Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Why Does Bon Jovi Never Play 'Thank You For Loving Me' Anymore (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=52449)

TwinFan 01-14-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1035110)
I do like it as well. I always have. Yes its cheesy but I really like the musical arrangement. It is in my top 5 post 2000 ballads, along with ST, WWWB, MAM and IWTBL.

That's not saying much, really. Make a Memory is my favorite post 2000 ballad by far, I've got a soft spot for Save the World, maybe WDYG is up there, but the others I just can't get into. Also, I wouldn't really consider WWWB as a ballad, and especially not IWTBL.

_SeBasTiAn_BaCh- 01-16-2011 04:58 AM

Here's a nice performance of the song:
I like this tune, here in Brazil it got a lot of airplay at the time... I would dare to say it was the last videoclip that got relevant air play around here... close tie with Misunderstood. I consider It as a hit.

Why staple Capt Crash and not play this tune every once in a while?
I always wondered why BJ drops most of their chosen singles after the end of each tour, for instance:
This Aint a Love song, Say It Isnt So, Thank You, Everyday, Misunderstood, All About Lovin You, Memory, ... tour ends, singles are not played next tours.

Thunderstrucker 01-21-2011 09:26 AM

I'm glad they dont play that crapsong anymore. On the other hand it would be a good song to get a drink at the bar.

I salute you,
TS

JohnnieWalker 01-21-2011 03:20 PM

I don't get why it isn't good because it's cheesy and a bit cliché? Always is FAR more cliché and cheesy, but still, it considered as one of the best ballads ever written.
I'd love to hear TYFLM live.

Thunderstrucker 01-21-2011 05:28 PM

As if you can compare the 2 songs. Always has by far better lyrics, better build up and an awesome solo in it. TYFLM would be just a filler with a dead crowd.

I salute you,
TS

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 01-28-2011 12:27 PM

Crush is a nice album and some of the songs on it are fantastic, would love to hear next 100 years, two story town or just older, rather than TYFLM. As for ballads go, it's not their worst 2000+ ballad, definitely not. Theres a handful of more cringey ones from the last decade, but I still don't really listen to it anymore..for a reason I guess.

BonJovisJeweler 03-01-2024 06:02 PM

They didn't do this in concert very often because it was hard on Jons voice. You wouldn't think so, but there's a lot of singers who won't sing certain songs constantly in their live shows because of the strain on their voice. Hope that helps a little. I for one like this song, and sang this to my wife on our wedding day.

Roll 03-06-2024 05:38 PM

Wow, that's some kind of unburying a topic.

Apart from the fact that I think the song's a bad one, it's funny to notice that 13 years ago TYFLM was 1 spot ahead of Always (14 M for TYFLM vs I don't know how much for Always) whereas now Always will hit quite soon 1 billion views vs only 15 M for TYFLM :D

steel_horse75 03-06-2024 06:52 PM

nope. the songs rubbish thsts why

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk

LeaJovi 04-02-2024 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJtruefan (Post 1034561)
Well, you may re-think about that.
Just watch Thank You For Loving Me live from Toronto, the only available pro-shot live performance of this song.
It's cheesy of course, as cheesy as Blood On Blood was said in its era.
But listen to how Jon sang it, and how the crowd loved it.

God damn the band used to sound so good. :puppydog::puppydog::puppydog::puppydog::puppydog: :puppydog::puppydog::puppydog: