Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Belzik 04-03-2013 10:36 PM

why would richie leave the tour?

Because he can

semigoodlookin 04-03-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1119518)
I was thinking the same thing

Really?

I know the shelter could have used the Mars Bar too.

Beaky 04-03-2013 10:37 PM

I truly can't see this being over money.

Jon and Richie were, unofficially, paid money for their contributions to certain bands in the 1980s; guidance, uncredited songwriting etc... principally Skid Row and when Seb Bach made an issue out of this, Richie gave the money back rather than cause further ructions.

I think this is more to do with being part of the machine... the way the album was made, 'banner-gate' etc... he's probably thought 'I'm too old for this sh*t' and buggered off.

ticos_stick 04-03-2013 10:38 PM

I really can't see it being a money issue. Why would he suddenly decide within 24 hours of a show that he wasn't getting paid enough? The contracts would have been signed in advance of the tour. It makes no sense.

idbl_fanatic 04-03-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1119521)

Jon and Richie were, unofficially, paid money for their contributions to certain bands in the 1980s; guidance, uncredited songwriting etc... principally Skid Row and when Seb Bach made an issue out of this, Richie gave the money back rather than cause further ructions.

I think this is more to do with being part of the machine... the way the album was made, 'banner-gate' etc... he's probably thought 'I'm too old for this sh*t' and buggered off.

What did I miss with the "banners"?

steel_horse75 04-03-2013 10:40 PM

That article is bullshit.
They are both loaded.
I can believe they had a bust up but not over money

bonjovi821 04-03-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1119523)

Jon and Matt, as co-CEOs, decided that banners weren't allowed at shows anymore. Nobody informed Richie of this, and a fan asked him why banners weren't allowed and he said "I dunno. Smuggle them in! I love reading banners." and then a few hours later "retracted his statement" over Twitter by the direction of Matt.

DevilsSon 04-03-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1119521)

That is not true. Snake Sabo confirmed that Richie apologised but never gave back a cent. It's all a bit of a myth.

Quote:

Probably both. But can I be honest? I am actually happy and excited about this. If he is healthy, that means he'll go out and do solo stuff. And even if his solo stuff sells nothing, it will still be good to see what he comes up with. Maybe play with some other bands he used to be a fan of, do stuff like Late Night shows…whatever whatever whatever. ANYTHING will be BETTER than what Bon Jovi have been doing for years. So, yes. What an unexpected but AWESOME announcement. Finally, no need to be a fan of Jon Bon Bon. It was almost as painful as supporting Alonso only because I love Ferrari :D

liljovi93 04-03-2013 10:41 PM

Well this is quite worrying. I woke up to a text to say that Richie has cancelled and immediately thought that he was back on the drink and is a liability. I got a lot of stick for saying my own opinion about stuff like this on a Bon Jovi page and I can understand why now.

If that TMZ review is right then I agree that the band should just quit. The album and tour has been very very poor for their standards. If they are fighting over money then they have a lot more problems than we think. We know that Jon is a cocky person and tells the band too many times to do this and do that when he is the worst for it but I think this has gone a bit too far now.

Hopefully we get an official announcement soon but it really isn't looking good and it's such a shame that his has happened because they're still by far my favorite band and I would be gutted if they finished.

Let's see anyway...

RonJovi 04-03-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1119523)

You're best not knowing. It's pathetic.