Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Beaky 05-11-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1128398)
This is where it could get interesting.
Flourish is a Christian women's conference!
I did wonder when Richie dropped out of the tour if there was a possibility he's "found God" (even considered him turning to Islam) and wants a complete lifestyle change. Stating that you're not on tour because you've become a Christian would result in a bigger backlash than staying quiet.

Richie has long been a Catholic... a lapsed one but a Catholic, none the less. I have been informed that his former residence in NJ had religious statues in the garden... I imagine it's just gnomes in LA now though.

nickolai 05-11-2013 01:50 PM

does anyone else feel at that stage that they are just past caring about all this bollocks? Its too exhausting now. Shit album, shit tour, being lied to after spending a shit load of money.

CKatz 05-11-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1128397)
Twitter rumours seemed to suggest Richie might have played at a Flourish conference in Dallas last night. Whether thats true or not, I dont think there's any confirmation of, but if he is doing a solo performance whilst "off sick" from the band tour so to speak, that could put a twist on things.

False alarm. @flourishgirls just tweeted it was a tongue-in-cheek comment.. Would have been very odd...:)

Bounce7800 05-11-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1128415)
False alarm. @flourishgirls just tweeted it was a tongue-in-cheek comment.. Would have been very odd...:)

Just came in to post that, an amusing false alarm!

jessycardy 05-11-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1128275)
All recent Richie sightings seem to involve cars.

Martin Wiener: ''Last Saturday with Richie Sambora waiting for his new car to arrive. What a great guy!''

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps85fc192d.jpg

That's not recent. That tweet is dated January 26, 2012.

https://twitter.com/MartinWiener/sta...71788214210560

gkkes 05-11-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1128300)
I'm not reaching to find fault with Richie's stand in. It's certainly not Phil's fault Richie isn't touring! However, glorifying yourself causes others to disdain you. "I get that a lot" suggests to me that he's claiming to be frequently recognized as Bon Jovi's guitarist. It just rubbed me the wrong way.

I see that as a polite way of not denying and not confirming....
If he'd said " Yeah Man! I'm Phil X " it'd be autographs, pictures blah blah...
"What's up with Richie?" blah blah...

Another example of how he's downplaying the whole situation, he's got my respect across the board. I hope this work brings him loads more great opportunities, because it will be difficult to ever top this!

eddie73 05-11-2013 02:38 PM

After lots of umming and arring, i have given my tickets away for the villa park gig. Its not the sambo issue , its just that im not feeling it this year, i have no excitement about this tour. After being on the 1 show and talking to him i was well pumped for the Europe leg of the tour. But i just don't feel it like i have the shows over the past 29 years.

I for one hope the band jon in particular stops jumping on the bandwagon to stay relevant as its not working ( WAN ALBUM SALES ) and just go back to what they used to do, im sure they will gain more respect for that and get a lot of the older fans back who have dumped on them, like me ! I will continue to browse the boards and have some banter, but as for the band, grow some BOLLOX !
If sambo was to leave, lets get Phil x as replacemnt, or even dave snake sabo ! It would be interesting to see what music would be coming out from the band, or would jon not back down and continue to deliver the same old shite as of the last few albums ( HAND EXCLUDED ).

gkkes 05-11-2013 03:23 PM

p.s. I'm not sure if I'd ever buy a car from a guy called Wiener :p

Becky 05-11-2013 04:41 PM

Awesome. We can add "Found God" to the list of conspiracy theories. That may be the best one of all.

DestinationJovi 05-11-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkkes (Post 1128421)
I see that as a polite way of not denying and not confirming....
If he'd said " Yeah Man! I'm Phil X " it'd be autographs, pictures blah blah...
"What's up with Richie?" blah blah...

Another example of how he's downplaying the whole situation, he's got my respect across the board. I hope this work brings him loads more great opportunities, because it will be difficult to ever top this!

You're missing the point. He's played 16 shows with the band. Richie has probably played 3,000. How many people (other than fans who know who he is) are really recognizing Phil as Bon Jovi's guitarist?

One. One person randomly asked him to take their picture and then realized he looked kind of looked like the guy playing guitar at the show the night before. "I get that a lot" is arrogant. "Thanks man, fun gig!" would be down to earth. "Who is Bon Jovi?" would be downplaying it.

It was just my take on his tweet. It's really not worth the discussion or all this space.