Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

rolo_tomachi 05-17-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1130145)
Yes, but it's not like Jon's been playing those two songs of his on tour either, has he? And, honestly... as I said, I don't think it's about solo songs being played, but if that was indeed the case, it would make Richie the biggest asshole on the planet for dropping everything mid-tour because of that. Since I believe in Richie, I don't think that's the case.

Jon could leave Richie sing those songs. For me it would be perfect.

jessycardy 05-17-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130147)
Jon could leave Richie sing those songs. For me it would be perfect.

Yeah, well... not my point.

Solid Sambora 05-17-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130146)
I could do it in five minutes, but I will not. People are tired of my images, and I also. I'm in sleep mode. You will have to deal with my poor English.

You speak/write English better than a lot natives. :)

JordanRose 05-17-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1130072)
About the 'rushed' thing...

What About Now was NOT scheduled to be recorded last year, Jon has admitted this. He has stated that he found himself writing songs while Richie was working on AOTL and he wanted the album out ahead of schedule because of it's supposed social commentary and relevance to the state of the world, right now...

So originally, we can PRESUME that Richie thought he could write his album and release it, while promoting it this year. At the same time, he could be writing for Bon Jovi in 2013 and recording the new band album. It didn't happen like this.

Does Richie have a right to be a little p*ssed off? Sure. Especially as his album has bombed too. Should he be committed to Bon Jovi? 100%. I would be a hypocrite to say I will miss his performances and not say I am f*cking livid with him if his reasons are anything close what I am guessing at.

He is part of a band and whatever my feelings towards the new album, he should be on tour and he should be promoting it.

Slightly surprised by this. On the surface it doesn't quite seem to jive with the entirety of your frustrations expressed this year.

You say 'He is part of a band and....he should be promoting it'.

But you've stated repeatedly that it's not a Bon Jovi album among all the many, many other things wrong with the studio output, the live shows and the JBJ Corporate Empire in general.

What you've just said basically amounts to saying 'Richie is part of a band so if Jon wants to put out a shit JBJ solo record under the Bon Jovi name every year for the next 10 years then Richie and the band had better support it'. But you haven't said why he should be committed and support it other than because he's in the band.

At this point, given the train wreck the band as a whole has become, i'm surprised you aren't somewhat optimistic for the long term. If Richie continues supporting Jon there is far more chance the status-quo will continue and we'll get more fad-chasing albums for the next decade and more dull tours (I don't think you're right that the current and recent course would eventually lead the band into playing smaller venues due to dwindling demand to see them live).

If Richie doesn't bow to pressure then what this potentially does is open up a conversation with Jon about all the things we (and presumably he) are frustrated with.

When The Stones got together to make A Bigger Bang it was the first time Mick and Keith had written together face to face for an album in about 2 decades.

As frustrating as this silence/stalemate is at the minute we have no idea how it's going to play out and it could be to the benefit of everyone.

Slakk 05-17-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aljo (Post 1130077)
WOW! "If at all he chooses to come back." I don't remember Jon saying that in any other interview. Also, Jon seems a bit nervous to me, playing with that spoon. I think he's made it very clear by saying that sentence "if at all he chooses to come back"

Yep. I am happy Jon put it where it should be. Right at Richie's feet. To me it sounds like they are tired of his shit and he needs to grow up. In fact now I do hope they come by my area and I will buy a ticket if for nothing else then to support the guys out there doing it like PROFESSIONALS!

samboraisgodUK 05-17-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1130105)
I didn't say otherwise did I? Of course there's several damn good reasons for them to make up... the point I am making is this:

If this is illness/tragedy/emergency - there is a better chance of Richie coming back than if they're having a battle of wills... wouldn't you say?

No, not at all. The only one of those three that would make it more likely he'd return quickly is a minor illness from which he's recovered. But then of course the question is was it serious enough to keep him out on the first place. If its tragedy or emergency then there are a lot of concerns and reasons which could keep him out for a very long time. It's much simpler and easier if its a falling out to turn around and say 'I was being a twat, let's be friends' from either party.

Slakk 05-17-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanRose (Post 1130150)
Slightly surprised by this. On the surface it doesn't quite seem to jive with the entirety of your frustrations expressed this year.

But you've stated repeatedly that it's not a Bon Jovi album among all the many, many other things wrong with the studio output, the live shows and the JBJ Corporate Empire in general.

What you've just said basically amounts to saying 'Richie is part of a band so if Jon wants to put out a shit JBJ solo record under the Bon Jovi name every year for the next 10 years then Richie and the band had better support it'. But you haven't said why he should be committed and support it other than because he's in the band.

At this point, given the train wreck the band as a whole has become, i'm surprised you aren't somewhat optimistic for the long term. If Richie continues supporting Jon there is far more chance the status-quo will continue and we'll get more fad-chasing albums for the next decade and more dull tours (I don't think you're right that the current and recent course would eventually lead the band into playing smaller venues due to dwindling demand to see them live).

If Richie doesn't bow to pressure then what this potentially does is open up a conversation with Jon about all the things we (and presumably he) are frustrated with.

When The Stones got together to make A Bigger Bang it was the first time Mick and Keith had written together face to face for an album in about 2 decades.

As frustrating as this silence/stalemate is at the minute we have no idea how it's going to play out and it could be to the benefit of everyone.

David is presently the most successful member musically outside of the band without a doubt. I don't think he needs to have a hissy fit and demand they should promote and play songs from Memphis, Toxic Avenger, Chasing the Song and whatever other projects he has going.

If this is the case then Richie needs to grow up.

Stranger11 05-17-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanJovi (Post 1130071)

Maybe I´m hearing things here but Jon says at 1:58 "...when he works through his personal issues...." and at 2:12 "we are fortunate that the guy that filled in for him last time that he had issues was available....".

As far as I know the issues Richie had in 2011 was rehab etc. Did Jon give a hint here?

Maybe Richie felt strong enough at the beginning of the tour that he could go through this without any of his demons showing up again (like on previous tours) but in this 2 weeks break (or even before) he felt it doesn´t work so he decided to leave the tour.

But then again he would have informed the guys not 6 hours before showtime - but it could be something in that direction.

rolo_tomachi 05-17-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanRose (Post 1130150)

Completely agree. Why Richie always have to crawl to the feet of Jon?

nrm123 05-17-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aljo (Post 1130077)
WOW! "If at all he chooses to come back." I don't remember Jon saying that in any other interview. Also, Jon seems a bit nervous to me, playing with that spoon. I think he's made it very clear by saying that sentence "if at all he chooses to come back"

Saying its just as good without him isn't doing anything good