Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Yvonne 05-07-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1127625)
This has become a total shit show, none of it is fun anymore.

Exactly this!

bjcrazycpa 05-07-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1127624)
Doesn't matter, it was offered on the bands official site. They underestimated how important Richie is in Europe and many want their money back.

Not disagreeing with you but seems the band/management overstepped and didn't have the promoters blessing. I don't think it's a matter of the promoters now backtracking I don't think they ever approved refunds in the first place. I don't think there is this big deluge of requests but if I'm proven wrong when all is said and done please feel free to tell me, lol!!

JoviJovi 05-07-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1127630)
Not disagreeing with you but seems the band/management overstepped and didn't have the promoters blessing. I don't think it's a matter of the promoters now backtracking I don't think they ever approved refunds in the first place. I don't think there is this big deluge of requests but if I'm proven wrong when all is said and done please feel free to tell me, lol!!

I don't disagree that mgmt probably overstepped their bounds, but its done so someone needs to come up with the money to give a refund to whoever wants one. If there wasn't a large amount of requests, I think they probably would have just gone along to get along and sorted it out with mgmt directly.

But we will never know how many requests there were because the tickets will be given away before it appears as less than a sell out show.

CKatz 05-07-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1127630)

But why would the band/management be dumb enough to ignore promoters and not discuss this with them? In the end it just makes them look bad, because they publically promised refunds.

bjcrazycpa 05-07-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1127632)
But why would the band/management be dumb enough to ignore promoters and not discuss this with them? In the end it just makes them look bad, because they publically promised refunds.

Seems there is miscommunication somewhere...But, I imagine since the band/management said there would be refunds the promoter will be forced to offer them, if that ends up impacting the bands take then they should just dock Richie...lol!! KIDDING!!

idbl_fanatic 05-07-2013 08:00 PM

Hey, I've been meaning to ask, how did Jon become aware of PhilX in the 1st place? I mean I know he covered for Richie in the past, but how did this happen? Does anyone know?

CKatz 05-07-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1127637)
Hey, I've been meaning to ask, how did Jon become aware of PhilX in the 1st place? I mean I know he covered for Richie in the past, but how did this happen? Does anyone know?

I heard John Shanks recommended him to Jon.

jessycardy 05-07-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

I've read somewhere that it was Richie himself suggesting his name to Jon. I don't have a clear source, though, so take this as it is. Maybe others will provide more details.

Living_on_my_Hair 05-07-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Phil's been known to Jon for quite some time. He jammed with Jon as far back as the Blaze era I believe and played on 'Levon' which was around '91 I think..

Andi

jessycardy 05-07-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1127641)
Phil's been known to Jon for quite some time. He jammed with Jon as far back as the Blaze era I believe and played on 'Levon' which was around '91 I think..

Andi

That's true as well. I remember some cool pics of them back in the days... :)