Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Captain_jovi 05-10-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonderdog (Post 1128290)
I feel like I'm becoming a member of Phil X defender club or something, but the first tweet he quite clearly isn't referring to himself as no where in his twitter feed has he ever posted a political or world issue tweet.

The second tweet, in no way suggests he thinks he's famous, in fact the opposite... I know people are disappointed Richie isn't playing, but this is really reaching to find fault with his stand in.

Shhh shut that logic up, it has no place here!

Bounce7800 05-10-2013 10:24 PM

The only member of the Bon Jovi camp who actually uses social media and engages with people in a human way and people jump on it. I wouldn't read much into it, especially with Twitters character limit you sometimes need to omit total detail to make the joke/statement fit. Phils a good follow, and seems to be a good guy doing a great job in the circumstances- I'm looking forward to seeing him.

CharlieShipley 05-10-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1128280)
Ok, Just wanted to make this clear, sorry for being repetitive.

No problem :)

DestinationJovi 05-10-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonderdog (Post 1128290)
I feel like I'm becoming a member of Phil X defender club or something, but the first tweet he quite clearly isn't referring to himself as no where in his twitter feed has he ever posted a political or world issue tweet.

The second tweet, in no way suggests he thinks he's famous, in fact the opposite... I know people are disappointed Richie isn't playing, but this is really reaching to find fault with his stand in.

I'm not reaching to find fault with Richie's stand in. It's certainly not Phil's fault Richie isn't touring! However, glorifying yourself causes others to disdain you. "I get that a lot" suggests to me that he's claiming to be frequently recognized as Bon Jovi's guitarist. It just rubbed me the wrong way.

bjcrazycpa 05-10-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1128294)
The only member of the Bon Jovi camp who actually uses social media and engages with people in a human way and people jump on it. I wouldn't read much into it, especially with Twitters character limit you sometimes need to omit total detail to make the joke/statement fit. Phils a good follow, and seems to be a good guy doing a great job in the circumstances- I'm looking forward to seeing him.

Perfect way to put it. If I could fit it with my crazy work schedule, I'd fly across the pond to take in some of the Europe shows.

Wonderdog 05-10-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1128300)
I'm not reaching to find fault with Richie's stand in. It's certainly not Phil's fault Richie isn't touring! However, glorifying yourself causes others to disdain you. "I get that a lot" suggests to me that he's claiming to be frequently recognized as Bon Jovi's guitarist. It just rubbed me the wrong way.

Ok, my interpretation, the "I get that a lot" is a natural thing to say to said tourist,to make it more believable, that's why even if he looks exactly like him, he is not. Be un-rubbed by it ;) , his twitter feed is quite fun to follow. He should be paid by Cape Town Tourism for the past few days.

Becky 05-10-2013 11:13 PM

"I get that a lot" is a cliche answer. It's not offensive or arrogant. Wasn't there a TV show a couple of years ago called, "I get that a lot" where celebrities pretended to be non-celebrities just to see how people reacted to them.

idbl_fanatic 05-10-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1128304)
Perfect way to put it. If I could fit it with my crazy work schedule, I'd fly across the pond to take in some of the Europe shows.

I have to say, your username on here cracks me up

JOVI7826 05-10-2013 11:48 PM

Does anybody know if I could take a refund for the show in Milan,Italy?

bjcrazycpa 05-10-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1128310)
I have to say, your username on here cracks me up

Yea, didn't quite think that through for the educated woman that I am...meaning the "BJ" taken to mean something other than Bon Jovi...ha ha ha, especially to the male mind!!