Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Living_on_my_Hair 05-10-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 1128260)
Yeah, but does that apply for integral members? Have The Stones ever performed without Keef, Queen without Brian May, GnR without Slash etc.? Oasis did have some changes, was it always both Gallaghers?

Certainly these bands won't perform without their lead singer, but what about bass players, drummers etc.? Just curious.

And I'm not talking about line-up changes, like Aerosmith played with two different guitarists in the early 80s (without the integral Joe Perry).

Whilst I do think there's a big difference between performing without a founding/integral band member whilst they are still officially a member (and have not left/been fired/died etc and so need replaced ), those examples you gave aren't really the best to give.

Queen have had a couple of lead singers since Freddie died, and still successfully performed and toured as Queen. GNR have performed live (even back in the glory days) without key members such as Duff, Izzy or Steve due to various drug issues. And obviously we all know about today's incarnation of GNR too. I also think Liam would have kept the Oasis name and carried on if contractually he was able to, both brothers still play Oasis tunes at their shows.
I've seen 'stand in' musicians live for bands such as Metallica (when Lars was injured) and Aerosmith, when Perry was AWOL..
Everybody is replaceable to a certain extent - the new incarnation or lineup of a band may differ considerably, but they are still ultimately replaceable (Van Halen, Iron Maiden, ACDC etc)

Andi

Alphavictim 05-10-2013 08:24 PM

Got my cash back for the ticket in Vienna today. Gotta admit - great that they're offering this.

Mysterytrain 05-10-2013 09:11 PM

All recent Richie sightings seem to involve cars.

Martin Wiener: ''Last Saturday with Richie Sambora waiting for his new car to arrive. What a great guy!''

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps85fc192d.jpg

CharlieShipley 05-10-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1128262)
Richie is not like Brian Jones. Sambora co-writting, Brian Jones not. Sambora still 29 years in the band, Jones Not.

Tico is appreciated, but Richie is a critical piece in a show of Bon Jovi, like Keith Richards IMO.

Phil is a uncomfortable filler, and if Richie does not return, I will not go, that's my stance.

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9452/killbhil.jpg

You seem to be intentionally glossing over the points where I said that Sambora is not Brian Jones. When I in fact agree with you and compare him to Keef.

Brian Jones has ceased to be. He is an ex Stone.
Richie however, is merely pining for the fiords.

CharlieShipley 05-10-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOVI7826 (Post 1128244)
You don't like I Believe?????Oh Dear God, I must be dreaming...This must be a nightmare...

I love "I Believe," just trying to liven up the thread :)

rolo_tomachi 05-10-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieShipley (Post 1128277)
You seem to be intentionally glossing over the points where I said that Sambora is not Brian Jones. When I in fact agree with you and compare him to Keef.

Brian Jones has ceased to be. He is an ex Stone.
Richie however, is merely pining for the fiords.

Ok, Just wanted to make this clear, sorry for being repetitive.

DestinationJovi 05-10-2013 09:44 PM

@TheRealPhilX: how is it when celebrities post a political/ world issue tweet, a fan will pick that thread to ask, "what's your favorite ice cream flavor?"

So now he's a celebrity?

@TheRealPhilX: tourist-"could u take our picture?"
me-"sure". tourist-"u look like the guitar player from Bon Jovi the other night". me-"I get that a lot".

Please :rolleyes:

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 05-10-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieShipley (Post 1128278)
I love "I Believe," just trying to liven up the thread :)

Yeah, come on, no one believed you anyway ;)

WillRunForChocolate 05-10-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1128281)
@TheRealPhilX: how is it when celebrities post a political/ world issue tweet, a fan will pick that thread to ask, "what's your favorite ice cream flavor?"

So now he's a celebrity?

In all fairness, I'm not sure he was referring to himself. If he was, well...

I saw that tweet and responded that people are bombarded with politics and world issues. If we all discussed ice cream then the world would be a much better place :)

Wonderdog 05-10-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1128281)

So now he's a celebrity?

@TheRealPhilX: tourist-"could u take our picture?"
me-"sure". tourist-"u look like the guitar player from Bon Jovi the other night". me-"I get that a lot".

Please :rolleyes:

I feel like I'm becoming a member of Phil X defender club or something, but the first tweet he quite clearly isn't referring to himself as no where in his twitter feed has he ever posted a political or world issue tweet.

The second tweet, in no way suggests he thinks he's famous, in fact the opposite... I know people are disappointed Richie isn't playing, but this is really reaching to find fault with his stand in.