Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

gkkes 05-13-2013 09:12 AM

His tweet on 30th March says a LOT (2 days before Calgary)
@TheRealSambora "Hey did anybody listen to Forgiveness St today?"
Is he talking about Jon here?

Another moment of a lost conversation
A chance to understand, then passing us by
Careless words and a wounded situation
In our silence it's a struggle to survive
Please meet me on the other side
Don't be afraid to cross

On the corner of compassion,
shattered streetlight in the dark
When faith is lost and wandering
in your lover's heart
Drops of sidewalk desperation,
collected at your feet
An unlocked house is waiting,
at the end of Forgiveness Street

Faded polaroids of my regrets,
and my memories I never thought would last
In a box I kept them underneath my bed,
but the pain was running deeper than the past
It was supposed to stay unopened
That's where I got hurt

I found my way home to that
house of forgiveness street
Tired of carrying the pain
from dragging that cross
Someone stole all the signs
that led to forgiveness street
I'm broken inside, so here I am,
still standing all alone

steel_horse75 05-13-2013 09:15 AM

Im now at the stage where I think Richie has left and thats fine.

Lets say he has. Then he should have quit before the album release and tour or the band should have said this is Jovis last album and last tour.

I dont mind the band carrying on touring while Richie has his midlife crisis as by cancelling the tour they are letting 100,000s of fans down but by carrying on touring they are clearing saying - its not our fault its Richies. But after this tour then the band should call it quits if another of the original member has left. 1 out of 5 members leaving - and that member just being a touring bassist is no big deal. But to have one of the main members leave just becomes stupid and pointless.

I just think if Richie was considering quiting he should have done before the tour.

jovigirloz 05-13-2013 09:21 AM

Just my thought, but maybe he wanted to quit before the tour. Jon talked him into hitting the road with a promise of see how it goes blah blah, never thinking that Richie would quit while on tour, and Richie decided he had had enough. Jon is keeping the peace and hoping he will be back at some stage as surely he can see crap album, poor ticket sales that things are on the downward slide and no Richie will not help matters.

eddie73 05-13-2013 09:23 AM

Maybe he is trying to prove a point to Jon. " Im a major player in this this band, Just as important as you , lets see how ticket sales and refunds go ,without me as the guitarist "

Jon is just, me me me me me me !

CKatz 05-13-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkkes (Post 1128924)
His tweet on 30th March says a LOT (2 days before Calgary)
@TheRealSambora "Hey did anybody listen to Forgiveness St today?"
Is he talking about Jon here?

Another moment of a lost conversation
A chance to understand, then passing us by
Careless words and a wounded situation
In our silence it's a struggle to survive
Please meet me on the other side
Don't be afraid to cross

On the corner of compassion,
shattered streetlight in the dark
When faith is lost and wandering
in your lover's heart
Drops of sidewalk desperation,
collected at your feet
An unlocked house is waiting,
at the end of Forgiveness Street

Faded polaroids of my regrets,
and my memories I never thought would last
In a box I kept them underneath my bed,
but the pain was running deeper than the past
It was supposed to stay unopened
That's where I got hurt

I found my way home to that
house of forgiveness street
Tired of carrying the pain
from dragging that cross
Someone stole all the signs
that led to forgiveness street
I'm broken inside, so here I am,
still standing all alone

I can't believe this song wasn't released on Aftermath. It's amazing.

Bounce7800 05-13-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1128925)

I just think if Richie was considering quiting he should have done before the tour.

Maybe he tried to just Jon convinced him to give it a go and he couldn't stick it out. Who knows. But again, I'd be more inclined to believe this if he hadn't been the one performing out of his skin at the shows he was at whilst Jon just stood motionless.
It's annoying that his Twitter responses (maybe deliberately) answer nothing. It would be very easy for him to allay concerns but as yet he hasn't. Not that he's a social media expert, and he was certainly burned on Twitter before so now he seldom responds to anyone, but even he could do better- if not someone should be able to tell him to.

CKatz 05-13-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1128931)
Maybe he tried to just Jon convinced him to give it a go and he couldn't stick it out. Who knows. But again, I'd be more inclined to believe this if he hadn't been the one performing out of his skin at the shows he was at whilst Jon just stood motionless.
It's annoying that his Twitter responses (maybe deliberately) answer nothing. It would be very easy for him to allay concerns but as yet he hasn't. Not that he's a social media expert, and he was certainly burned on Twitter before so now he seldom responds to anyone, but even he could do better- if not someone should be able to tell him to.

When he was still new to twitter, he responded quite a bit. But then he was bombarded with pathetic "Notice me! Answer me! Retweet me! Follow me! Say hi to me! Or I will die!" requests. Those people ruined it for the reasonable people who asked him questions, I think.

jessycardy 05-13-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efiste2 (Post 1128842)
I do find it strange that JBJ hasnt mentioned him in any show that Im aware of, or deictaed a song to him etc etc

He did, just not recently. Both mentioned him and "dedicated" a song to him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1128904)
He is fine staying home, twindling his thumbs, driving his daughter and meeting his car dealership, instead of playing 2 sold out shows in Africa.

I know your point is valid either way, but my OCD just needs to point out he didn't meet with his car dealership, that was an old picture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1128890)
Newest tweet:

Richie Sambora @TheRealSambora

Oh about the contest... So many to go thru and so much greatness I gotta come up with a plan... So many talented people....

9:16pm - 12 May 13

What strikes me the most about this latest tweet is "I gotta come up with a plan". Sounds to me like: "I have no time/possibility to check all the videos, but I need to find a way". Or something along those lines, you know what I'm saying? But I just don't see him as "not having the time", he seems pretty "carefree" (pass me the term) driving his daughter to school, hanging out with her and stuff. Then again, we can't really judge his life by his sporadic tweets, I know. Just found the wording interesting.

Bounce7800 05-13-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1128935)
When he was still new to twitter, he responded quite a bit. But then he was bombarded with pathetic "Notice me! Answer me! Retweet me! Follow me! Say hi to me! Or I will die!" requests. Those people ruined it for the reasonable people who asked him questions, I think.

There was that, but then every celeb gets them. He was burned with a case of mistaken identity though not long after he joined, he chatted to some bloke who he thought he knew but turns out it wasn't that person, he got a bit nasty and Richie hasn't really responded much after that and just used it as a 1 way street, which is a shame as its best when its a 2 way interaction.

MrNickel 05-13-2013 12:01 PM

Look at the difference between this interview with Richie, Ticco and David compared to the interview Jon gave to the same guy where he was a real dry arse.

The guys seem much more at ease, Jon takes over everything when hes there.