is "famous face" as if an artist in an interview were creating multilayered literature AND speaking The Truth at the same time.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-07-2018 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUceK1WV8 (Post 1247076)
Artists say all kinds of things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUceK1WV8 (Post 1247076)
an artist in an interview were creating multilayered literature

"OFF TOPIC": bonjovi90 and Captain_jovi should understand this
sure, pun intended as always.

-_-

neily82 11-07-2018 06:36 PM

Can't believe this thread is still going to be honest, I don't comment very often I just observe but your never going to get the truth so why not just move on?

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 11-07-2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neily82 (Post 1247078)
Can't believe this thread is still going to be honest, I don't comment very often I just observe but your never going to get the truth so why not just move on?

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

Richie: "Piss off!"