Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

CharlieShipley 05-10-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 (Post 1128212)
I don't think Hugh could hold a banner to support Richie during the Ireland show as he'll be too busy playing.

Having said that, perhaps he could use his 'thingy' to hold it?... or even play? - he strikes me as a man of many talents?

Beat me to the "Hugh holding the banner" joke.

CharlieShipley 05-10-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1128210)
thread is slowing!! down!!

not enough gossip and speculation any more!!

time to talk about a hugh 'we love richie' banner for Slane!!

I agree with Matt Bongiovi on everything, and have never particularly liked "I Believe" or really any of the bands output Pre 2007.

Aaannnd go!

Walkerboy 05-10-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieShipley (Post 1128221)
I agree with Matt Bongiovi on everything, and have never particularly liked "I Believe" or really any of the bands output Pre 2007.

Aaannnd go!

Sat and watched the Yokohama gig from 1996 yesterday.
Wife asked me afterwards if it got me more excited for Hyde Park.
My response "erm, nope, quite the opposite".
She asked why......

The songs back then were more guitar orientated, the chemistry was better and the set-lists perfect. Even the intro with the marching band.... Where's that kind of thing gone!???!??!

Now the set list is bland thanks to the post HAND crap that's been dished out.
Richie is no longer at the forefront, delivering guitar solos (or even present at all) and the chemistry seems to have faded.
Age obviously has taken it's toll on them all too. Hell, Jon was younger then than I am now!!!

I'm going with low expectations, so I can only come away unaffected or happy with what I get.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 05-10-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieShipley (Post 1128116)
Also "casualed" should be added to our vocabulary here.

Haha gotta love that...

JOVI7826 05-10-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieShipley (Post 1128221)

Aaannnd go!

You don't like I Believe?????Oh Dear God, I must be dreaming...This must be a nightmare...

Crushgen24/88 05-10-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1128194)
You wouldn't need to think about it since the Stones cancelled their tour when Keith Richards couldn't be there. Like every band does when a member can't be there.

That's really not true. Plenty of bands have used temporary members when a full-time member is unavailable for part of a tour.

Simon 05-10-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1128254)
That's really not true. Plenty of bands have used temporary members when a full-time member is unavailable for part of a tour.

Yeah, but does that apply for integral members? Have The Stones ever performed without Keef, Queen without Brian May, GnR without Slash etc.? Oasis did have some changes, was it always both Gallaghers?

Certainly these bands won't perform without their lead singer, but what about bass players, drummers etc.? Just curious.

And I'm not talking about line-up changes, like Aerosmith played with two different guitarists in the early 80s (without the integral Joe Perry).

Jonty 05-10-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 (Post 1128212)
I don't think Hugh could hold a banner to support Richie during the Ireland show as he'll be too busy playing.

Having said that, perhaps he could use his 'thingy' to hold it?... or even play? - he strikes me as a man of many talents?

very good!! now corrected the rather poor English!!!

rolo_tomachi 05-10-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieShipley (Post 1128218)

And Rolo and Sambo, I agree that Sambora = Richards. I was trying to make the point that the Rolling Stones are still VERY much a force despite not "technically", to use Sambo's logic "The Rolling Stones" because Jones is long passed on and otherwise not present.

I'd be also willing to bet that not touring without Keef was MORE financially motivated than the guys touring without Rich, for those screaming "where's the love."

Richie is not like Brian Jones. Sambora co-writting, Brian Jones not. Sambora still 29 years in the band, Jones Not.

Tico is appreciated, but Richie is a critical piece in a show of Bon Jovi, like Keith Richards IMO.

Phil is a uncomfortable filler, and if Richie does not return, I will not go, that's my stance.

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9452/killbhil.jpg

LeaJovi 05-10-2013 08:15 PM

The crotch is really disturbing. He looks eager to Kill Phil.