Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

rolo_tomachi 05-05-2020 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonboy25 (Post 1264009)
I reckon its be a band version of do what you can. Phil mentioned sending off something to the band, just before mentioning the group thing. I wonder if the band have recorded do what you can. We might get that as a single sometime soon? Doesnt line up with the whole bonus track thing tho

Well, maybe one digital launch of the song, and his earnings go to the fight against the coronavirus. Then be included in the physical copies of the album as a bonus track.

YOVANAfromPeru 05-05-2020 01:24 AM

Bon Jovi shop: "Due to the unforeseen restrictions from the COVID-19 pandemic, our warehouse has been closed. We have started shipping orders this week although on a very limited basis. We plan to increase all efforts on fulfillment as we feel it's becoming increasingly safe for our employees. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time."
No idea what they are talking about.

Alphavictim 05-05-2020 04:02 AM

Hell, why not do a track by track I guess.

We Weren't Born To Follow - it's okay. It's catchy and actually has some nice melodic ideas, plus it's a JBJ/RS penned lead single, which is a first I believe?

WWWB - pretty lame sha la la la modern day U2 snoozefest.

Work for the Working Man - terrible lyrics, trying way too hard to be Springsteen, but good music.

Superman Tonight - the production is a bit moody, but the song is fine.

Bullet - Bounce-ish guitar work. JBJ's subdued vocals clash a bit, but the pre-chorus is straight fire. Chorus is a little low on energy, but overall a good song.

Thorn in my Side - good song; with a different arrangement this could have been on a number of earlier albums. Used to be my fav from the album. It just suffers from a weird low energy / gloomy vibe; I can't really pinpoint as to why I feel that way. Then again, some people here love These Days, and that album is full of that.

Live Before You Die - worst song on the album, but probably not the least interesting. It feels very much like a BJ song of the Crush era, just worse.

Brokenpromiseland - excellent song. Didn't somebody on here do a country styled cover take of this? That was excellent, too; maybe better than the original actually 'cos I'm not crazy about its acoustics.

Love's The Only Rule - pretty good, but I always get this one and Happy Now confused. I'm pretty sure I like Happy Now better, though.

Fast Cars - completely unneccessary song. Oh well.

Happy Now - see LTOR.

Learn To Love - great chorus. Good song, safe for the "gun"-lyric.

steel_horse75 05-05-2020 02:48 PM

I listened the TC this morning.

Its one of those albums where it just lacks a bit of "Omph".
Maybe If the guitars where a bit more heavier and drums prominent it would be a better album. It just lacks something.

angelsambo 05-05-2020 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1264026)
Maybe If the guitars where a bit more heavier .....

bounce was the last record with heavy guitars

bonjovi90 05-05-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1264013)

Thorn in my Side - good song; with a different arrangement this could have been on a number of earlier albums. Used to be my fav from the album. It just suffers from a weird low energy / gloomy vibe; I can't really pinpoint as to why I feel that way. Then again, some people here love These Days, and that album is full of that.

Good point, even though I only half-agree. On These Days, it was a matter of them wanting that vibe, that gloomy feeling because it fitted its time and the core of the songs. The vibe on this song is somewhat different, but I think it's down to Jon's voice this time around. On These Days, they had that "breaking out" of the vibe when they wanted it - Hey God, Damned or simply the ballads like My Guitar or Lie To Me ascending to a phenomenal finale.
That's what hinders the entire Circle record - Jon's inability to deliver a punchy chorus. He was singing well live at the time, but he never seemed to use his altered "live voice" in the studio. There are so many songs on The Circle where I feel that the potential is so much there, the instrumentation is nice, the verses are interesting and build up, but it all gets lost in the chorus. Bullet, Thorn In My Side, Brokenpromiseland, Happy Now - they all could've been great songs, but they poop out in the chorus. Had The Circle been recorded in the early 90's, it could've been close to the classic albums.

Jack27 05-07-2020 11:18 PM

Jon just said on an Instagram live for Hampton Water that the album is out in October.

bonjovi90 05-07-2020 11:21 PM

Was it just the camera's angle or did Jon actually look really skinny in this video?

Rdkopper 05-07-2020 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1264063)
Was it just the camera's angle or did Jon actually look really skinny in this video?

He has been looking very skinny for a while. However those computer cameras do suck... He also talks so slow now too. Maybe he always did but he seemed extra slow.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 05-07-2020 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1264062)
Jon just said on an Instagram live for Hampton Water that the album is out in October.

An ideal date, probably coinciding with a second wave of the virus.