Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   SiriusXM Bon Jovi Radio ch. 709 stuff (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70840)

Boebi 06-08-2023 09:01 AM

I took a quick look at my CD collection. On the one Lie to me single there is a Radio Edit version. Maybe you just heard this version?

Lausanne 1998 (Jon)
Zürich 2000
Stuttgart & Zürich 2001
Dublin & Glasgow 2003
Stuttgart, München & Bern 2006
Leipzig & Hamburg 2008
Zürich 2011
Bern 2013

Thinny 06-08-2023 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 (Post 1285287)
Just listening to BJ radio waiting for the announcement for Live From The Archives, and I'm pretty sure they just played a version of Lie To Me with an alternate mix. It didn't have the Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs at the start and seemed to have louder orchestration.

Anyone heard this before?

There was an AC mix of a US promo CD that was heavier on keyboards (guitar solo was replaced with an organ solo) - but it still had the "yeahs"....

StickToYourGuns45 06-09-2023 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1285289)
There was an AC mix of a US promo CD that was heavier on keyboards (guitar solo was replaced with an organ solo) - but it still had the "yeahs"....

Hmmm interesting. Have listened to all the alternative versions on the BJ channel on YouTube and none of them are the same. Very odd.

Thought at first it was my phone playing in Mono or something, but not the case.

Will keep searching.

StickToYourGuns45 06-09-2023 05:08 AM

Zurich 2000 repeat this week. Should be part 1.

Kathleen 06-09-2023 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 (Post 1285292)
Zurich 2000 repeat this week. Should be part 1.

Thanks for the update - that's a repeat for me.

GabrielC 06-16-2023 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 (Post 1285291)
Hmmm interesting. Have listened to all the alternative versions on the BJ channel on YouTube and none of them are the same. Very odd.

Thought at first it was my phone playing in Mono or something, but not the case.

Will keep searching.

Is it the alternate version, maybe?

StickToYourGuns45 06-16-2023 04:51 AM

Assuming this week will be Zurich 2000 Part 2. TBC.

Kathleen 06-17-2023 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 (Post 1285316)
Assuming this week will be Zurich 2000 Part 2. TBC.

I assumed the same - thanks.

StickToYourGuns45 06-18-2023 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1285320)
I assumed the same - thanks.

Haha all assumptions were correct!

Pivek 06-23-2023 10:11 AM

This week repeat of MetLife NJ 2010 part 1.

Rdkopper 06-23-2023 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pivek (Post 1285353)
This week repeat of MetLife NJ 2010 part 1.

I'm so glad I dropped my Sirius Subscription 2 months ago. And Experience over a year ago.

Such a wasted opportunity on both.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

Thinny 06-23-2023 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1285358)
I'm so glad I dropped my Sirius Subscription 2 months ago. And Experience over a year ago.

Such a wasted opportunity on both.

I mean - the Experience I get, but at the end of the day I now have a collection of 50+ live albums taken from the Sirius broadcasts - ok it's not all fantastic content, but it's stuff we didn't have before, mostly. Yes it could be better, but if it ended tomorrow, I'm quite happy with what we got

Captain_jovi 06-23-2023 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1285359)
I mean - the Experience I get, but at the end of the day I now have a collection of 50+ live albums taken from the Sirius broadcasts - ok it's not all fantastic content, but it's stuff we didn't have before, mostly. Yes it could be better, but if it ended tomorrow, I'm quite happy with what we got

I don't know why people are so obsessed with getting the rarest, never heard stuff. Completely misses the plot of why this is happening. If you're someone who already had Sirius, this is a great bonus. If you continuously think the band cares about our side of the sandbox, I have an acre of land to sell ya.

Rdkopper 06-23-2023 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1285360)
I don't know why people are so obsessed with getting the rarest, never heard stuff. Completely misses the plot of why this is happening. If you're someone who already had Sirius, this is a great bonus. If you continuously think the band cares about our side of the sandbox, I have an acre of land to sell ya.

But here is the Zinger. They know what fans want and crave but refuse to deliver.
Remember back what was initially advertised? Rare and Never Heard stuff. That's what The Experience was. The Peter Pan song? What happened to that? It's all been promised but never delivered.

fanofrem 06-30-2023 12:17 PM

Any news for today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 06-30-2023 01:20 PM

I assume it'll be MetLife part 2.

bonjovi90 06-30-2023 09:56 PM

From the band's IG:

Quote:

The holiday weekend calls for a Bon Jovi @siriusxm Radio 4th of July Special! 🇺🇸

Listen starting TONIGHT at 6PM ET for 6 hours of nonstop live Bon Jovi music spread across 4 U.S. venues.

Swipe for the full schedule and let us know which tracks you'll be listening in for all weekend long 🎸

Captain_jovi 06-30-2023 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1285361)
But here is the Zinger. They know what fans want and crave but refuse to deliver.
Remember back what was initially advertised? Rare and Never Heard stuff. That's what The Experience was. The Peter Pan song? What happened to that? It's all been promised but never delivered.

What fans? The few hundred of us? They're talking to the people who don't collect everything, the ones who they're selling products too. Not the ones that complained when the New Jersey re-release had songs we already had and how dare they do that.

If they manged to do an ACTUAL sign of appreciation to the die-hards I'd be thrilled but my god, no one but us has heard all the shows that went from Youtube to Sirius. It's a rip off to us but it's not about us.

StickToYourGuns45 07-01-2023 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1285406)
From the band's IG:

Did anyone listen? 1st show was MSG 2008. Fell asleep during that one haha

Edit,. Last show was Sunrise 06

Rdkopper 07-02-2023 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1285412)
What fans? The few hundred of us? They're talking to the people who don't collect everything, the ones who they're selling products too. Not the ones that complained when the New Jersey re-release had songs we already had and how dare they do that.

If they manged to do an ACTUAL sign of appreciation to the die-hards I'd be thrilled but my god, no one but us has heard all the shows that went from Youtube to Sirius. It's a rip off to us but it's not about us.

Trust me, the only people listening to Bon Jovi Radio are the ones who collect everything.

I'm very well aware of what other artists give their fans and Bon Jovi is definitely behind the 8 ball. Springsteen gives his fans everything.

However, the most disappointing factor is how they over-hype everything but never deliver.

rolo_tomachi 07-02-2023 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 (Post 1285427)
Did anyone listen? 1st show was MSG 2008. Fell asleep during that one haha

Edit,. Last show was Sunrise 06

MSG 2008
Hollywood Palladium 1992
Nashville 2013
Sunrise 2006

Kathleen 07-03-2023 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1285429)
MSG 2008
Hollywood Palladium 1992
Nashville 2013
Sunrise 2006

Thanks for that info. I recorded this by starting the recording and walking away until the next morning (I had guests).
I would have had fits editing this so I am glad I dont have to :)

lolo5769 07-07-2023 06:23 PM

hi

Someone know the gig from tonight ?

See ya

Laurent

rolo_tomachi 07-08-2023 12:06 AM

Stuttgart 6.16.1996 --- part 1
:eek:

-Lay your Hands on Me (with Intro Orchesta)
-Bad Medicine
-All I Want Is Everything
-You Give Love A Bad Name
-Runaway
-Diamond Ring (acapella) / Bed Of Roses
-Rockin’ All Over The World
-Blood On Blood
-Wanted Dead Or Alive (acoustic)
-I’d Die For You (acoustic)
-In These Arms (acoustic)
-Something For The Pain
-Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
-I'll Sleep When I'm Dead / Jumpin' Jack Flash
-Keep The Faith

Amazing show.

StickToYourGuns45 07-08-2023 12:09 AM

Full set from Stuttgart.

Setlist:

01. Lay Your Hands On Me

02. Bad Medicine

03. All I Want Is Everything

04. You Give Love A Bad Name

05. Runaway

06. Diamond Ring (acapella)

07. Bed Of Roses

08. Rockin’ All Over The World

09. Blood On Blood

10. Wanted Dead Or Alive (acoustic)

11. I’d Die For You (acoustic)

12. In These Arms (acoustic)

13. Something For The Pain

14. Someday I’ll Be Saturday Night

15. I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead

16. Keep The Faith

Encore I:

17. Always

18. Blaze Of Glory

19. These Days

Encore II:

20. My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms

21. Something To Believe In

22. Hey God

Encore III:

23. Rockin’ In The Free World

24. Lie To Me

25. Because The Night (acapella)

26. Damned

27. Livin’ On A Prayer

Kathleen 07-08-2023 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1285447)

-Bad Medicine
-Runaway
-Blood On Blood
-Something For The Pain
-I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
-Keep The Faith

Amazing show.

Damnit - I missed this tonight. Will grab a repeat tomorrow or Sunday.

StickToYourGuns45 07-08-2023 01:54 AM

Quote:

-Bad Medicine
-Runaway
-Blood On Blood
-Something For The Pain
-Keep The Faith

Amazing show.

Amazing!! Also was cool that Obie included the ending of the LOAP studio outro.

Can't believe we now have shows from 93 and 96.

bonjovi90 07-08-2023 08:39 AM

NOW we're talking! [emoji846] Nice show

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk

Nige 07-08-2023 09:31 AM

Quote:

-Bad Medicine
-Runaway
-Blood On Blood
-Something For The Pain
-Keep The Faith

Amazing show.

What a birthday present for me - thanks Obie!

faith1985 07-08-2023 11:12 AM

Hey Guys,

is there a vpn that is working for using SiriusXM?

That would be helpful.

Thanks!

taker5962 07-08-2023 12:54 PM

GREAAAAT
Thanks Obie for this one. Hope a full show !

Thierry 07-08-2023 04:19 PM

Wow this is awesome!

Captain_jovi 07-08-2023 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1285428)
Trust me, the only people listening to Bon Jovi Radio are the ones who collect everything.

I'm very well aware of what other artists give their fans and Bon Jovi is definitely behind the 8 ball. Springsteen gives his fans everything.

However, the most disappointing factor is how they over-hype everything but never deliver.

What are you basing the first part on? I'm genuinely curious. I'm basing what I'm saying on the last 20 years of watching the band put out sub-par products aimed at the ones who buy cheap merch and handcloths.

Of course what other bands are doing is better, this organization has completely ignored us. Springsteen has trained his fans for decades with multiple hour shows where sometimes he just won't play the songs you might know him for. This band refuses to drop one of the main 8 or so songs people expect. They ain't the same and the comparison falls flat when you consider the different fanbases the management has created.

rolo_tomachi 07-08-2023 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1285458)
Wow this is awesome!

Yeah, now let's see if next week we get the full part 2.

Obie, please!! don't remove any songs.

Faceman 07-08-2023 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1285459)
Of course what other bands are doing is better, this organization has completely ignored us. Springsteen has trained his fans for decades with multiple hour shows where sometimes he just won't play the songs you might know him for. This band refuses to drop one of the main 8 or so songs people expect. They ain't the same and the comparison falls flat when you consider the different fanbases the management has created.

Exactly!
Burning Bridges is the best example how much Jon cherishes his own music: Not at all! A throw-away album that has some of their best work of the decade but is completely ignored due to what it is from Jon's point of view.
When we look at Springsteen: He plays newly written songs just for the sake of playing them without knowing if they will even make the next record, he plays outtakes, B-Sides, Box Set songs...He lives for his music, cherishes his music and respects his fans' wishes.

Captain_jovi 07-08-2023 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1285462)
Exactly!
Burning Bridges is the best example how much Jon cherishes his own music: Not at all! A throw-away album that has some of their best work of the decade but is completely ignored due to what it is from Jon's point of view.
When we look at Springsteen: He plays newly written songs just for the sake of playing them without knowing if they will even make the next record, he plays outtakes, B-Sides, Box Set songs...He lives for his music, cherishes his music and respects his fans' wishes.

Burning Bridges confirmed to me that he still writes those songs and wants to write those songs but doesn't want to release them and stray from cookie cutter. My cockamamie thought has always been These Days and Destination Anywhere, both so adventurous lyrically, tanked so hard in America it warped the type of music that he puts out. There are exceptions and gems but it's a stark contrast.

StickToYourGuns45 07-08-2023 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1285454)
Hey Guys,

That would be helpful.

Thanks!

Hey Faith,

I'm in Australia and I use NordVPN which works well. The challenge was setting up a Sirius XM account. From memory I had to make a US based google account with my credit card vis google pay. I couldn't seem to make aSXM account via their app.

Rdkopper 07-08-2023 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1285454)
Hey Guys,

That would be helpful.

Thanks!

The show is on YouTube. Just search for it

faith1985 07-09-2023 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 (Post 1285468)
Hey Faith,

I'm in Australia and I use NordVPN which works well. The challenge was setting up a Sirius XM account. From memory I had to make a US based google account with my credit card vis google pay. I couldn't seem to make aSXM account via their app.

Thank you very much! This should help a lot!!

Peter_Nik 07-09-2023 10:03 AM

This is unbelievable! I hope we will get the second part of the show and finally hear another SBD version of My Guitar bleeding... not just the one from Yokohama 96. :rolleyes: