Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

MrNickel 05-18-2013 02:39 AM

How badly was these dates selling ? How big were the venues ?

joriile 05-18-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1130299)
How badly was these dates selling ? How big were the venues ?

I went to the LA show and the capacity for the venue is about 1000.
Only 300 tickets were sold. :(
During the soundcheck, the keyboard or guitarist said something like it's gonna be a very small crowd tonight and Richie answered, yeah, but they're my crowd.
Honestly, I was pretty disheartened by the size of the crowd…… And that's the first time I got to meet Richie…… T T

Becky 05-18-2013 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joriile (Post 1130302)
I went to the LA show and the capacity for the venue is about 1000.
Only 300 tickets were sold. :(
During the soundcheck, the keyboard or guitarist said something like it's gonna be a very small crowd tonight and Richie answered, yeah, but they're my crowd.
Honestly, I was pretty disheartened by the size of the crowd…… And that's the first time I got to meet Richie…… T T

300 tickets in a city the size of LA? That's flabbergasting.

Mysterytrain 05-18-2013 03:17 AM

Generally speaking, it seems many in the U.S. have no idea Richie has a solo career. Even if they'd heard his name, they may not even know he's the guitarist in Bon Jovi.

I've told some of my otherwise astute family members (who are reasonably smart about popular culture) about my admiration for Richie and his solo career, and I've always had to explain to them the Bon Jovi connection. Then a lightbulb goes on in their heads and they figure it out, and find it mildly interesting (or pretend to).

That's been my experience, anyway.

Captain_jovi 05-18-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1130303)
300 tickets in a city the size of LA? That's flabbergasting.

Considering NYC is so close to Jersey and STILL got cancelled, it really shows how bad things were.

Again, my beef wasn't the cancelled shows, it was how he handled them.

GabrielC 05-18-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1130204)
1. Axl gives out that delusional amount of solos because his voice can barely hold up, and he needs to go backstage and suck down oxygen and whatever else to get him through the set. Not to mention that there isn't a damn thing "improvised" at a 2013 GN'R show, but I digress.

2. I'll never understand the whole "Evil Jon wants to make pop records and stops Saint Richie from playing 85 minute solos at every turn." Richie has never expressed a problem with what the band puts out, he spouts off numbers and accolades just as much as Jon does, and every track on his recent solo album (for better worse) could have fit on any of the last 5 Bon Jovi albums. So no, I don't think if Richie returns it will lead to some kind of mutiny.

Didn't he said he throught that the guitar would be louder in the record?

Savvi 05-18-2013 11:47 AM

This may have already been posted but here it is anyway...

In an interview with radio announcer Pete Snodden, Jon Bon Jovi spoke about his current tour through Europe and South Africa, his upcoming performance at Slane and what's going on with the Richie Sambora/Bon Jovi split.

We reported previously that the band was being pretty tightlipped about the reasons why Sambora had left but, on "The Ellen Degeneres Show," Jon Bon Jovi said that Sambora was "absolutely still a member of the band."

When Snodden asked him if Sambora was going to be back with the band, Bon Jovi said, "Let's just say I certainly hope so. He has not been fired from the band. He's not ill. He's got some personal stuff that he's got to deal with and I can't comment any further. And it's not me being elusive but it's for him to answer any further than that."

Addressing rumors that there may have been a falling out between frontman and guitarist, Bon Jovi said, "We did not have a row. But we go on. And he is always going to be welcome as long as he's up for it."

Article
Audio

danfan 05-18-2013 01:26 PM

That interview pretty much sums it up. Richie left because he was tired of the band or whatever. He's officially become the Tommy Lee of Bon Jovi. He knows they won't be as big without him, and apparently he doesn't give a shit about leaving the fans high and dry.

rolo_tomachi 05-18-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1130345)
This may have already been posted but here it is anyway...

In an interview with radio announcer Pete Snodden, Jon Bon Jovi spoke about his current tour through Europe and South Africa, his upcoming performance at Slane and what's going on with the Richie Sambora/Bon Jovi split.

We reported previously that the band was being pretty tightlipped about the reasons why Sambora had left but, on "The Ellen Degeneres Show," Jon Bon Jovi said that Sambora was "absolutely still a member of the band."

When Snodden asked him if Sambora was going to be back with the band, Bon Jovi said, "Let's just say I certainly hope so. He has not been fired from the band. He's not ill. He's got some personal stuff that he's got to deal with and I can't comment any further. And it's not me being elusive but it's for him to answer any further than that."

Addressing rumors that there may have been a falling out between frontman and guitarist, Bon Jovi said, "We did not have a row. But we go on. And he is always going to be welcome as long as he's up for it."

Article
Audio

Jon said the same thing with Alec.

Wonderdog 05-18-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130382)
Jon said the same thing with Alec.

Jon said that he hoped Alec would return, that he was always welcome, that he wasn't fired... I don't think so.