Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Poll: Should Bon Jovi continue after THINFS (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69641)

Walleris 09-11-2016 05:43 PM

I'm someone who believes they should've called it quits after the WAN era debacle. Jon not being able to sing is one thing. Richie not being there is another. But both? That's too much for me to ever spend money to travel to another country to see them live.

I'm surprised to see such overwhelming lead for the "Yes" option. I guess I'm getting old...

It's my faith 09-11-2016 10:13 PM

It's all about how they feel like...

If they still have the need to create and record and perform songs, then they should do it. If they want to change their style and play trance/blues/bluegrass/metal let them do it. And what happens if they don't sell copies or fill stadiums anymore? Well, if they are ok with this they will find a way to continue. If they want to retire, let them be. Only they and their contracts are the ones to decide.

I hope that they continue to be present and run this cycle Album->Promotion->Tour->Relax for many times again. I'm interested to listen to what they will grow into as the time passes. Every album+tour is a different era for me, a different perspective of how they feel musically.

Thierry 09-11-2016 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1206470)
I'm surprised to see such overwhelming lead for the "Yes" option. I guess I'm getting old...

Me too. Too bad that it seems to sink in with a lot of people that the latest releases, Jons voice and the departure of Richie is a big problem.

bjcrazycpa 09-11-2016 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1206470)
I'm someone who believes they should've called it quits after the WAN era debacle. Jon not being able to sing is one thing. Richie not being there is another. But both? That's too much for me to ever spend money to travel to another country to see them live.

Old at 22...that's a good one!!

steel_horse75 09-11-2016 11:13 PM

If they were gonna split it would've been after WAN but I don't see them calling it a day until they do a farewell greatest hits tour.....with Richie back in the fold.

DryCounty 09-11-2016 11:19 PM

I love Bon Jovi, it's such a vital part of my life that I can't imagine life without them as an active band. In my book BJ has never made a bad record, even though their 80s and 90s material are pretty superior. I think TC, WAN, BB etc. are fantastic records compared to what other artists and bands are releasing these days. Maybe it's because I'm a big fan of modern arena pop/rock and that's pretty much what BJ are giving us.

My biggest concern is the live shows. I can't see Jon getting better and listening to those 2015 shows is painful. He's barely a shadow of the showman he used to be and somwhow his voice died a painful death along the Because We Can Tour. There are many great singers who has gone down a similar path. Paul Stanley in Kiss comes to mind, but the difference there is that he still puts on a hell of a show. I could get through the fact that Jons voice is gone if he still put on a great energetic performance. Now he spends mostly time behind the acoustic guitar and when he's not he is trapped behind the white mic stand.

I likes to remember the LH Tour and The Circle/Greatest Hits Tour. Man they sounded great back then and it really wasn't that long ago. If the upcoming tour is a disaster much like the 2015 shows, I guess it's time to pull the plug. Sad but true.

liljovi93 09-13-2016 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1206167)
I'm still tying to figure out why they shouldn't continue?

The majority of the reviews have been mainly positive for THINFS. Knockout is different but there are 14 or so other tracks that still need to be heard and the 2017 tour hasn't even started yet so what would my opinion be based on? Knockout? Too early for this poll... Check back in a year!!!

You're trying to figure out why they shouldn't yet you clicked 'no'??

I'm unsure anyway too, though. It's hard to judge when we haven't heard the album or anything live yet. If both don't live up to the standards they should, then they should call it a day.

Manbou 09-13-2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1206615)
You're trying to figure out why they shouldn't yet you clicked 'no'??

I'm unsure anyway too, though. It's hard to judge when we haven't heard the album or anything live yet. If both don't live up to the standards they should, then they should call it a day.

Maybe he's misread the question as: "Should Bon Jovi quit after THINFS?"

Happened to me too when I first saw the thread.

DestinationJovi 09-14-2016 12:05 PM

It doesn't matter whether we think they should or shouldn't.

Do you really think the label re-signed Jon with a one album contract? Come on.

BD135 09-18-2016 02:15 AM

Jon has said himself that he will quit the business if he releases an album that doesn't chart. I'm sure this one will chart well in the first week.