Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Spidey5150 05-12-2013 07:55 PM

If Richie's fine and happy I'm happy for him. Obviously if I had tickets to an upcoming show I'd likely be upset, but I don't. Then again I'm ecstatic to be seeing Guns n' Roses next month, and as we all know it's just Axl and whoever he happens to employ at the time, but it matters not to me. I saw BJ in February and had a killer time. Loved it. The album however is the worst they've ever released. If Richie's done and there's no more new BJ i'm not entirely disappointed with that.

Panda 05-12-2013 07:56 PM

He's obviously sick of the band and frankly, I don't blame him. If he's happy without being with the band, then good for him.

crashed 05-12-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1128755)
This saga continues. Richie is doing himself no favors with tweets like that.

No he's not. For someone who has been one of my heroes since I was a kid, I can't help but feel that he's now destroying that sort of respect with his fan base.

There might well be valid reasons why he's not on tour - but making tweets like that is ripping the piss.

CKatz 05-12-2013 08:02 PM

I think he is done with the band. He is happy, I'm happy for him. The band has become a sinking ship anyway.

Becky 05-12-2013 08:05 PM

And is he calling the fans mothers as in female parents or mothers as in mother-f-ers? Again, not doing himself any favors. Whatever. If I had the chance to see the band with Phil, that would be fine with me. I saw him twice the last time Richie didn't show up and he was great.

Beaky 05-12-2013 08:10 PM

This really does feel like he's using Twitter to put pressure on Jon; showing how happy he is, etc.

I am thinking, more and more, that they are leaving us hanging so we can reach our own conclusion and he just won't come back. I don't think it'll ever be explained but I really, honestly think he's done with it.

F*ck me, I would LOVE a Richie book, though...

'Raise Your Glands - My Life as a Cocksman'

'Sticks To Your Buns'

Okay, I am going to stop now...

nrm123 05-12-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1128752)
I am more and more sure that he doesnt have a band anymore with that he could tour.

There's a difference between Jon and Richie. Everyone sees Jon as Bon Jovi therefore the band it will never be the same without one of the main members. But Richie could tour with session players like his solo tour and it would still be great.

Wonderdog 05-12-2013 08:25 PM

A question. Has he announced a winner in the cover contest?

Crushgen24/88 05-12-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1128757)
He's obviously sick of the band and frankly, I don't blame him. If he's happy without being with the band, then good for him.

I know I'm a broken record with this, but if that's the case then I WOULD be happy for him if he hadn't done it in the middle of the tour. I don't care how "sick of the band" he was, he should have finished out his commitments first.

Becky 05-12-2013 08:40 PM

I don't think his posts are meant to pressure Jon. He posted recently that he loved the band. I don't think it's a band issue. I think he's got some personal issue and is just being a dick and not handling himself very well by acting like all is well when he's not fulfilling his commitments. He either needs to tell the truth or STFU.