Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   JBJ has had vocal Surgery (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=71054)

eddie73 02-08-2024 08:19 AM

Full interview … major reconstruction of his vocal cords , glad he’s finally opened up about it … starts at 20 min mark

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=1296528037681664

steel_horse75 02-08-2024 08:46 AM

Can someone let Jon know that whatever Jon decides he will have Jerrys support.

Hopefully Jon can sleep easier now.

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk

liljovi93 02-08-2024 09:01 AM

I hope all of those who called me a liar/making rumours up about vocal surgery and trying to say the scar isn't vocal surgery feel like a tit now.

Heartbreaking to hear but I'm glad he's open about it. This is a band we love and no matter how much we slate them, we're here because we do love them at the end of the day.

Let's see what happens.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

kleman 02-08-2024 09:07 AM

"Heartbreaking to hear but I'm glad he's open about it. This is a band we love and no matter how much we slate them, we're here because we do love them at the end of the day.

Let's see what happens. "

Amen to that!

Chris_Newton 02-08-2024 10:07 AM

Really great interview.

I think its pritty straight forward. If jon thinks he can do himself justice then he will do another tour, otherwise thats it as far as touring goes.

steel_horse75 02-08-2024 10:23 AM

They don't need to tour.
Theyve been there and done that. No one goes to the shows to hear Limitless or DWYC so just release albums and do a few low key accoustic shows every few months.

Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 02-08-2024 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1287819)
I’m mixed here - he said it’s called “Thank you, Goodnight” for a reason…but still says he hopes to go on tour unless he’s unable to be great. So it all sounds very undecided. Before the interview I half wondered if the tour was going to be announced after episode 4…but as I said before, it still seems to be a wait and see with Jon’s recovery.

I think Thank You, Goodnight is what happens after this album and possible tour. Jon's has 4 kids, 3 getting married. He's opening a restaurant in Nashville. He's definitely gearing up for life after Bon Jovi.

I don't think he'll stop singing and doing solo shows but I think he's done being consumed by the machine of it all.

I think he wants to go out on top. That last album and especially tour was a disaster. He needs one last run to redeem it all.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 02-08-2024 11:22 AM

It breaks my heart that he has prosthetics. If Jon has proven anything, it is that he loves making music and singing it live. He has always been very active in it, even going through all kinds of adversity.

I don't think he will ever completely retire, it all depends on what his voice sounds like in the studio now. Crossing my fingers that he never stops releasing new music, as it was always his passion...and ours.

Wishing the best.

BJFan99 02-08-2024 11:30 AM

Heartbreaking (though not surprising) to hear all these details about what’s been going on with Jon for the last 10 years. I feel ashamed for having been so hard on him, even though I do think he should have come out and made his condition public by at least 2017.

The disease that he has - vocal cord atrophy - obviously isn’t his fault, but he could’ve chosen an easier way out and given us fans the right to know what was up with him several years ago already, instead of ripping people off with substandard performances at higher prices than ever while knowing his instrument wasn’t up for the task. That I can’t understand, but I feel very sad for the poor guy anyway and wish him all the best, hopefully his voice recovers as much as possible with the right medical treatment.

Jack27 02-08-2024 12:03 PM

When you hear what David was saying on Friday night in interviews, it was definitely not that they’re slowing down - but getting ready for the wave and there’s a lot left in the band.