Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New BSWJBJ Fanclub (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=37371)

jovigirloz 10-05-2006 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christo
It is a ****ing joke that the 'official' fanclub that enables one to get better access to BON JOVI (the BAND, that is) shows is based on one member, only. No wonder people keep making the same mistake of calling the band 'him'.

Anyway, the people who always got to the front of a show were the diehards already, I don't see why they should have to fork out more to prove it even more. What, the hundreds of dollars that I have spent on albums, singles, mechandise and shows isn't enough to prove I'm a big fan??? It was bad enough having to buy the membership last year for this tour, but forget renewing it like my licence, driving a car is far more important (and cheaper!) than getting crappy newletters about nothing.

Ridiculous.

That is a really good point that I never thought of before. It should be named Backstage with Bon Jovi. Now that Jon's mom (who obviously though of only including her son) isn't running it anymore, a name to change to reflect a proper Bon Jovi fan club would be good.
Would you mind if I used that on backstage as a topic? Thought it would get a good debate going.

Christo 10-05-2006 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz
That is a really good point that I never thought of before. It should be named Backstage with Bon Jovi. Now that Jon's mom (who obviously though of only including her son) isn't running it anymore, a name to change to reflect a proper Bon Jovi fan club would be good.
Would you mind if I used that on backstage as a topic? Thought it would get a good debate going.

Be my guest! Then, use my exact wording and put a timer on it to see how long it is before it gets deleted. :D

aggelos 10-05-2006 12:45 PM

She won't even have the chance to post it. It will delete itself :-))))
________
roor bong

danfan 10-05-2006 01:14 PM

You know, as bizarre as it sounds, that's one of the reasons I won't re-join. I HATE the fact that it's called Backstage With JON Bon Jovi.

jovigirloz 10-05-2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

Be my guest! Then, use my exact wording and put a timer on it to see how long it is before it gets deleted. :D

Thanks, are we taking bets on how long until it gets deleted....lol

Christo 10-05-2006 02:08 PM

Quote:

Thanks, are we taking bets on how long until it gets deleted....lol

Cool! Let me know how is goes. Can you give us a rundown on exactly what you said??

jovigirloz 10-05-2006 02:13 PM

Quote:

Cool! Let me know how is goes. Can you give us a rundown on exactly what you said??

This is how I put it,... tried to keep it light hearted.

Do you think the fan club will change it's name on Monday too?

I personally still like the Backstage With part ..but would change it to Bon Jovi (as we know that Bon Jovi is a "them" not a "him" )

If you think the name will change what would you like to be? This is just for fun.

2 responses, stuff like keep it thats how Mrs B had it etc..

It is definelty being promoted as a Jon Bon Jovi fan club. Guess they better get rid of the Offical Bon Jovi Fan Club spiel at the top.

Christo 10-05-2006 02:17 PM

Quote:

This is how I put it,... tried to keep it light hearted.

Do you think the fan club will change it's name on Monday too?

I personally still like the Backstage With part ..but would change it to Bon Jovi (as we know that Bon Jovi is a "them" not a "him" )

If you think the name will change what would you like to be? This is just for fun.

2 responses, stuff like keep it thats how Mrs B had it etc..

It is definelty being promoted as a Jon Bon Jovi fan club. Guess they better get rid of the Offical Bon Jovi Fan Club spiel at the top.

Nice one. You got the point across in a very diplomatic way. I guess its purpose will be served better by it being allowed to remain in existence!

jovigirloz 10-05-2006 02:27 PM

Thank you :)

Becky 10-05-2006 03:35 PM

The thing about the name is none of the other guys contribute. If they called it Backstage with Bon Jovi, you'd expect to hear something from Richie, Dave, & Tico. Richie didn't even contribute to his OWN fan club which is one reason it went the way of New Coke.

I don't like it that the fan club says JBJ, but it's more honest that way. If the other guys aren't going to contribute anything people would then get pissed that the fan club was supposed to be for the band and Jon was the only one you ever heard from. People will bitch either way.