Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   JBJ Q&A Event 21-11-22 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70980)

Nige 11-22-2022 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1283336)
from jerry:

''I got to ask Jon a question tonight on the Q&A! I asked: What song became an outtake that you wish you would’ve put on an album?
He said: He recently found a song called All in the Name of Love deep in the archives and completely fell in love with it! He’s excited to share it!'''

This one?

Captain_jovi 11-22-2022 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1283340)
Still think Jerrys question was obviously agreed before hand.

Thing is Jon said 2 years ago he had a ton of interesting stuff to share...and has delivered nothing unless tacky boxsets are what you like. Theras been no demos, no rare tracks- nothing.

Hoping the boxset is physical release but they cost money and no ones buying bon jovi albums anymore let alone boxsets.

I guess no tour blows the Richie returns theory out the water - unless Jon has just said that so we all go thats a ahame then they announce reunion gig.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

I mean clearly they were waiting until the 40th to put it all out. To me, putting out 40-50 unreleased songs from every era is the exact opposite of the word tacky.

I think you're bang on that there's going to be a tour and if Richie is involved they're not ready to announce anything yet. Or maybe it already fell apart...

Thinny 11-22-2022 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1283343)
I think you're bang on that there's going to be a tour and if Richie is involved they're not ready to announce anything yet. Or maybe it already fell apart...

Could just be that Richie has been talking to them about the Box Set, rather than a tour. Which is fine with me. If I had to choose between a tour with Richie, or a Box Set that included Richie - at this stage, I'd go for the box set.

blazeofglory 11-22-2022 10:31 AM

I imagine that IF they were planning a tour, and especially a reunion tour with Richie, they would probably want to announce it differently and they might also not want to say anything about it until everything’s 100% set.

That aside it sounds like there’s a bunch of really nice stuff coming if they actually deliver!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikos greece 11-22-2022 10:56 AM

agree... i hope sth is in the works with richie and probably want to announce it in a big way...
good news... when can we watch it? its not available in the experience yeet...

i hope jon tries to write a song or 2 with Richie...this is where they should focus imo. if sth nice comes out great, if it wont work noone will know

Rdkopper 11-22-2022 11:00 AM

Maybe Jon's voice just isn't physically ready for a tour. I'm sure he needs to be extremely careful with his return time especially if he wants to try to get another 10/15 years out if it.

I'm looking forward to the Box. Anyone ask about a released date?

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

BJFan99 11-22-2022 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1283347)
Maybe Jon's voice just isn't physically ready for a tour. I'm sure he needs to be extremely careful with his return time especially if he wants to try to get another 10/15 years out if it.

I'm looking forward to the Box. Anyone ask about a released date?

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

There's no way Jon will be able to continue for even 5 years at this point, let alone 10-15. He truly has no voice left.

steel_horse75 11-22-2022 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1283343)
I mean clearly they were waiting until the 40th to put it all out. To me, putting out 40-50 unreleased songs from every era is the exact opposite of the word tacky.

I just dont know why he hasnt even released 1 unreleased track on the JBJ experience.
Not a live version of a song weve all heard 100 times.
Clearly oven mits are the way to go!

steel_horse75 11-22-2022 11:50 AM

Id prefer to see a Jon and Richie accoustic tour in small theatres than a stadium tour where jons voice is shot after 3 songs

rolo_tomachi 11-22-2022 12:50 PM

It's fantastic news, so the box set will be a real thing, (and a physical one I imagine).

Having hundreds of live shows from the vault... wow, I expect a digital site like Pearl Jam Deep or Live Metallica... traveling to all their tours.

Also happy with the new record, Jon always puts a some of gems on the albums.

Some questions:

About the release dates... Did Jon mention anything? Will it be in spring/summer or will we have to wait for fall 2023?

About the tour... maybe they have some logistical problem or whatever... and could they go in 2024?

Anyway, once they release the documentary and the box set, will they have to do some shows to promote the thing, even if it's just a couple of shows, (maybe 4 nights). If this is right, Jon would not be lying, since he said that there would not be a tour, but at no time did he say that they would not do any specific show. Richie could join those promotional shows.

I always liked the idea of ​​them releasing the anniversary box set first in 2023 along with the documentary. This is how they repair their reputation a bit due to the bad press from the 2022 shows. Once people are celebrating their career with the documentary and the fans with the box set, it would be great to launcha new album in 2024 with a international (and limited) tour only in stadiums.

After all this, Jon could test the waters with a solo record, and do a little more intimate tour, including some acoustic shows.
I would bet on something like that. And if in 2034 they are still alive, and they can come together to play, then do one last dance.