Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

kenobi_on_a_prayer 04-15-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1122319)
Aloha !

Alright, while my rendition of Every Road was rendering I had some time to record RonJovi's take on What's Left Of Me. I have to admit I rewrote many lines in the song, some lines didn't flow well and, well, I felt some other things needed to be addressed. :D

Enjoy. http://www.bonjovi-archives.com/whatsleftofus.mp3

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

LOL oh man... nicely done.

Sami 04-15-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Aloha !

Alright, while my rendition of Every Road was rendering I had some time to record RonJovi's take on What's Left Of Me. I have to admit I rewrote many lines in the song, some lines didn't flow well and, well, I felt some other things needed to be addressed. :D

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Bobby´s solo in here is in a league of it´s own.

Roxannah 04-15-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

haha, brilliant. both this and RonJovi's lyrics :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sami (Post 1122491)
Bobby´s solo in here is in a league of it´s own.

you can clearly tell Bobby isn't doing this solo. too complex and intricate.

TheseDaysEra 04-15-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jublke (Post 1122440)
My apologies in advance to all of the Bongiovis for this chorus:

It's my wife
She said no booze, no never
And now Richie's gone forever
I just want to tour while I'm alive
(It's my wife)
I'll miss him on the open highway
Dorothea said,
"You'll do it my way!"
Without my wife!

jublke

LOL brilliant !!!

Lindy 04-15-2013 08:02 PM

Did you guys know Tico's on Twitter - Tico Torres @TicoTorresReal and he did say something about Richie in his posts only problem is all his posts are in Spanish:rolleyes:

Bounce7800 04-15-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindy (Post 1122514)
Did you guys know Tico's on Twitter - Tico Torres @TicoTorresReal and he did say something about Richie in his posts only problem is all his posts are in Spanish:rolleyes:

It's a fake account.

bjcrazycpa 04-15-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindy (Post 1122514)

When you look at the profile it says "fake" in the description. The verified check on there is just imposed it's not a live link that says, "verified".

Lindy 04-15-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1122516)
When you look at the profile it says "fake" in the description. The verified check on there is just imposed it's not a live link that says, "verified".

I know nothing about Twitter as I don't have an account I just happened to be looking for something else and I saw that....sorry.

kekko21 04-15-2013 08:45 PM

Is he still alive?

Lisa71 04-15-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kekko21 (Post 1122528)
Is he still alive?

Seriously, it's like he has disappeared. Nothing at all from him, nothing.

Kryten2340 04-15-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1122532)

Which makes the theory that he's back in rehab all the more plausible. Either that or he's involved in a legal matter hence the lack of Twitter however I would expect to see some paparazzi shot if that was the case.

Kryten2340 04-15-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jublke (Post 1122440)
My apologies in advance to all of the Bongiovis for this chorus:

It's my wife
She said no booze, no never
And now Richie's gone forever
(It's my wife)
I'll miss him on the open highway
Dorothea said,
"You'll do it my way!"
Without my wife!

jublke

Which version is it? The Crush version or the slower, sadder This Left Feels Right version?

DestinationJovi 04-15-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1122532)

Which is so bizarre. LA is a bubble. TMZ and all the gossip sites were all over this story. How have the paparazzi not spotted him somewhere??

jublke 04-15-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1122535)
Which is so bizarre. LA is a bubble. TMZ and all the gossip sites were all over this story. How have the paparazzi not spotted him somewhere??

My bet is that he's not really in LA.

jublke

jublke 04-15-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten2340 (Post 1122534)
Which version is it? The Crush version or the slower, sadder This Left Feels Right version?

Whichever version scans better. ;)

jublke

Lindy 04-15-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jublke (Post 1122538)

jublke

I was thinking the same thing that he might be in Jersey trying to get his mom back into her house. This Sun (April 21) will be 6 years since his dad died so maybe she's been on him about going home...just a thought.

DestinationJovi 04-15-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jublke (Post 1122538)

jublke

Very possible, but I'm surprised the paps didn't at least get a shot of him at the airport leaving since the media jumped on the story of him not rejoining the band on the road.

jublke 04-15-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1122543)
Very possible, but I'm surprised the paps didn't at least get a shot of him at the airport leaving since the media jumped on the story of him not rejoining the band on the road.

Maybe he drove somewhere? I agree, it is curious. But kudos to him for outwitting the paparazzi. Eleven days since he updated his Twitter feed ...

rocknation 04-15-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1122516)

Of course it's fake -- it's written in Portuguese, not Spanish! Does the band know about this?

Becky 04-15-2013 11:18 PM

I think the lack of Richie sightings and tweetings indicates he's in rehab. He snuck in through the back door so the paparazzi wouldn't see him and everyone on the inside is tied to confidentiality laws to protect him. It what makes the most sense at this point. He may be in some facility in Utah or somewhere else out of the limelight.

Walleris 04-15-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1122547)
I think the lack of Richie sightings and tweetings indicates he's in rehab. He snuck in through the back door so the paparazzi wouldn't see him and everyone on the inside is tied to confidentiality laws to protect him. It what makes the most sense at this point. He may be in some facility in Utah or somewhere else out of the limelight.

My thoughts exactly. This theory was initially rejected, because Richie "looked fit and sounded great", but when you think of all the other theories the people here have come up with, the "Richie was in too good of a shape to be in rehab" is weaker than arguments against other theories. Especially, after it was pointed out by someone (don't remember by who, sorry!) that he probably doesn't want to admit it this time, because it's humiliating for him and the comparing this situation to bad relationships I felt was on the spot too.

If that's indeed true, I just feel sorry for Jon for having to take all that crap for being "greedy with money" or "belittling Richie" and "finally kick him out of the band" if it turns out that in fact he is just protecting Richie's privacy and image.

Bounce7800 04-15-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1122549)

If that's indeed true, I just feel sorry for Jon for having to take all that crap for being "greedy with money" or "belittling Richie" and "finally kick him out of the band" if it turns out that in fact he is just protecting Richie's privacy and image.

I'm sure Jon couldn't give a shiny shit about those news reports if that was the case, as he would know they are bullshit. If anything he is probably laughing at the rumours made up if he does know the real reason. He has enough of a distrust of the press anyway, this wont have changed that.

Walleris 04-15-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1122550)
I'm sure Jon couldn't give a shiny shit about those news reports if that was the case, as he would know they are bullshit. If anything he is probably laughing at the rumours made up if he does know the real reason. He has enough of a distrust of the press anyway, this wont have changed that.

He may not care about media much himself, but he knows that a percentage of his audience is "intelectually challanged" (not literally off course, but I'm talking a casual woman who screams when he shakes his ass during We Got It Goin' On) and those people are probably gonna believe everything they read about Jon and that off course affects his image and perhaps a person believes these stories, declares Jon an asshole and guilty in this situation and decides not to buy a ticket to an upcoming show.

Kathleen 04-15-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

I (reluctantly) came to the same conclusion a few days ago. As you say - it makes the most sense. Personally I would rather hear some honesty but obviously he need not advertise this.

DestinationJovi 04-16-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

I agree that it's what makes the most sense given his history and that he has seemed to disappear, but the previous times it was so obvious that he was headed there. He was a sloppy mess on stage. I didn't think he gave any indication on the first leg that he had fallen off the wagon. I suppose it could've happened while he was on vacation in Hawaii though. It just seems sudden if that's the case.

The Rock 04-16-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

I am incline to believe this too. Wouldn't Richie want to be seen, to at least dispel the rumors? There are stories that he was kicked off due to booze and women. If we saw a picture of him, we could confirm for ourselves that he fine and maybe there is truth to the story that TMZ first ran. The fact, that Richie is not showing himself either, speaks volumes. If he was indeed fighting with Jon, I think he would go out on purpose in his way of giving the finger to Jon, if they were fighting.

DestinationJovi 04-16-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1122552)
I (reluctantly) came to the same conclusion a few days ago. As you say - it makes the most sense. Personally I would rather hear some honesty but obviously he need not advertise this.

I agree. I think it was only advertised in the past because the first time was immediately following his DUI and the second time right after the CMT Unplugged show in 2007. After both incidents he kind of had to make it public since he publicly showed he desperately needed it.

Becky 04-16-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1122554)
I am incline to believe this too. Wouldn't Richie want to be seen, to at least dispel the rumors? There are stories that he was kicked off due to booze and women. If we saw a picture of him, we could confirm for ourselves that he fine and maybe there is truth to the story that TMZ first ran. The fact, that Richie is not showing himself either, speaks volumes. If he was indeed fighting with Jon, I think he would go out on purpose in his way of giving the finger to Jon, if they were fighting.

My thoughts exactly. If he were fighting with Jon, I'd expect him to be out and about and showing that he was fine.

samboraisgodUK 04-16-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1122555)
I agree. I think it was only advertised in the past because the first time was immediately following his DUI and the second time right after the CMT Unplugged show in 2007. After both incidents he kind of had to make it public since he publicly showed he desperately needed it.

What about his stint in rehab in 2011 then?

DestinationJovi 04-16-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1122563)
What about his stint in rehab in 2011 then?

Good point. I don't recall anything specific happening before he checked himself into rehab in 2011. Maybe he just made it public since it's a valid reason to miss a leg of the tour. I guess if he is back in rehab, as others have said, a 3rd stint and a 2nd missed tour leg because of it is probably embarrassing.

Still seems odd to me though that he didn't notify Jon until 3:30 show day.

SadieLady 04-16-2013 02:21 AM

I know he really enjoyed the Coachella festival last year with his daughter and he had mentioned going again this year.

crashed 04-16-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyLady (Post 1122574)
I know he really enjoyed the Coachella festival last year with his daughter and he had mentioned going again this year.

lol wouldn't that be weird if he just suddenly showed up there with Ava.

Becky 04-16-2013 02:34 AM

He tweeted about Boston. He LIVES!

I hope that everyone is healing from that severe act of cowardness in Boston.. My heart goes out....

Spidey5150 04-16-2013 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1122578)
He tweeted about Boston. He LIVES!

I hope that everyone is healing from that severe act of cowardness in Boston.. My heart goes out....

I just came here to post that. First tweet in awhile. The official BJ account has yet to comment on Boston.

Becky 04-16-2013 02:55 AM

The JBJ Soul Foundation commented about 4 hours ago:

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and families affected by today’s explosions at the Boston Marathon.

Lisa71 04-16-2013 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1122575)
lol wouldn't that be weird if he just suddenly showed up there with Ava.

She is there this year, he is not.

Mysterytrain 04-16-2013 03:58 AM

Well, I have to say I'm pleased to see Richie's Tweet, though I'm saddened by the tragedy in Boston and those affected. It speaks well of him that he would choose to Tweet his support when he is probably going through something significant in his own life right now.

CKatz 04-16-2013 07:26 AM

Looks like he's not in rehab because cell phones, laptops and other electronical devices are not allowed there.

The Rock 04-16-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1122603)
Looks like he's not in rehab because cell phones, laptops and other electronical devices are not allowed there.

Whose to say he wrote that tweet..........

CKatz 04-16-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1122604)
Whose to say he wrote that tweet..........

If someone else was tweeting for him, then that person would have tweeted this whole time.
Besides, the tweet said "cowardness" instead of "cowardice"...Richie's spelling and grammar have always been pretty bad..lol I think it was his tweet.