Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Simon 05-10-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1128194)
You wouldn't need to think about it since the Stones cancelled their tour when Keith Richards couldn't be there. Like every band does when a member can't be there.

That is very true and it bothers me how easily it all goes on without Richie. Don't the Stones' crew members have to put shoes on their kids' feet as well?

Simon 05-10-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1128200)
GNR carried on without Izzy before he offically left.

And for the past years they carry on without Slash. It's like with the Stones, RS ist the equivalent to Keith and in GnR case to Slash, not to Izzy.

CKatz 05-10-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 1128204)
That is very true and it bothers me how easily it all goes on without Richie. Don't the Stones' crew members have to put shoes on their kids' feet as well?

The really sad thing is Bon Jovi claim to be a "brotherhood" and loyal to each other. Apparently loyalty goes out the window when money is involved. What more proof do fans need that the brotherhood image is just bullshit?

Simon 05-10-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboy2002 (Post 1128105)
"I'm just looking at how good you look to me now"

He was talking to the crowd

As much as we'd love to find a Richie remark in there, that is just that what he said.

Much clearer sound (1:20):

Jonty 05-10-2013 02:51 PM

thread is slowing!! down!!

not enough gossip and speculation any more!!

time to talk about a huge 'we love richie' banner for Slane!!

RS8MB0R8 05-10-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1128210)

time to talk about a hugh 'we love richie' banner for Slane!!

I don't think Hugh could hold a banner to support Richie during the Ireland show as he'll be too busy playing.

Having said that, perhaps he could use his 'thingy' to hold it?... or even play? - he strikes me as a man of many talents?

JoviJovi 05-10-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1128210)

time to talk about a hugh 'we love richie' banner for Slane!!

Yeah because pissing off Jon will make it a great show for everyone who spent tons of money to be there. Great plan.

CKatz 05-10-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1128215)
Yeah because pissing off Jon will make it a great show for everyone who spent tons of money to be there. Great plan.

Why would that piss Jon off? Jon needs to get over himself if he would get angry about something like that.

CharlieShipley 05-10-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1128206)
The really sad thing is Bon Jovi claim to be a "brotherhood" and loyal to each other. Apparently loyalty goes out the window when money is involved. What more proof do fans need that the brotherhood image is just bullshit?

How do we know Richie didn't say "Don't stop the tour cause of me. GO GUYS GO!"
I'm kinda sick of all this talk that there has to be something nefarious going on because the guys are on the road. Everything out of Jon and David and Tico's (and even Matt's) doesn't refute the "brotherhood."

And Rolo and Sambo, I agree that Sambora = Richards. I was trying to make the point that the Rolling Stones are still VERY much a force despite not "technically", to use Sambo's logic "The Rolling Stones" because Jones is long passed on and otherwise not present.

I'd be also willing to bet that not touring without Keef was MORE financially motivated than the guys touring without Rich, for those screaming "where's the love."

Also, this may be naive and romantic, but if JBJ and co were to stop touring because of the adversity they face without RS, wouldn't that fly in the face of every "It's My Life," "Livin On A Prayer" message they've ever written/sung?

jovifan93 05-10-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 1128207)
As much as we'd love to find a Richie remark in there, that is just that what he said.

Much clearer sound (1:20):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z6HFkWsBcA

Thx for the video, got it now I think: "Now just look at how good you look to me right now"!